Any Citigo-e IV user

antognio

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone - has anyone in the UK actually managed to charge the Citigo-e at 32A Single phase? I have the 32A cable and the charging has been set at 32A by the dealer when checked on an OBDeleven. Still nothing greater than 3.8kW charging and the dealership has gone very, very quiet.  

I don't know of anyone. There has been a thread on the Speakev.com forum, but although a SEAT Mii owner has reported success, Citigo iV owners have yet to get this sorted by Skoda. My vehicle is currently at the dealership for a fix. If they cannot do it there they have said it will be transported to Skoda at Milton Keynes to resolve.

https://www.speakev.com/threads/skoda-citigoe-iv.147669/page-12

Same here. Updated software at dealer. New 32A cable. Max charge still 16A I told the Skoda head office man they will need to recall them all and change the charging gear fitted to the car. 

I am awaiting a call from Skoda UK to take the car in to their unit at Milton Keynes - they do acknowledge that it is a problem, but seem unable to find anyone who knows how to sort it. I have even shared the OBD11 video by Tedo Nash with them. 

Our first (unprompted) call from Skoda UK was in October!

What a load of Bull **** on taking cars to Milton Keynes to the technical department and the VW Group Engineers.

They have their own vehicles to do actual work on where ever they wish to. 

They can send out VW Technicians to Dealerships with all the gear and more of an idea. 

It appears that the CITIGOe iV was never intended for volume production - it's just a 'compliance' model with sufficient numbers built to meet emission regulations. No wonder then that Skoda take so little interest in rectifying this problem.

• Like 1

As I understand it, demand for eUP! cars in Europe has limited production of the Citgo e iV - they were sold out to the end of this year by last Autumn. 

Skoda UK are clearly not up to speed on EVs generally so far. They need to be, and fast if they are going support Enyaq owners etc, with the software issues on that platform.

Skoda or VW Group can make up any story about why they big upped the Citigo iV for so long and then knew very well they would only import 400 to the UK.

They had to get something turned out eventually.

They imported new Octavia to the UK with faulty software just to be able to have the average C02 figures required with cars first registered.

VW did the same with ID.3's.

The UK is taken that seriously that they have only left hand drive Enyaq Media cars in the UK.

• 4 weeks later...

My Citigo e iv SEL had to be recovered to Skoda today.

A red EV ! Warning light came on and a notice to stop the car.

I had driven 10 miles and popped into a shop - it would not start the drive motor on my return.

Skoda assist attended in a polite timely manner and the problem seemed to be an inbalance in the battery cells. 3 or 4 seemed to be empty and the control

module had shut it down.

interesting times ahead - can imagine this could be a hard one to repair due to lack of experience in dealerships.

Scanning the internet i noticed a Skoda recall 93J5 - Citigo e iv built in May 20 may have bad battery cells which could cause a fire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update ….. 3 weeks in - the dealer has informed me that the battery will need to be removed to replace the electronic controller.

They will need to locate or even purchase the VAG special tooling / lifting equipment to remove but service manager was quite positive about the procedure but can imagine I wont see the car for another 3 weeks.

Quids in the Service manager is not a trained or qualified VW  technician or even a Mechanical Engineer.   But as long as the dealership has one that trained and is qualified to work on EV,s what is the worst that can happen?   There are trained and qualified Techs in the VW Group network in the UK, or independents that can subby the work.   

Edited by e-Roottoot

They have a trained technician but not the experience ….. as EV’s be become more popular dealerships will have to change their skill set …. They are positive so will sort out the problem.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

1st July … car still in Skoda Cambridge, nobody calls back … Skoda UK useless … no courtesy car - the car broke down 17th May.

Wish I had got another Nissan Leaf now

20 minutes ago, bumpymike said:

1st July … car still in Skoda Cambridge, nobody calls back … Skoda UK useless … no courtesy car - the car broke down 17th May.

Wish I had got another Nissan Leaf now

Seek advice from Trading Standards in writing. CC. in Skoda UK and the Dealer Principle of the dealership.

If you contact them in writing they are legally obliged to respond!

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/07/2021 at 12:37, Pagan-Image said:

Seek advice from Trading Standards in writing. CC. in Skoda UK and the Dealer Principle of the dealership.

