fabia mk lll hybrid turbo

I own a 1.2tsi mk3 110hp and i am looking for a hybrid turbo .. any suggestions where could i find one ? nobody in my area does anything of sort so my only option is to order it.. how does it work? do i need to send my existing turbo for a company to make it a hybrid turbo or do i need to buy one new? the only place i found online was HADDU performance i sent an email but no response..

7 hours ago, Eladshaul said:

I own a 1.2tsi mk3 110hp and i am looking for a hybrid turbo .. any suggestions where could i find one ? nobody in my area does anything of sort so my only option is to order it.. how does it work? do i need to send my existing turbo for a company to make it a hybrid turbo or do i need to buy one new? the only place i found online was HADDU performance i sent an email but no response..

JSB Auto Designs do one, they don't list it though oddly, shoot them an email, they generally reply pretty quickly (slowest reply i had was next day, usually within a few hours if in the morning though).

They can do it in two ways, you send in yours, they hybrid it and send it back. Or, you pay that + an additional deposit, and recieve immediately a hybrided turbo, then once you fitted it, you send your original turbo back, and so long as it's in good condition (to avoid people trying to scam sending broken turbos), you'll get the additional deposit back.

The other option is you take your car in, they fit it there and then, though you'll be paying a couple hours labour (which the *might* discount a tiny bit if you had it mapped at the same time).

Note you won't get any real gains (+/- a little bit) until you have it mapped, which JBS will also do for £450, that covers all the costs of dyno time and tuning etc.

To save on costs a bit, you could also get a turbo from a 1.4TSI like i have (must be from 140/150ps model - part number 04E 145 721 B), they get half way between standard and hybrid when mapped (around 160bhp), and if you fancied, they can be hybrided and will give even more power than a standard hybrid turbo, up to and beyond 200bhp, at the cost of increased turbo lag.

I've a 1.4TSI turbo which i'm fitting to my car shortly, so i'll have a spare turbo laying around, I suppose we could work a deal on that, that way you could send in that, have that hybrided, and have both a hybrid and standard turbo, in case you ever needed to put it back to stock.

22 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

JSB Auto Designs do one, they don't list it though oddly, shoot them an email, they generally reply pretty quickly (slowest reply i had was next day, usually within a few hours if in the morning though).

They can do it in two ways, you send in yours, they hybrid it and send it back. Or, you pay that + an additional deposit, and recieve immediately a hybrided turbo, then once you fitted it, you send your original turbo back, and so long as it's in good condition (to avoid people trying to scam sending broken turbos), you'll get the additional deposit back.

The other option is you take your car in, they fit it there and then, though you'll be paying a couple hours labour (which the *might* discount a tiny bit if you had it mapped at the same time).

Note you won't get any real gains (+/- a little bit) until you have it mapped, which JBS will also do for £450, that covers all the costs of dyno time and tuning etc.

To save on costs a bit, you could also get a turbo from a 1.4TSI like i have (must be from 140/150ps model - part number 04E 145 721 B), they get half way between standard and hybrid when mapped (around 160bhp), and if you fancied, they can be hybrided and will give even more power than a standard hybrid turbo, up to and beyond 200bhp, at the cost of increased turbo lag.

I've a 1.4TSI turbo which i'm fitting to my car shortly, so i'll have a spare turbo laying around, I suppose we could work a deal on that, that way you could send in that, have that hybrided, and have both a hybrid and standard turbo, in case you ever needed to put it back to fir

First thing thanks for the info and second about your suggestion does fitting a 1.4 turbo requires me to change engine parts / cooling or anything of sort so it wont stress the engine too much? 

25 minutes ago, Eladshaul said:

First thing thanks for the info and second about your suggestion does fitting a 1.4 turbo requires me to change engine parts / cooling or anything of sort so it wont stress the engine too much? 

The stock 1.4 turbo provides less power than a hybrid 1.2 turbo, which doesn't require any additional mods, so no.

