Any Citigo-e IV user

antognio

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Antognio,

I have had mine for almost 1 month and have covered 400 miles, so it's very much early days. Overall I really like it and particularly appreciate 1-pedal driving. I use the 'B' setting all the time.

There are some niggles - I don't find the lane warnings useful on minor roads (quite the reverse) so I have to remember to turn it off each trip. The rear view mirror presents quite a visual obstruction and there is no proper rest for my left foot. This is a strange omission as every other automatic I have driven has catered for this.

However, at less than £0.03/mile I'm not complaining!

• 1 month later...

We have had ours for 10 days and very pleased so far. The slow charging on UK single phase wallbox points is being addressed - expecting a software update in the next 2 weeks or so.

So far we are getting over 5 miles/8km/kWhr, but that is being cautious with a new car!

• 3 months later...

Happy New Year, also got a Citigo-e and still no joy with 32A charging even with the new cable any ideas? Also how do I stop the radio coming on with the Asian Network and the Air Con defaulting to 22 degrees?

I wish I had a better idea than just keep bugging the dealer and Skoda UK to sort out the slow charging speed. It has been back twice to no avail, and the dealer is stumped. I have had numerous conversations with Skoda UK, which I intend to restart next week. Great car otherwise.

Several owners have contacted Skoda to try and resolve the charging issue without success.

I've noticed my radio sometimes starts with Absolute Radio, but I use the SDL National multiplex a lot.

There are some hacks for changing the default A/C setting, but I won't be tempted while it's still under warranty.

Hi all,

ive had my Citigo I V now for 6months now and covered 2000 miles with no issues apart from slow charging from my OHME wall box......been in touch with customer services about this issue but have not heard back from them yet....I’ve noticed in this cold weather my range indicated with a full charger is showing just 120 miles now ...I take it this is because of temperatures is below  2c over night.  Has anybody else noticed this drop in range?

Hello fellow CITOGOe drivers. I've been driving EVs since 2011 but am only about two months into my ownership of my CITIGOe. Great car, but I have the same issue with the home charging being limited to 3.6kW (16A). On other forums I have read that the car comes fitted with two 3.6kW on-board charges so that it can take advantage of 3-phase European domestic setups (by charging off two phases simultaneously. The alleged software would mean that it could be reconfigured to run these two chargers off of one UK phase to achieve 7kW charging in the UK. Mine is going in to a nearby Skoda dealer (Telfords in Carlisle) soon to see if it has the latest software, as I've been having issues rapid charging at certain models of Instavolt charger.

Anybody else had issues with Instavolt rapid chargers? 

As regards the range, we're all going to see big reductions during the winter and this is to be expected. First there's the effect the cold has on the effective battery capacity, then there's the extra drag associated with cold/wet roads. But probably the biggest factor in the range drop is the use of the car's heating. Unlike some more expensive EVs, the CITIGOe does not have a heat pump so it's doing simple resistive 'space heating' and that gobbles battery capacity (and range). The Eco mode will help, as will making use of heated seats if you have the winter pack. Another way to extend range is to pre-warm the car using the app while it is still plugged in, as that will use your mains electricity and avoid the traction battery having to do the heavy lifting of getting the car from zero to warm.

Edited by ColinD

As the Instavolt (and other brands) rapid charge points are DC, I think that is separate matter from the AC problem. Given our use of the car we will probably only access a rapid charger maybe once in a normal year (2022??), as we have another car for long distances.

My dealer is still trying to get an answer from Skoda UK - who on here has had success with a Skoda dealer sorting out the AC charge rate? I may need to name them!

Hi all,

ive had my Citigo I V now for 6months now and covered 2000 miles with no issues apart from slow charging from my OHME wall box......been in touch with customer services about this issue but have not heard back from them yet....I’ve noticed in this cold weather my range indicated with a full charger is showing just 120 miles now ...I take it this is because of temperatures is below  2c over night.  Has anybody else noticed this drop in range?

ive not had any reply yet from Skoda customer service regarding the charging issue......The main dealer I brought the car from seems pretty useless ....the salesman who sold me the car told me that it requires a yearly service.  But according to My Skoda app the next service inspection is in 560 days or 16,466 miles. When I pointed this out he didn’t know anything about this.   Can anyone advise me if the car should be serviced yearly if I’m only covering about 6000 miles per annum or should I adhere to the My Skoda App schedule.....    When I contacted the dealers workshop in December about this they couldn’t advise as they weren’t sure themselves   In fact  although I took delivery of the car in July and had my personalised reg transferred over to the Citigo the workshop in December still had the Karoq that I traded in in July as the car on their database !!!

