Superb iV

Hi,

yes managed to persuade a dealer to let me have their demo just before full lockdown. As I work with the emergency services I was classed as a critical  worker so could attend work if required (though most of the time has been at home) I tend to try to do most journeys on just electric as I have solar at home and a free charge point at work. Still not put any fuel in yet. Have used two markers worth on the gauge. Very happy so far  though there is a recall for the manual as it does not really apply to the vehicle, lots of things do not work as the manual says. Still waiting for the dealer to provide the new one 😞 If I had a gripe is that it can only charge at 3600W which does mean charge times are a tad slow. This will be sorted for me once I get my electricity tariff changed to give me a cheap overnight rate (waiting on a smart meter to be fitted) The tariff I want is Octopus Agile, if any one else wants to use one of their tariffs then please use this link as we will both get £50

http://share.octopus.energy/taupe-pug-130

If you want any other info just give me a shout 🙂 

Our neighbour has one. Very jealous!

The other day they had the A/C running to pre-cool the interior while they were still inside 😁😁😁

Love it...a high point is the switch from electric to engine (after about 30 miles from full charge) which is seamless. Electric performance is phenomenal. Neat tricks like being able to pre cool/heat the car inc. windscreen from inside the house. Entertainment system is complicated, especially setting upma user, and original manual is wrong in every respect about Columbus (e-sim) but thats being addressed. Third Superb...best yet. 

10 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

How do you guys feel about no space for a spare? One big thing that puts me off.

That would be a deal breaker for me. No spare = no sale. None of that gunk in a can stuff either.

A skinny space saver is the bare minimum for me. That said, I can't remember the last time I actually had a puncture which needed a wheel change out on the road away from the house. Slow punctures yes a few but I was always able to drive to a tyre place for a repair / replacement or top it up with air from a mini air compressor to get me home.    

• Thanks 1

@Brockysuperb

Have you tried it in "hybrid" mode where it uses the battery/engine as it feels? Very smooth you cannot notice the transition and it means the battery lasts many more miles.

It does look to favour the battery. It will be interesting when I eventually put some fuel in whet  Fuelly shows as the overall MPG  🙂

Still waiting for the new manual, may have to give the dealer a shout 😞

John

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

That would be a deal breaker for me. No spare = no sale. None of that gunk in a can stuff either.

A skinny space saver is the bare minimum for me. That said, I can't remember the last time I actually had a puncture which needed a wheel change out on the road away from the house. Slow punctures yes a few but I was always able to drive to a tyre place for a repair / replacement or top it up with air from a mini air compressor to get me home.    

I had to use my spare just before Xmas last year. 

The lack of them in new cars has prompted me to look up alternatives. Best I came across so far is a repair kit with plugs like garages use and a portable inflator. Coming from a technical background I think I could make do with that and then use breakdown or tube of gunge for when the repair won't work.

A little puzzled as to how you'll insert the plugs, surely the tyre would need removing from the hub to insert the plug, trying to insert from outside, surely it would just be pushed out when trying to inflate again?

Edited by wharferat

@wharferat you get a tool in the kit to push in from the outside. Then pull the tool out and leave the plug behind. Its apparently good enough for normal driving. Its at least good to get you home. Should be able to fit without taking the wheel off too. Just need to find space for a jack which I believe there is limited storage under the floor for cables.

• Like 1

Had tyres on a previous car plugged a couple of times by the RAC. No issues. 

spare does worry me as my sport line had loads of **** punctures but had specced a spare.  

+1 for a plug kit and compressor. I have always fixed my own punctures (for the last 15 years anyway!) and haven't had any issues. It can be difficult to get the nail/screw etc out but once you have a pliers or similar it's easily repairable.

Gave the dealer a shout today and they will "swap" the manual for me on the 20th (yes I have to go in 😞 ) 

I have attached some pics of the boot area showing the storage holes with the tyre bits in and an empty area behind the rear seat.

The charge cables have their own space just by the opening. (you could also get a few extra bits in there as well)

DSCF0930.JPG

DSCF0931.JPG

DSCF0932.JPG

DSCF0933.JPG

@shyVRS245

Yes I suspect they did as there is not any space for a battery in the engine area 🙂

@TbirdX

Not sure but I would spec the VC and traffic signs as with the new systems these two give you a far better experience 🙂

Also ensure you get the new manual.

Not sure where you live but if you sign up for PodPoint (no cost) you can get free charging at Tesco 🙂

John

• Thanks 1

I have the iV SEL.  I did not spec traffic Sign Recognition, and i was not pleased that despite Skoda Marketing  boasting about Predictive cruise control, on the skoda Superb IV,  they omitted to inform buyers that without the TSR option, (£90), you do not get the Predictive Cruise control.  I am not pleased, in my books this is MISSELLING!  To add insult to injury there is no way you can add the TRS function after taking delivery fo the car.

By the way has anyone worked out how to enter the post code into the Admunsen Satnav?

@GCN7

if you have the 2Q0 980 653 camera then I believe it can be enabled. There are some posts on the forum related to this.

Do you have VCDS do a scan and check module A5 if it as above then it may be possible.

You do need one of the newer cables to talk to the car. If you do not have VCDS then look for someone near you with it as a scan does not use up a licence.

However if you then want to change the coding for the traffic system this will need a licence so you may need someone with the unlimited licence cable.

John

Thank you for your post John, The car does have the A5 camera, and I have been posting on here to see if anyone can enable the TSR system.  So far i cant find anyone in the Uk who can do this as yet.  It may take a few months before someone figures this out.

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Did they move the battery to the boot to make room for the electric motor plus ancillaries?:hi:

What need is there for the 12v battery? Surely the engine can be started with power from the hybrid system. Or is it for starting the car in the event the big battery empties?

It's to basically run all the auxiliary 12v systems. And to operate the door looks and remote locking etc. Otherwise the DC to DC converter would need to continually run to provide power to these systems which would consume power in itself.

Even Tesla's have a 12v battery!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2