If you contact them in writing they are legally obliged to respond!

20th July.

Car still with Skoda now over 2 months and no work started.

Had first communication from repairing dealer who has had car for a month - they expect special tools to arrive and work will commence week 26/7/21.

I was given a courtesy car last week - very poor communication from Skoda UK retail but Skoda finance have been very professional.

This has not been a great motoring experience and I should of remembered the Skoda jokes from the 70/80’s as theres no smoke without fire.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As we don't seem to be getting anywhere I sent this email to Rod McLeod, who is the MD for Skoda UK:

Dear Mr. McLeod,

I am writing to you concerning a manufacturing defect with the CITIGOe iV electric vehicle. I initially raised this problem with Customer Services in October 2020 (ref: SD2384576X), but they have been unable to correct the fault.

The car as supplied is supposed to be capable of charging at 7.2 kW/h from a domestic home wall box charger (240V single phase). Despite sharing a common platform with the SEAT MII and VW e-UP, which can charge at 7.2kW/h, it can only achieve 3.6 kW/h.

The fault is present on all SE and SEL models and a number of owners have made contact through the Speak EV forum to share their experience (Skoda Citigoe IV).

Customer Services are requiring owners to contact the dealership to carry out the same tests over an over again, so I have put together a video which demonstrates the fault:

In view of the length of time this has taken I am appealing to you directly to resolve this matter.

Here is his reply:

Dear Mr P,

Thank you for your e-mail to Rod McLeod regarding your recent experience.

Rod has read your e-mail and has asked me to ensure that his Customer Resolutions Team manage your concerns on his behalf. We are sorry to hear about your concerns and I would like to assure you that at ŠKODA UK, we take our customer experience seriously. I have therefore asked the Customer Resolution Team to treat this as a priority and they will be in touch with you shortly with a view to assisting you.

In the meantime please let me know if there is anything further I can assist you with.

Kind regards,

PA to Rod McLeod, Director of ŠKODA

ŠKODA UK, Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, MK14 5AN

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RichardLP said:

As we don't seem to be getting anywhere I sent this email to Rod McLeod, who is the MD for Skoda UK:

Dear Mr. McLeod,

I am writing to you concerning a manufacturing defect with the CITIGOe iV electric vehicle. I initially raised this problem with Customer Services in October 2020 (ref: SD2384576X), but they have been unable to correct the fault.

The car as supplied is supposed to be capable of charging at 7.2 kW/h from a domestic home wall box charger (240V single phase). Despite sharing a common platform with the SEAT MII and VW e-UP, which can charge at 7.2kW/h, it can only achieve 3.6 kW/h.

The fault is present on all SE and SEL models and a number of owners have made contact through the Speak EV forum to share their experience (Skoda Citigoe IV).

Customer Services are requiring owners to contact the dealership to carry out the same tests over an over again, so I have put together a video which demonstrates the fault:

In view of the length of time this has taken I am appealing to you directly to resolve this matter.

Here is his reply:

Dear Mr P,

Thank you for your e-mail to Rod McLeod regarding your recent experience.

Rod has read your e-mail and has asked me to ensure that his Customer Resolutions Team manage your concerns on his behalf. We are sorry to hear about your concerns and I would like to assure you that at ŠKODA UK, we take our customer experience seriously. I have therefore asked the Customer Resolution Team to treat this as a priority and they will be in touch with you shortly with a view to assisting you.

In the meantime please let me know if there is anything further I can assist you with.

Kind regards,

PA to Rod McLeod, Director of ŠKODA

ŠKODA UK, Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, MK14 5AN

Thanks very much for that - please let us know if you get any joy. Ours is exactly one year old today with no resolution.

So is Kate Laws now on the case?   

Like Rod McLeod & the new Head of Car Sales Kevin Rendell they have the requirements VW UK expect of them. 

They get where they are after decades working with VW Group in After Sales Care, Customer Support Services Development, Warranties etc.

They can talk the talk about how well Skoda are doing and who they are expending the range.

3-monkeys-620x2401-620x240.jpg.0597dcccb1b603ee629f930dd02f3a1f.jpg.24a37f9163e0ba1cfd6b6fd298e8e592.jpg

Edited by e-Roottoot