Skoda

Hello Benny,

I paid for 2 years servicing up front and subsequently received the following email from my Skoda Dealer (Carrs, Cornwall)

I hope you are well and enjoying you new electric CITIGO?

I hopefully have some good news for you.

We have received confirmation from SKODA that they only need to be serviced every 2 years or 20000 miles.

This means the brochure is incorrect, showing the price of £312 for 2 years worth of servicing, which you have paid.

The correct price is £240, this means we owe you a refund of £72.

• Like 1

I would be asking very seriously WTF they are doing for £240 a service? This is a car that requires no filter changes, no oil changes and very little else in terms of servicing. Reduced service costs are meant to be one of the attractions of EVs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckypants said:

I would be asking very seriously WTF they are doing for £240 a service? This is a car that requires no filter changes, no oil changes and very little else in terms of servicing. Reduced service costs are meant to be one of the attractions of EVs.

Good point. What are they doing for there dosh? Be interested to find out.

Ask them.  £240 does seem a rip off.

Is it the Pollen / Cabin filter being replaced, and will they do the Brake Fluid change at 24 months. Or will that be at the next service and a more expensive one?

There is the inspection service to be done, checking the electrics.

?

Will they rotate the tyres at the time of a service and include that in the price?

I put money on the Service Interval being reduced down to the same as some other EV's and that is a first service at 8,000 miles or 12,000 miles.

The Up!, Mii Citigo Electric cars are not the same as the e-Up from 2014 or e-Golfs, and things like the Service Intervals can be reviewed if Owners have issues.

VW say 18,000 miles / 24 months for the first Service then each 18,000 miles or 12 months.   (Maybe Brake fluid change at 3 years / 36,000 miles with them.)

Kia.

http://kia.com/eu/about-kia/experience-kia/technology/electrification/how-much-maintenance-do-electric-cars-need

Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 18.04.32.png

Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 18.05.24.png

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

Good information. According to the above, they have a look at the cables and check they are ok and routed correctly. Thats it. So the ev side is maintenance free in essence.

So, for your hard earnt £240, you get a basic mini MOT style check worth £30, £10 of pollen filter and a litre of DOT4 break fluid that costs £10. No oil filter and oil to get from stores, change and the dispose of correctly. It's hard to see how they are making any profit there!

On the plus side, and most un-VAG like, the battery has an 8yr/100,000 mile warranty, which is very decent.

https://www.drivingelectric.com/reviews/1776/skoda-citigo-e-iv-vs-volkswagen-e-running-costs-and-warranty

The Big Battery Pack has that 8 year / 100,000 mile warranty.

I doubt the standard car battery has the same cover.

The Zoe is something like £100 for the 3 year service plan but £400 to have the 4th year.

No idea about cost of the e-Corsa Service but it was supposed to be 20,000 miles / 12 months and that changed to 8,000 miles / 12 months for 1st year.

Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 18.25.46.png

Edited by e-Roottoot

I purchased a Citigo IV SE base model in December and of course have the same 3.6KW limit even though I definitely have a 7.2KW cable. Is this problem just limited to the base SE model?  There is a video on youtube showing a software upgrade on the new e-Up to solve the 7.2KW problem  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mDaPudgsa0

If this is real, then surely it can be done on the Citigo? Skoda are supposed to be getting back to me as well on this subject. Just wonder if we all got together and looked into legal action on this then maybe Skoda would sort it sooner. The brochure for the car promised 7.2KW charging so if it really is not possible then perhaps compensation of maybe £3000 per car is reasonable

I think most of us on this and other forums are aware of the DIY software fix for the charging, and the video from Tedo Nash (he has a whole suite of mods he has done - the latest is trying to increase battery capacity by adding cells in the spare wheel well!) - which affects all versions.

Skoda UK contacted me not long after I had the car to arrange the software fix at a main dealer, they know of the problem, but still not done some 3 months later, in spite of the dealer's attempts. I hope to speak to him and Skoda UK again tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

By way of an update, after 2 attempts by my nearest dealer to sort the charging rate, I have had further discussions with Skoda UK who agreed to arrange for me to take the car to another dealer (slightly further away in Milton Keynes) who has done the work successfully on others.

Skoda UK, when you finally get to talk to someone familiar with the iV, understand the problem.
🤞

• Like 1