Rear wiper arm cap - where can I get it from?

1 minute ago, bigade1 said:

I don't think so, I need the bigger plastic cover AFAIK.

Maybe this one: 

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/3v5955435-rear-wiper-cover-skoda-29225.html

3 minutes ago, bigade1 said:

My apologies, i looked up the front wiper by mistake. The rear part no. is 1K8995435, Here's a link but it can be obtained cheaper elsewhere:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Skoda-Rear-Wiper-Arm-Nut-Cap-Cover-Superb-Yeti-Scirocco-1K8955435-New-/263678754602

Isn't this for the Skoda V2 model up to 2015?

• Like 1

Once again you're correct. I've looked your link up and I've found the matching part no. but it says it's for an estate. I don't know if it's the same for a saloon. Is yours an estate or saloon.

2 minutes ago, bigade1 said:

Once again you're correct. I've looked your link up and I've found the matching part no. but it says it's for an estate. I don't know if it's the same for a saloon. Is yours an estate or saloon.

It's a saloon 

I'm a bit confused. I've got one site stating that the part no. is 5K6955435 and it fits your car. But when I check this part no. in auction site listings it says it doesn't fit.

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/You-S-Replacement-Cover-Cap-for-Seat-Skoda-VW-Rear-Wiper-Cap-5K6955435-1-Piece/223978970092?hash=item34262fdbec:g:-3sAAOSwF3Bel2MI

Give this link a try. Don't use the built in vehicle compatibility chart - scroll down instead and see if your vehicle matches the seller's list towards the bottom of the listing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Cheap?

Did you check the price for a genuine part from TPS?

Most things like that I have always found to be far cheaper from TPS than the Ebay opportunists and will be with you the very next day.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Cheap?

Most things like that I have always found to be far cheaper from TPS than the Ebay opportunists and will be with you the very next day.

I thought TPS didnt sell to public anymore - My local one doesnt

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Cheap?

I live in Israel

New parts from dealer here are incredibly expensive

This was the cheapest option overall

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScoutCJB said:

I thought TPS didnt sell to public anymore - My local one doesnt

It seems that it depends on the branch - some TPS branches sell to the public but some don't, and just because a branch did last year doesn't mean it will this year.

They are all obliged to have the sign up explaining that due to planning restrictions they are not allowed (supposed to) sell to the public but that is true of all the other electrical wholesalers etc around them and probably Screwfix & Toolstation also, not sure how they get around it.

All I can tell you is in my experience they choose to be where they are for very good reason, - footfall, they are all on commission, you will see the whiteboard with daily sales figures against targets, they are hungry for and want business from wherever it comes, the exception being people who take up a lot of their time not being familiar with what they want, who want to buy carmats & a tartan travel rug etc.

the bulk of their business is done over the phone and thats the way they prefer it, the counter is usually full of taxi drivers who may have difficulty describing component parts in a second language just like me in France.

I phone them, tell them the parts & the parts numbers, they may say "the suffix is for black/chrome/grey finish is that correct?" or "do you want the bolts, gaskets etc to go with that?" I pay by credit card & they deliver within an hour or so or the next day for anything not in stock, given the volumes they shift they have a much better idea of what is fast moving than the main stealers parts counters & I am always amazed by what they do have in stock.

Example being looking for an oilleak on my neighbours Octavia and finding that the CV bolts had worked loose & graunched the gearbox case, I needed 6 new bolts and also the spreader plates that were either missing or bent, they had them in stock & they were with me within the hour.

Unlike me but I was taken by the Simply Clever tiny rubbish bag holder that clips onto the door pocket on the Octavia & is now fitted to my Yeti, saw them on E-bay for £16 or so plus delivery, Superskoda had them for an even sillier price, it was less than £10 from TPS, still a lot of money for an indulgence but all the small plastic parts I have bought from them have been a reasonable price.