More changes to the sleeper..intake & rear

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve not received the exhaust tips yet but I’ve done the diffuser, tinted reflectors and black badging also 15mm eibach spacers which have honestly transformed the steering feel. The Superb feels like a big cruise ship without stabilisers, but after adding a bit of stance it feels much more solid and confident

I also chose some completely out-there red carbon DSG paddles, they feel amazing and work very well. I know they’re bright but I needed something colourful in there... 🙄

Added some photos 👍

2FE9F74A-2CFC-40C3-B773-CBFE2895F431.jpeg

B2A8CC60-AFE6-40E2-86A1-448030EFF1D4.jpeg

88E3AD7F-5C45-4AD5-B14A-ECF0DD62B02F.jpeg

8B92E745-FF8C-49BF-87D5-AC06038D205D.jpeg

54B33BC0-BE8E-454E-966A-7FFFD60274BF.jpeg

Edited by drewellis
  • Like 4

I see you've gone for the 2020 look on the front foglights 👍

You're tempting me to get black paddle shifters, and I do like the rear black badges and glossy diffuser. I want one but with a cutout for my towbar.

I've bought some black plasti dip to play with to do the badges and door handles and maybe some stripes somewhere.

Keep up the good work DE - it's always interesting to see owners play around with things to get the results they want.

• Thanks 1

On 12/06/2020 at 10:13, Bigeater said:

I see you've gone for the 2020 look on the front foglights 👍

You're tempting me to get black paddle shifters, and I do like the rear black badges and glossy diffuser. I want one but with a cutout for my towbar.

I've bought some black plasti dip to play with to do the badges and door handles and maybe some stripes somewhere.

Keep up the good work DE - it's always interesting to see owners play around with things to get the results they want.

Cheers, sounds good about the plastidip...would like to see the results!

The fog frames were from Superskoda, messy to fit (black glue) but once done they look pretty good I think. 

I’d like to find a rear Skoda badge to match the front one I have but not sure if they’re the same size/angle etc. 

I’ve got a load of black wrap so I’m thinking of finishing off with a “black pack” to cover all the remaining exterior chrome and possibly the door mouldings? Not sure what they’re called....those sticky out bits at the bottom of the doors 😂 if it looks crap I’ll peel it off again

Edited by drewellis
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roscio said:

I changed them both (bought from Superskoda), front and rear are different

Thanks for the confirmation, I did order the black rear badge but they cancelled as they were out of stock 😫

I really like the black & white front badge I have, might try some intricate wrapping to match them up

22 minutes ago, numskull said:

Not sure about the wrap on the doors, but the quality of your CCTV is amazing! 

😆

Yes it’s pretty clear isn’t it...this is the system I have if you’re interested:

https://m.reolink.com/gb/product/rlk8-410b4/

They do well at night too!

F0ECC72C-71F6-422C-B684-97C173860726.png

1 hour ago, Roscio said:

On your white Superb it matches perfect that black & white badge!

It’s actually moon white metallic to match the car (not that it matters, basic white would look good I guess) but Superskoda sell them in most paint codes 😊

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-original-Skoda-emblem-INT-version-FRONT

14 minutes ago, New2018 said:
On 12/06/2020 at 00:20, drewellis said:

B2A8CC60-AFE6-40E2-86A1-448030EFF1D4.jpeg

how did you manage to get the gloss finish in the rear bumper?

I bought it like that from Rieger, I think they do gloss black and matte (bare plastic).

They do 4 versions in each I think:

1) 220bhp version like mine with no visible tailpipes; sensor holes and new sensor  brackets included.

2) same as above but with tow bar hole precut

3) Same as 1) but 4x4 (visible tailpipes) version

4) Same as 2) but 4x4 (visible tailpipes) version

Edited by drewellis
  • Thanks 1

On 12/06/2020 at 18:53, freelunch said:

Ha! They look like they were supplied by the Devil, himself!  😀

Speaking of which would anyone think an emblem with a red background would look good on a white car... sort of a vampire/devil touch?

I'm also mulling putting another bit of lettering on my already chock full of lettering boot.  I have Skoda, Superb, and 4x4.  Was thinking of getting TDI and putting to the left of the 4x4.

20 hours ago, Bigeater said:

You need to look for the Urban Styling Pack 👍

Cheers! Hadn’t even heard of it until now 😂

On 16/06/2020 at 07:07, Rumbeard said:

Speaking of which would anyone think an emblem with a red background would look good on a white car... sort of a vampire/devil touch?

i went for black and white to match the rest but would like to see a white car with devilish details 👹 I reckon it’d look good

On 16/06/2020 at 07:09, Rumbeard said:

I'm also mulling putting another bit of lettering on my already chock full of lettering boot.  I have Skoda, Superb, and 4x4.  Was thinking of getting TDI and putting to the left of the 4x4.

I had Skoda on the left with the Revo plus badges underneath, and Superb on the right with TSI underneath. It looked a bit busy, and I think it’s classier to keep people guessing 😆

• 2 weeks later...

I finished this a couple weeks back so I’ll get a photo or 2 and confirm the parts soon for anyone interested. 
This whole mod (or whole car) may be available soon as per this thread.

This is the way cars should be modded - subtle and classy! OEM+

Did you get the rear Skoda and Superb badges from Superskoda? I have a Meteor grey Sportline with the black front badge and want to get rid of the chrome badges on the rear. I noticed they are now selling both the Skoda badge and now the Superb badge in black though I worry they are different finishes. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigman1976 said:

This is the way cars should be modded - subtle and classy! OEM+

Did you get the rear Skoda and Superb badges from Superskoda? I have a Meteor grey Sportline with the black front badge and want to get rid of the chrome badges on the rear. I noticed they are now selling both the Skoda badge and now the Superb badge in black though I worry they are different finishes. 

Thanks, I’m really happy with it. The badges are from Superskoda yes, the Skoda badge is slightly bigger but it doesn’t matter to me. Finish is identical. I would like to finish it with a rear Skoda emblem that matches my front one (moon white metallic and black) but I’m not sure if they are the same fitment/size. Superskoda don’t sell a rear one 😞

Also the tinted reflectors were from Superskoda.

Better photo attached

Also I have some better looking and legal number plates on the way, had these on ages but got stopped last week, had a friendly chat (not sarcasm) and said I’d sort them 👍

D6DD9EC6-91BC-4CC3-9568-D51BFF665788.jpeg