Kodiaq 190 ps 2020 ECU Remap

Hi Guys, 

Can anyone confirm the ECU can be remapped on a 2020 Kodiaq, 190 ps Diesel?

I have been told by one company " ECU in your vehicle and it would seem that it is in fact a variation of ECU which has yet to be unlocked to enable remapping through the OBD port"

Is it possible to confirm this?

Thanks a lot

• Like 1

Sounds strange to me, why would a MY20 ECU be any different to that of a MY19 ECU in terms of access?

Have you spoken to a different company?

If the Kodiaq  ECU is the same as the Karoq one, it shouldn't be an issue.  It's a moment's work to undo the clip that holds the ECU in its carriage and slide it out.  

While I was having my Yeti remapped, I had my local Angel Tuning agent have a quick look at the ECU in my wife's late 2019 Karoq 190 TDI and he was pleasantly surprised how easy it is 

with there being no security bolts. 

Usually the ECU's are not locked, but on occasions the VW Group / Skoda have locked ECU's and for the latest WLTP / & RDE2 certification they might well have locked ECU's.

Tom Jones sang about it. 'It is not unusual'.

So the professionals that do new engine management / write maps and re-map vehicles will be the first that may find out as they get their hands on a vehicle to remap.

It took nearly 2 years before the 'well established companies like APR / REVO and others' could actually have a remap for the CTHE 1.4TSI / TFSI that could be done through the OBD, even though they were advertising that they could.

There were APR Dealerships even opening ECU's and not able to remap.

The CAVE engine before from 2009-2012 had different ECU's and of the 3 you had to open 2 of them to unlock & remap.

Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 07.47.17.jpg

Edited by Roottoot

13 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Sounds strange to me, why would a MY20 ECU be any different to that of a MY19 ECU in terms of access?

They're clamping down on emissions, same reason as to why you can't code start/stop to permanently be off now.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the responses,

The mapping software is by  Viezu Technologies. Viezu are an award winning (Queens award) remapping service. This award is presented by the Queen herself to businesses for their testament and accolades to their industry.

I guess they have not got the software sorted for this model.

• Haha 3

https://www.viezu.com

Their IT / Site is a bit crap.  I put in 4 vehicle registration numbers and not one was recognised.

I am pretty certain that The Queen was not researching having the Bentley, Range Rover and Philips Stock Car remapped and used them personally and thought lets give them an award. (He maybe used them for services to the heir to the crown....)

Someone will have told her that she was going to be giving them an award.

After all she made Iain Duncan-Smith a title and what a useless human being he is.

PS,

She asked Boris to form a government and sadly that never came with a 30 day return to as was in the small print.

Edited by Roottoot
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Roottoot said:

https://www.viezu.com

Their IT / Site is a bit crap.  I put in 4 vehicle registration numbers and not one was recognised.

I am pretty certain that The Queen was not researching having the Bentley, Range Rover and Philips Stock Car remapped and used them personally and thought lets give them an award. (He maybe used them for services to the heir to the crown....)

Someone will have told her that she was going to be giving them an award.

After all she made Iain Duncan-Smith a title and what a useless human being he is.

PS,

She asked Boris to form a government and sadly that never came with a 30 day return to as was in the small print.

Perhaps she planned to give the sword a quick right to left swing and Sir Ian would be relieved of his massive ego.💀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roottoot said:

I always like a cash deal, no receipt, no VAT.

The Queen is known not to carry cash, or go to the cash and carry.

She doesn't need to carry cash when she can pop into the garden (thousands of prime acres to chose from) pull out the shotgun or hunting rifle and dinner is taken out.......quite literally.🦌

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/07/2020 at 07:39, andmag said:

Hi Guys, 

Can anyone confirm the ECU can be remapped on a 2020 Kodiaq, 190 ps Diesel?

I have been told by one company " ECU in your vehicle and it would seem that it is in fact a variation of ECU which has yet to be unlocked to enable remapping through the OBD port"

Is it possible to confirm this?

Thanks a lot

I have been researching remaps for a 2019 190 TSI these last few weeks. APR (expensive) and Ecotune have software available now for the new ECU. Revo inform me they are currently working on this engine/ECU now and hope to have the software available in a month or so.

1 hour ago, Retrac said:

I have been researching remaps for a 2019 190 TSI these last few weeks. APR (expensive) and Ecotune have software available now for the new ECU. Revo inform me they are currently working on this engine/ECU now and hope to have the software available in a month or so.

Thanks for the information, I hope Revo help out us 180 TSI owners too. 😊

Go on their website. I think you may find they already have software for the 180. The delay is due to the GPF and new ECU on the 190

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Retrac said:

Go on their website. I think you may find they already have software for the 180. The delay is due to the GPF and new ECU on the 190

Are you talking about Revo?

Do you have a link?

Link to Revo is here but at the moment they are not listing the Kodiaq, however the 180 TSI is used in a lot of VAG models. 
https://www.onlyrevo.com

An alternative Is Ecotune

https://ecotune-scotland.co.uk/

both have agents across the UK