If you went anything more than a hybrid 1.4 turbo, (trying to get more than 200+), then it's probably advisable to get some stronger parts in there. Someone had one running 240 ish on stock internals with a bigger turbo still, but it eventually broke.

The 1.4 turbo is a straight bolt on swap, without mapping it's no different to the 1.2 turbo (if anything itll probably run slightly more efficiently (it won't be working as hard) at the expense of a tad more lag (it flows better so spins up slightly slower)). I've made a table of what kind of region each turbo will achieve power wise, each engine & tuner will vary, a sport cat + intake will give you a little more (usually around 10bhp from what i've seen), cat-back exhausts will barely do anything. The cat is the main restriction in these.

image.png.b1bc625f5a98fb5deea13ac387976cea.png

Edited by FabiaGonzales

2 hours ago, FabiaGonzales said:

The stock 1.4 turbo provides less power than a hybrid 1.2 turbo, which doesn't require any additional mods, so no.

If you went anything more than a hybrid 1.4 turbo, (trying to get more than 200+), then it's probably advisable to get some stronger parts in there. Someone had one running 240 ish on stock internals with a bigger turbo still, but it eventually broke.

The 1.4 turbo is a straight bolt on swap, without mapping it's no different to the 1.2 turbo (if anything itll probably run slightly more efficiently (it won't be working as hard) at the expense of a tad more lag (it flows better so spins up slightly slower)). I've made a table of what kind of region each turbo will achieve power wise, each engine & tuner will vary, a sport cat + intake will give you a little more (usually around 10bhp from what i've seen), cat-back exhausts will barely do anything. The cat is the main restriction in these.

image.png.b1bc625f5a98fb5deea13ac387976cea.png

answer from Jbs auto design: 

We haven’t produced one for the later EA211 engine just yet, which is what your model would be. There are a number of rumours that the 1.4tsi turbo works well, but again although we know it will physically fit, we don’t know what power it could make (estimate 160-170hp), or how the actuator will work with the software.

We do plan on producing a complete hybrid for this model, unfortunately it is just a factor of time and demand, and we haven’t had enough demand to warrant spending a lot of time on it.

so.. a little bird told me you have a 1.4 turbo 

1 hour ago, Eladshaul said:

answer from Jbs auto design: 

We haven’t produced one for the later EA211 engine just yet, which is what your model would be. There are a number of rumours that the 1.4tsi turbo works well, but again although we know it will physically fit, we don’t know what power it could make (estimate 160-170hp), or how the actuator will work with the software.

We do plan on producing a complete hybrid for this model, unfortunately it is just a factor of time and demand, and we haven’t had enough demand to warrant spending a lot of time on it.

so.. a little bird told me you have a 1.4 turbo 

This was my response from JBS Auto Designs:

-----------------------

image.png.87b03df6515f29ac37c5ad981cc2f41b.png

-----------------------

I later asked about hybriding the 1.4, he mentioned it would probably achieve similar power to their stage-2 hybrid from the old 1.2, about 200bhp, but lag becomes noticable as at that point, the exhaust turbine needs to be enlarged to reduce backpressure.

Though he cannot give any solid figures as it's all theoretical, they haven't actually built anything  for the new versions (yet).

The actuator is a non-issue, someone else on here already has the 1.4 turbo installed, and it worked without issue (hadn't mapped it at that point).

That little bird is correct! I do indeed have a 1.4 turbo, it's waiting to go in next monday once i have time.

I figured, that ignoring the cost of tuning there were 3 main options;

£0 for ~130bhp

~£100 for ~160bhp

~£999 for ~180bhp

£100 for a nice 30bhp jump from stock turbo is pretty good, but the additional huge cost of going hybrid, for just another 20bhp on top of that, just isn't worth it in my opinion (one day i wish to get a 2.0T custom built for 500+bhp and to work with my current ecu).

The other member on here who got a 1.4 turbo had no problems with theirs, mine however, was quite a different story.

