Skoda Superb AFS problem

Hi, i have this problem with AFS but there is no warning on dashboard or maxidot. My headlights are fixed but still moving when steering left or right. There is just no self adjusting i.e when going over 60 km/h they won’t go up or when going lower then 60 they wont spread( right beam going lower and right and left one going up ). I have scanned via vcds a while ago now and says fhere is afs error control module. Should I try disassemble my headlights and try to fix it with contact spray from wd40 or just replace afs unit?

Have you made sure your light switch is on auto rather than on. I believe AFS lights only work in that position. There is a you tube video about it, looked like a Skoda advert. 

I wonder if the AFL function has been disabled or was never enabled.

My car car from the factory with AFS II But it was never enabled.

I had to enable to full light assist (city mode etc).

If you have access to VCDS you may need to check how the lighting controller is coded.

Also when you start the car with the lights on do they do the proper startup procedure (down, out, in and back up again)?

Do they dance at the startup every time. But I cant get them to work because vcds says I am in some kind of travel mode. I dunno what is that and how you end that. They have been working until I one day connected my car to vcds, from that day on they dont work anymore.

Travel mode is normally an adaption channel in the AFs controller.

It's used when you travel to a country that uses the other side of the road so you don't cause glare to oncoming drivers.

It should be avaible in the maxidot but may vary on spec and configuation :)

1 minute ago, adoni546 said:

I cant configure it on maxidot only on vcds but it won’t apply 😞

Then post an autoscan....

Edited by langers2k

2 minutes ago, adoni546 said:

But still I have the same problem I described at first post here, should I unplug afs module slave under eeach headlight and try with contact spray?

Who knows!? You haven't told us what the error code is or posted an autoscan.

It could be a corrosion on the contacts but you shouldn't be using WD40 on them...

• Like 1

You still haven't said if the lights do the start up "dance" or not. If they do then there is nothing wrong with the headlights or motors.

You mentioning travel mode makes me strongly suspect the lights are in travel mode which adapts the lights for traffic on the other side and disables all AFS functions apart from cornering lights.

If you have Maxidot it should be an option under the settings.

This is not the same as coding the car for LHD / RHD. That's the hard coding of the car that tells it which headlights are fitted etc. This needs to match the cars origin (so if the car is LHD it needs to be coded for LHD).

I’ve mentioned that they do “dance” at the startup every time without any fail. I have located today afs slave modules but they are too hard to reach. But still they wont self adapt while driving over and below 60 km/h 😞

I think it is that travel mode. If I find someone with original vcds I will code it to do job as it should. Thanks to everyone. This topic can be locked.

I just find it odd you don't have travel mode in Maxidot. That's the whole point so that it can be quickly enabled and disabled as needed.

I dont know why I dont have travel mode. My car is from Finland imported in Bosnia and Herzegovina(ex.yugoslavia) 

Edited by adoni546

Travel mode will stop the left/right movement so if that's happening, travel mode is not enabled.

TBH, it just sounds like the OP doesn't understand how their headlights should work as nothing changes at 60km/h.

- City mode should work under 50 km/h, this means the drivers side headlight will lower slightly and point to the opposite curb.

- Motorway/highway mode activates somewhere around 120km/h and raises both headlights slightly.

- At all speeds the headlights will automatically level.

I have no idea what behaviour they are expecting based on their first post.

They really need to get an autoscan and possibly even a video showing whats happening compared to what they expect.

4 minutes ago, Phil-E said:

I just find it odd you don't have travel mode in Maxidot. That's the whole point so that it can be quickly enabled and disabled as needed.

Not all countries get travel mode as standard as many won't need/use it. The menu can be activated by the right coding :)

It's probably easier to code it show that it shows up in Maxidot and you can just change it from there. I'm not sure how to do that I'm afraid. But most likely under instruments.