for thous who have question:

-> What Amundsen unit do I have? Mib1 or Mib2

for Mib1 units (2015 and older)

Skoda Amundsen
Seat Navi ?
VW Discover Media
Audi MMI Navigation ?

# ECE 2020/2021    6.2 GB
 VW portal:    #- #- #- http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/P94_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT_Q3.19.7z
  dead:        2020.07.0?
 VW portal:   http://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/P94_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT_Q3.19.7z
 VW portal:   http://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/P94_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT.7z

Files inside:    2019.12.19
Downloadable:    2020.05.20
Published:    2020.06.15

Škoda portal:   http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/STD1_P94_EU_202022.zip
Downloadable:    2020.05.18
Published:    2020.06.--

# Rest of World 2020        3.3 GB

VW portal:    #- #- #- http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/P57_N60S3MIBS2_ROW.7z
  dead:        2020.07.0?
 VW portal:   http://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/P57_N60S3MIBS2_ROW_NT.7z
 VW portal:   http://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/P57_N60S3MIBS2_ROW_NT_Q1.19.7z

Downloadable:    2019.11.07
Files inside:    2019.07.10
 Škoda portal:   http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/STD1_P57_MRM_2020.zip

# Rest of World 2020-2021    
 VW portal:    - -
 Škoda portal:    - -

on Škoda's portal yesterday were updated Amundsen Mib2 files,

but that are the same as VW portal got in last year November

-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/480367-amundsen-mib2-map-updates/

======= coverage =======
# EU
Albania *, Andorra, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina *, Bulgaria *, Denmark, Germany, Estonia *, Finland, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Kosovo *, Croatia, Latvia *, Liechtenstein, Lithuania *, Luxembourg , Malta, Macedonia (Former Yugoslav Republic) *, Moldova *, Monaco, Montenegro *, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania *, Russia(European part) *, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia *, Slovakia, Slovenia *, Spain, Czech Republic , Ukraine *, Hungary, Vatican City, United Kingdom, Belarus *, Cyprus *
* partially
mapupdate_europe_s1_16x9_960.jpg

# ROW
Argentina *, Australia, Bahrain, Botswana *, Brazil *, Brunei *, Chile *, Indonesia *, Israel, Jordan, Qatar, Kuwait, Lesotho *, Malaysia, Mexico *, Mozambique *, Namibia *, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines * , Reunion *, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Swaziland *, Thailand *, Turkey *, United Arab Emirates
* partially
mapupdate_world_s1_16x9_960.jpg

======= instruction =======

all what i know, files must be extracted to original SD card

Edited by MartiniB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

for Mib1 units (2015 and older)

Skoda Amundsen
Seat Navi ?
VW Discover Media
Audi MMI Navigation ?

# ECE 2020/2021    6.2 GB
 VW portal:   http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/P94_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT_Q3.19.7z
Files inside:    2019.12.19
Downloadable:    2020.05.20
Published:    2020.06.15
 Škoda portal:   http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/STD1_P94_EU_202022.zip
Downloadable:    2020.05.18
Published:    2020.06.--

I can confirm the link to the VW website works, the maps are now downloaded, decompressed and copied to a genuine 5E0 Skoda SD card which is happily being read by my MIB1 Amundsen.

• Like 1

• john999boy pinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

Has anyone found the 2021 MIB1 Amundsen map update?

I've been looking on the Skoda and VW websites but they're both still showing the 2020/21 update from June 2020.

I've found part numbers for the Audi equivalent 2021 update on a new SD card (8V0 060 866 N and 8V0 919 866 N) but so far only a dealer in Denmark lists it and my local Audi dealer says it's not yet in stock in either the UK or Germany.

16 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

the Audi equivalent 2021 update on a new SD card (8V0 060 866 N and 8V0 919 866 N) but so far only a dealer in Denmark

ask them for upload content of SD card on ~Google Drive~,
write, you already have original card with older maps

39 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

ask them for upload content of SD card on ~Google Drive~,
write, you already have original card with older maps

Nice thought but ...

1) the Audi SD cards are software write locked (so far no method I've found using Google will unlock them) - DIskpart says it has unlocked it but it hasn't :wall:

2) the dealers say they don't have access to the files on the Audi/VAG servers - which makes sense because Audi's pricing model is that you buy a new card every 6 months :swear:

• Sad 1

VW have changed the date of the MIB1 Amundsen update on their website, but it's still the same version 94 content from June 2020 - sneaky so-and-so's :swear:

The Skoda Portal is still showing the same old update from June 2020, but at least they haven't 'fudged' the date to make it look like a new update like VW have :thinking:

• 4 weeks later...

Looks to me like neither VW or Skoda are going to be offering any MIB1 Amundsen updates beyond the 2020/2021 version?

Is there some kind of undeclared 5 year (or thereabouts) limit on map updates? I don't plan to change my 2015 Octavia anytime soon, but to get up-to-date maps (or better CarPlay) I may be forced down the unofficial MIB1 to MIB2.5 upgrade route.

4 hours ago, Frdy85 said:

Finally there's an update for Chile, unfortunately is almost impossible to get an original sd card for my VskodaW headunit 😑

Check on eBay, I've got all of my genuine Skoda SD cards from there.

@Frdy85 - this thread is about an MIB1 Amundsen. From your post here, this is not what you have so the maps above will not work!