It cost me £105, and it arrived, a bit grubby, with evidence of some kind of yellowish residue in the intake side, the intake pipe was still attached so i couldn't properly inspect it

A couple days later and a new box of torx bits came and i was able to take it off (my old set was missing quite a few bits), the car it was previously in clearly had been driven into a muddy river where it met its demise, the intake side was full of a combination of oily mess, mud, and a little bit of what looked like rust. 

Two cans of brake clean and a can of GT-85 later, and the turbo externally was spotless, however every time i blasted it with more gt-85 or brake clean, more bits of crud came out of the intake from places which i couldn't see.

I didn't want to risk anything putting a dirty turbo on my car, so blatantly ignoring advice not to take off the housing, i did just that, and i was met with a housing full of rust (all the mud was gone by that point), it was also evident the turbo had eaten something it shouldn't have, one blade was scuffed and bent further inside the housing where it couldn't be seen from outside. I got a couple of quotes for a refurb in the £150 region , but it was looking more like a full rebuild and repair for closer to the £300 mark. Sod that.

I got in touch with the original seller, who was surprisingly good about it, props to them, (it was sold as-is with no guarantees), and happened to have another turbo from another car which had just come in, they offered me that for £55, i decided i'd pick it up myself to double check that it hadn't been drowned like the previous one, and the offer dropped to £50.

Figured i didn't really want a nackered turbo laying around my kitchen forever, and thinking that a turbo refurb place can probably give it another lease of life for someone else (being sentimental an that lmao, didn't want to bin it), i decided to drop it off at midland turbo on the way to pick up the replacement, i even left them an amusing note in the box for when they'd open it!

Anyhow i got to midland turbo and dropped off the box and one of the techies comes to pick it up and says to hold on while they give it a quick check, he came back a few minutes later with £30! I didn't expect that! I kind of expected him to ask for some details about the turbo or something (which were on the note to be fair), not to bring me money haha.

Moved on and picked up the new turbo, armed with a can of brake clean, i cleaned it out there, no dirt, no rust, just a tad of oily residue which was expected (crankcase ventilation is looped back into the intake to reduce emissions and leaves an oily residue all over the intake).

Final addition to the story, i'd forgotten i had 6 crates of 24x330m coke cans unsecured in the boot, every time i went round a corner, the whole lot (about 50KG), would slide across and slam into the side, causing the back end to jump out! All in a day's fun eh :D 

So all in all, a long story, two weeks after initially recieving a turbo, and £125 later, i finally have a clean turbo that's in a good enough condition that i feel is safe to put on my car!

1 hour ago, FabiaGonzales said:

This was my response from JBS Auto Designs:

-----------------------

image.png.87b03df6515f29ac37c5ad981cc2f41b.png

-----------------------

I later asked about hybriding the 1.4, he mentioned it would probably achieve similar power to their stage-2 hybrid from the old 1.2, about 200bhp, but lag becomes noticable as at that point, the exhaust turbine needs to be enlarged to reduce backpressure.

Though he cannot give any solid figures as it's all theoretical, they haven't actually built anything  for the new versions (yet).

The actuator is a non-issue, someone else on here already has the 1.4 turbo installed, and it worked without issue (hadn't mapped it at that point).

That little bird is correct! I do indeed have a 1.4 turbo, it's waiting to go in next monday once i have time.

I figured, that ignoring the cost of tuning there were 3 main options;

£0 for ~130bhp

~£100 for ~160bhp

~£999 for ~180bhp

£100 for a nice 30bhp jump from stock turbo is pretty good, but the additional huge cost of going hybrid, for just another 20bhp on top of that, just isn't worth it in my opinion (one day i wish to get a 2.0T custom built for 500+bhp and to work with my current ecu).

The other member on here who got a 1.4 turbo had no problems with theirs, mine however, was quite a different story.

It cost me £105, and it arrived, a bit grubby, with evidence of some kind of yellowish residue in the intake side, the intake pipe was still attached so i couldn't properly inspect it

A couple days later and a new box of torx bits came and i was able to take it off (my old set was missing quite a few bits), the car it was previously in clearly had been driven into a muddy river where it met its demise, the intake side was full of a combination of oily mess, mud, and a little bit of what looked like rust. 

Two cans of brake clean and a can of GT-85 later, and the turbo externally was spotless, however every time i blasted it with more gt-85 or brake clean, more bits of crud came out of the intake from places which i couldn't see.

I didn't want to risk anything putting a dirty turbo on my car, so blatantly ignoring advice not to take off the housing, i did just that, and i was met with a housing full of rust (all the mud was gone by that point), it was also evident the turbo had eaten something it shouldn't have, one blade was scuffed and bent further inside the housing where it couldn't be seen from outside. I got a couple of quotes for a refurb in the £150 region , but it was looking more like a full rebuild and repair for closer to the £300 mark. Sod that.

I got in touch with the original seller, who was surprisingly good about it, props to them, (it was sold as-is with no guarantees), and happened to have another turbo from another car which had just come in, they offered me that for £55, i decided i'd pick it up myself to double check that it hadn't been drowned like the previous one, and the offer dropped to £50.

Figured i didn't really want a nackered turbo laying around my kitchen forever, and thinking that a turbo refurb place can probably give it another lease of life for someone else (being sentimental an that lmao, didn't want to bin it), i decided to drop it off at midland turbo on the way to pick up the replacement, i even left them an amusing note in the box for when they'd open it!

Anyhow i got to midland turbo and dropped off the box and one of the techies comes to pick it up and says to hold on while they give it a quick check, he came back a few minutes later with £30! I didn't expect that! I kind of expected him to ask for some details about the turbo or something (which were on the note to be fair), not to bring me money haha.

Moved on and picked up the new turbo, armed with a can of brake clean, i cleaned it out there, no dirt, no rust, just a tad of oily residue which was expected (crankcase ventilation is looped back into the intake to reduce emissions and leaves an oily residue all over the intake).

Final addition to the story, i'd forgotten i had 6 crates of 24x330m coke cans unsecured in the boot, every time i went round a corner, the whole lot (about 50KG), would slide across and slam into the side, causing the back end to jump out! All in a day's fun eh :D 

So all in all, a long story, two weeks after initially recieving a turbo, and £125 later, i finally have a clean turbo that's in a good enough condition that i feel is safe to put on my car!

you should really write a book lol. so i found out that my neighbour also has a spare 1.4 turbo from his octavia 2017 .. will it fit my engine and wont require any engine upgrades? the gains will be 150-160 if i map it like you said?

2 hours ago, Eladshaul said:

you should really write a book lol. so i found out that my neighbour also has a spare 1.4 turbo from his octavia 2017 .. will it fit my engine and wont require any engine upgrades? the gains will be 150-160 if i map it like you said?

Check its part number, if it's 04E 145 721 B, you're in luck, if it's something else, gi'z a shout and post the part number on here, either myself or someone out will tell you (i'm off to bed now :D ).

Just made this as a quick comparison between the two pointing out a few differences between the large and small turbos

image.thumb.png.e856e9e92de674f4a9a0b676b8f62c22.png

2 hours ago, FabiaGonzales said:

Check its part number, if it's 04E 145 721 B, you're in luck, if it's something else, gi'z a shout and post the part number on here, either myself or someone out will tell you (i'm off to bed now :D ).

Just made this as a quick comparison between the two pointing out a few differences between the large and small turbos

image.thumb.png.e856e9e92de674f4a9a0b676b8f62c22.png

its a 04E 145 721 T , it also has x shaped exhaust flange. will it go? 

22 hours ago, Eladshaul said:

Hello.

So here’s the thing, you need a turbo from the 1.4 they are going to rebuild it and make it hybrid then you have to block the watercooler manifold with a plate, after that you need to install a new intercooler new downpipe and new mapping, maximum hp will be about 270, i will do the same thing but i’m going for 180-200bhp cause my NJ was build as a track car from our national SKODA FABIA championship. Check my post in (modifying you fabia page 34).