You need to figure out if you have an RNS-310 or RNS-315 style Amundsen.

For the RNS-310, I can't see any South American maps

- For the RNS-315, there appear to be V7 maps from 2016/2017, I can't see anything newer

Edited by langers2k
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Do I need original Skoda SD card for this maps, (I don't have it).
Does anybody know how to download Original SD card from net.
My device is Amundsan  MIB1 (Skoda Octavia MK3; production year 2013)
Device part number: 5E0035864A
Hardware: 041
Software: 0435
Software version: 13.41.19_H15.10.138_STDNav_EU

12 minutes ago, Ruzin said:

Do I need original Skoda SD card for this maps, (I don't have it).

My device is Amundsen  MIB1 (Skoda Octavia MK3; production year 2013)

Yes, both MIB1 and MIB2 Amundsen will only read maps off a genuine Skoda SD card - there are usually plenty on eBay (I've got mine off eBay).

It doesn't matter if you get the 5E0 prefix card or the 5L0 prefix card, the MIB1 Amundsen will work with both (I alternate between a 5E0 and a 5L0 card).

And the suffix doesn't matter because you can download the latest maps from the Skoda Update Portal by entering your VIN.

Currently there are 31 Skoda SD cards on the UK eBay...

6 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Yes, both MIB1 and MIB2 Amundsen will only read maps off a genuine Skoda SD card - there are usually plenty on eBay (I've got mine off eBay).

It doesn't matter if you get the 5E0 prefix card or the 5L0 prefix card, the MIB1 Amundsen will work with both (I alternate between a 5E0 and a 5L0 card).

And the suffix doesn't matter because you can download the latest maps from the Skoda Update Portal by entering your VIN.

I changed my original Bolero with Amundsen in the glove box (because of the rear view camera). Now, I have in MENU navigation as option, but I don't have an original SD card for navigation. 

First I would try to see is it possible to start navigation  with maps at all, because after that I have to install the antenna as well.
I can't download software from official Skoda site, because for my VIN  is related to replaced Bolero.

15 hours ago, Ruzin said:

I can't download software from official Skoda site, because for my VIN  is related to replaced Bolero.

Then go to the VW map update site https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/car/ , and select 'Golf until 2015' followed by 'Discover Media' then download the Europe maps - they are 100% identical to the Skoda maps (yes I have done a 100% byte for byte comparison).

4 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Then go to the VW map update site https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/car/ , and select 'Golf until 2015' followed by 'Discover Media' then download the Europe maps - they are 100% identical to the Skoda maps (yes I have done a 100% byte for byte comparison).

I tried, but it doesn't work. In first moment it start to load data, but I got the message very quickly on screen "navigation: function is not supported". Probably I have to have original Skoda SD CDA card. 

in case i own Columbus Mib2H, nothing of following have been tested,
just some info:
1. there are SD cards which's ID can be changed, don't ask details :)
2. there are modified firmwares where are accepted side SD cards

read with Google Translate
-> RNS 310

-> RNS 510

2 hours ago, Ruzin said:

I tried, but it doesn't work. In first moment it start to load data, but I got the message very quickly on screen "navigation: function is not supported". Probably I have to have original Skoda SD CDA card. 

I think it's already been mentioned that an Amundsen can ONLY read maps from a genuine Skoda SD card...

5 hours ago, MartiniB said:

in case i own Columbus Mib2H, nothing of following have been tested,
just some info:
1. there are SD cards which's ID can be changed, don't ask details :)
2. there are modified firmwares where are accepted side SD cards

read with Google Translate
-> RNS 310

-> RNS 510

This procedure is for Skoda MK2 not for Skoda MK3

30 minutes ago, Ruzin said:

This procedure is for Skoda MK2 not for Skoda MK3

The two links are for the MK2. However, the two methods mentioned, (changing card CID or hacked firmware) are both valid for the MK3.

How did you have component protection and the features enabled on your Amundsen? If it was a dealer, you might find satnav won't work as your cars VIN doesn't have entitlement for satnav...

Can you confirm if you're using a genuine Skoda/VW SD card?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, langers2k said:

The two links are for the MK2. However, the two methods mentioned, (changing card CID or hacked firmware) are both valid for the MK3.

How did you have component protection and the features enabled on your Amundsen? If it was a dealer, you might find satnav won't work as your cars VIN doesn't have entitlement for satnav...

Can you confirm if you're using a genuine Skoda/VW SD card?

I'm not sure that I catch the point

8 minutes ago, Ruzin said:

I'm not sure that I catch the point

You're having issues trying to get navigation working on a retrofitted Amundsen.

The way this works on a stock system is the headunit checks the SD card CID is valid. The CID is basically like a serial number that's programmed into the SD card which is designed to be one time programmable and unchangeable.

This means you have three choices to get nav working (as far as I'm aware), you can either:

- use a genuine Skoda/VW SD card

- use a non-genuine Skoda/VW card with the CID changed to match a genuine card (only works on very specific SD cards!)

- hack the headunit to accept all SD card CID's

I believe you're trying to use a non Skoda/VW SD card? This won't work unless you either change the CID or hack the headunit...

The second question is how did you get component protection removed?

If a dealer did it, there is a good chance navigation won't work as a dealer can only activate features listed against your VIN which won't include navigation. Obviously if this is a hacked headunit then this shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1