For more questions don’t hesitate, but remember, you also need some stopping power and stiffer suspension. 

Edited by xensnow

1 hour ago, xensnow said:

Hello.

So here’s the thing, you need a turbo from the 1.4 they are going to rebuild it and make it hybrid then you have to block the watercooler manifold with a plate, after that you need to install a new intercooler new downpipe and new mapping, maximum hp will be about 270, i will do the same thing but i’m going for 180-200bhp cause my NJ was build as a track car from our national SKODA FABIA championship. Check my post in (modifying you fabia page 34).

For more questions don’t hesitate, but remember, you also need some stopping power and stiffer suspension. 

after hearing all this information im starting to go towards only putting a 1.4 and mapping it without going hybrid on it .. maybe an exhaust and intake keeping it around 180-190hp .. i dont plan on racing the car i just want to have that extra power in my engine for when i need it on the road.

now i just want to make sure that i am getting the right 1.4 to match my engine..

51 minutes ago, Eladshaul said:

after hearing all this information im starting to go towards only putting a 1.4 and mapping it without going hybrid on it .. maybe an exhaust and intake keeping it around 180-190hp .. i dont plan on racing the car i just want to have that extra power in my engine for when i need it on the road.

now i just want to make sure that i am getting the right 1.4 to match my engine..

The turbo of the 1.4 it has to be made hybrid i think, but just to give you an idea i’m running the factory 1.2 turbo and exhaust no downpipe etc and stock intakes (championship regulations) and i’m making 150bhp and it’s all safe and i’m beating the engine all day every weekend and some times as a daily.

5 hours ago, Eladshaul said:

its a 04E 145 721 T , it also has x shaped exhaust flange. will it go? 

I can't find much information on that one oddly, though given that Octavias have only 140/150ps flavours of the 1.4TSI, so it should.

Couldn't find any images of that particular part, but compatible alternative part numbers bring up other turbos of the correct, larger type.

Best off giving jbs a bell and seeing what they say.

3 hours ago, xensnow said:

Hello.

You can just go simple hybrid 1.4 turbo without doing any other mods and get around the 200bhp mark. For 270 bhp you'll want to rebuild with new pistons and rods etc, and probably also go stage2 hybrid (gonna say 270 is most likely not achievable from just a normal hybrid 1.4 turbo), which will start to see much more turbo lag and probably impact the low-end torque in a negative way.

I mean, look at the JBS-IMS650 Turbo Kit for the 2.0TSI, that gets anywhere from 490-780bhp depending on which other mods you do beyond just the turbo.

1 hour ago, xensnow said:

The turbo of the 1.4 it has to be made hybrid i think, but just to give you an idea i’m running the factory 1.2 turbo and exhaust no downpipe etc and stock intakes (championship regulations) and i’m making 150bhp and it’s all safe and i’m beating the engine all day every weekend and some times as a daily.

2 hours ago, Eladshaul said:

For long term reliability (and cost) like i mentioned in a previous reply, without any further mods, there's really 4 main options;

stock 1.2 turbo for ~130 ish depending on where you go

stock 1.4 turbo for ~160 ish (with a small cost associated with getting hold of such turbo - or no cost if you're lucky)

hybrid 1.2 turbo for ~180 ish (with the much larger cost of getting the turbo hybrided)

hybrid 1.4 turbo for ~200 ish (small cost of getting hold of the turbo + the much larger cost of getting the it hybrided)

Exhaust/intake will gain usually around 10bhp on top of that. Depending on how the map and turbo responds to it.

You may get more or less depending on how happy the tuner feels that day and which tuner you go to, plus some extra from an exhaust+intake.

Some tuners go balls to the wall squeezing every ounce of power they can from it, some like to play it safe and have a more reliable engine. Unless you're mostly just racing, a reliable engine is what you want.

For a cost/gain perspective, the stock 1.4 turbo is really great. over 50% more power and torque from stock, moreso coming from 90bhp model!

The 200bhp mark is where i'd stop personally, on stock internals anyway. And that would be with a hyrid 1.4 on its own with no other mods, just at the 200bhp mark. Saves on doing exhaust and stuff too.

The cost effectiveness of a 1.2 hybrid just isn't there, considering how close a standard 1.4 gets to it with much much lower cost, and how the hybrid 1.4 gets even more with only minor cost increase vs the 1.2 hybrid (though the 1.4 hybrid comes at the expense of slightly more lag).

12 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

I can't find much information on that one oddly, though given that Octavias have only 140/150ps flavours of the 1.4TSI, so it should.

Couldn't find any images of that particular part, but compatible alternative part numbers bring up other turbos of the correct, larger type.

You can just go simple hybrid 1.4 turbo without doing any other mods and get around the 200bhp mark. For 270 bhp you'll want to rebuild with new pistons and rods etc, and probably also go stage2 hybrid (gonna say 270 is most likely not achievable from just a normal hybrid 1.4 turbo), which will start to see much more turbo lag and probably impact the low-end torque in a negative way.

I mean, look at the JBS-IMS650 Turbo Kit for the 2.0TSI, that gets anywhere from 490-780bhp depending on which other mods you do beyond just the turbo.

For long term reliability (and cost) like i mentioned in a previous reply, without any further mods, there's really 4 main options;

stock 1.4 turbo for ~160 ish (with a small cost associated with getting hold of such turbo - or no cost if you're lucky)

hybrid 1.2 turbo for ~180 ish (with the much larger cost of getting the turbo hybrided)

hybrid 1.4 turbo for ~200 ish (small cost of getting hold of the turbo + the much larger cost of getting the it hybrided)

Exhaust/intake will gain usually around 10bhp on top of that. Depending on how the map and turbo responds to it.

You may get more or less depending on how happy the tuner feels that day and which tuner you go to, plus some extra from an exhaust+intake.

Some tuners go balls to the wall squeezing every ounce of power they can from it, some like to play it safe and have a more reliable engine. Unless you're mostly just racing, a reliable engine is what you want.

For a cost/gain perspective, the stock 1.4 turbo is really great. over 50% more power and torque from stock, moreso coming from 90bhp model!

The 200bhp mark is where i'd stop personally, on stock internals anyway. And that would be with a hyrid 1.4 on its own with no other mods, just at the 200bhp mark. Saves on doing exhaust and stuff too.

The cost effectiveness of a 1.2 hybrid just isn't there, considering how close a standard 1.4 gets to it with much much lower cost, and how the hybrid 1.4 gets even more with only minor cost increase vs the 1.2 hybrid (though the 1.4 hybrid comes at the expense of slightly more lag).

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

5 hours ago, FabiaGonzales said:

so this is the one that will fit 2015 fabia and take it from 110 hp and will give me 170hp  -ish mapped correct? if so i am buying.

20200528_172136.jpg

26 minutes ago, Eladshaul said:

so this is the one that will fit 2015 fabia and take it from 110 hp and will give me 170hp  -ish mapped correct? if so i am buying.

20200528_172136.jpg

Yep, any of those part numbers should be fine, but that one appears to be the most common. It's the same as the one which i have.

DF83753D-7820-46AF-AC91-5938B039756B.jpeg

34 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

Yep, any of those part numbers should be fine, but that one appears to be the most common. It's the same as the one which i have.

DF83753D-7820-46AF-AC91-5938B039756B.jpeg

any trustworthy website with worldwide shipping that have it in stock? 

16 minutes ago, Eladshaul said:

any trustworthy website with worldwide shipping that have it in stock? 

I'd advise going the eBay route, and collectig in person to inspect. A new/remanufactured turbo costs a couple hundred at the very least. An eBay one for that matter will be a fraction of the price, just ensure you inspect it in person before paying up.

If you're looking to spend an absolute bomb, then give a few places a call like Midland Turbo, Turbo Clinic and others a call, since the vw engines are used in a lot of different models and makes theyre quite common.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174072283299

Edited by FabiaGonzales

I need to stop entering briskoda, because every time i do i end up ordering some new parts for my car and now you got me all hyped up for 1.4 turbo :D my main concern is about transmission.. do you have any information how much nm and hp can a 5speed take? I never launch my car from first gear or something like that, but it is already around 240nm, how much do you think it can take? I asked Skoda, no response.. thanks!!

1 hour ago, krdza_vRS said:

I need to stop entering briskoda, because every time i do i end up ordering some new parts for my car and now you got me all hyped up for 1.4 turbo :D my main concern is about transmission.. do you have any information how much nm and hp can a 5speed take? I never launch my car from first gear or something like that, but it is already around 240nm, how much do you think it can take? I asked Skoda, no response.. thanks!!

I've found these boxes are both DQ200 (5&6spd) and are supposedly rated for 200nm, from what i've seen this seems to point to the clutch they are paired with moreso than the box itself. The standard clutch is a 200+ one, and can be uprated to a 280+ or even one rated for over 300 (might have been 380+ cant remember off hand, sachs website is a bit rubbish for finding info.

I don't think the 1.2 will put out a whole lot more than 240nm torque even if you tried. Any dyno graph ive seen thats where torque peaks at, bigger turbos just alter the power curve, holding the torque to higher rpms resulting in more power. Maybe a tad more but not a whole lot.

edit: it is 380+ for their big boi clutch0F49DD9B-8BFA-4FE1-89E3-0F93441EB4D0.thumb.png.34d58a6d58fa8639875c1bc62c73fe18.png

Edited by FabiaGonzales
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

I've found these boxes are both DQ200 (5&6spd) and are supposedly rated for 200nm, from what i've seen this seems to point to the clutch they are paired with moreso than the box itself. The standard clutch is a 200+ one, and can be uprated to a 280+ or even one rated for over 300 (might have been 380+ cant remember off hand, sachs website is a bit rubbish for finding info.

I don't think the 1.2 will put out a whole lot more than 240nm torque even if you tried. Any dyno graph ive seen thats where torque peaks at, bigger turbos just alter the power curve, holding the torque to higher rpms resulting in more power. Maybe a tad more but not a whole lot.

edit: it is 380+ for their big boi clutch0F49DD9B-8BFA-4FE1-89E3-0F93441EB4D0.thumb.png.34d58a6d58fa8639875c1bc62c73fe18.png

thank you very mach for the info. I think it would be best to fit the higher rated clutch, before adding more power

16 minutes ago, krdza_vRS said:

thank you very mach for the info. I think it would be best to fit the higher rated clutch, before adding more power

The intermediate one would probably be more suitable than the paddle type 380+ one pictured above

On 29/05/2020 at 11:12, FabiaGonzales said:

DQ is the DSG MQ is the manual 

http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_237_d1.pdf

mines puts down 400ft lbs 530nm via that clutch and a wavetrac lsd

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

DQ is the DSG MQ is the manual 

http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_237_d1.pdf

mines puts down 400ft lbs 530nm via that clutch and a wavetrac lsd

Yep the manuals are both MQ200, rated 200nm, the DSG is DQ200 which is rated for 250nm.

The 02T box is surprisingly strong, i'm not sure what's happened to my clutch over the last 3-4 months though, i guess when i have the entire suspension out for a rebuild later this summer i'll get hold of one of those clutches.

What engine are you running to put out 530nm?! A 1.8T/2.0T? I wasn't aware that the 02T boxes actually fit onto them.

1 hour ago, FabiaGonzales said:

Yep the manuals are both MQ200, rated 200nm, the DSG is DQ200 which is rated for 250nm.

The 02T box is surprisingly strong, i'm not sure what's happened to my clutch over the last 3-4 months though, i guess when i have the entire suspension out for a rebuild later this summer i'll get hold of one of those clutches.

What engine are you running to put out 530nm?! A 1.8T/2.0T? I wasn't aware that the 02T boxes actually fit onto them.

Mk2 1.6 tdi