Less interest Detailing nowadays?...

mandp

5 minutes ago, UndertheRadar said:

For £200 it’s probably a single stage polish and a wax.

This is what ive found for a just less than £200 as it's a larger car etc. https://bedfordvaletinganddetailing.com/valeting/prices/#tab-fa39bcc6e4e58c6ccc3 I don't know if that's a good start or not to be honest.

19 minutes ago, PaulCanning said:

This is what ive found for a just less than £200 as it's a larger car etc. https://bedfordvaletinganddetailing.com/valeting/prices/#tab-fa39bcc6e4e58c6ccc3 I don't know if that's a good start or not to be honest.

It seems ok but I don’t know them. Check on the detailing world forum and see who’s near you that others recommend, might be a good start. 
plenty of brilliant information there as well. 
the Nanolex wax they’re using is just that. A wax, which could last anything from 3-12 months depending on your level of maintenance during washing. 
So it’s fine, but gives you a window in which you need to be able to protect the car yourself before it’s removed completely and the paint goes flat. 
you could use something like Britemax spray and shine. It’s really simple to use and won’t give any hassle applying or removing from paintwork. It will then protect the wax underneath for longer if you use it every few weeks. 
Or Turtle wax seal and shine is a great and reasonably priced newer product that can go on over the wax, but will last longer once applied. 
once you get the hang of it you can use one of the SI02 based spray products that will last longer again, but are harder to apply as they can leave product on the panel that’s harder to remove and can mark paint doing so. 
Then when you really get into it and start buying polishers and pads and dryers etc, everyone will think that’s what your doing, when really your just hiding in the garage. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, UndertheRadar said:

Maybe it went to junk?

I very rarely sign in anyway. I just lurk and look at the pictures. 😄

Not in the junk mail, first place i looked :-(

I've already got a new karcher and one of them snow lances on the way!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

• Like 1

Still nothing and it says registration on the forums disabled? Been about 3 days now and Ive used the contact us at the bottom to email the forum but nothing, not a thing. 

Not sure I want to bother with it anymore frankly as its just getting annoying now :-/

Just leave it and read through the forum. I very rarely sign in and generally just use it to read through others opinions on new products I haven’t used yet. 
interesting one unfolding at the minute on how shockingly poor the new Zymol graphene spray is, compared to the claims being made by the manufacturer. 

I’ve been using Krystal Kleen panel prep recently to wipe down the panel before applying any protection. Seems to work well at a reasonable cost. 303 will be releasing a graphene spray in the U.K. soon that looks like a good all round product. Although bang for buck has to go to TW seal and shine. Auto smart also do some great microfibre polishing cloths in a large 36 cloth multi bag. Ive used many types of clay over the years but keep going back to one I found on the bay of evil. I’m useless at links so I’ll add a pic from my watch items. 
enjoy your new hobby/addiction. 

EDE5DFF6-1330-4D92-9D02-F08CF39617F6.png

Claying is really easy and the paint work feels really smooth - people describe it as like glass, but actually it feels much smoother than most glass. The amount of contamination you remove is a bit of a shock if you think your car is clean. Just order some ebay clay, you know you want to. For clay lube I use Demon Shine - its just a quick detail spray, but a 5 ltr bottle is £15 so very good value. 

• Thanks 1

If anyone's interested I just put together an external maintenance wash starter kit using a combination of Pan the Organiser videos. It came to roughly £150.

I spent a few days tracking down best prices, etc and ended up going for:

Clean Your Car

Car Pro Reset shampoo

P&S wheel and tire cleaner

2 x external cleaning brushes (one for badges, one for wheels)

Car Parts 4 Less

2 buckets

2 grit guards

Sealant wax

Tire dressing

Amazon

Edgeless microfibre cloths

Wheel brush

Tire dressing applicator

Chenille microfibre wash mitts

Pump sprayer (for foaming wheels)

Microfibre drying towel

Glass cleaner

• Like 1

On 27/10/2020 at 18:50, UndertheRadar said:

I’ve been using Krystal Kleen panel prep recently to wipe down the panel before applying any protection. Seems to work well at a reasonable cost. 303 will be releasing a graphene spray in the U.K. soon that looks like a good all round product. Although bang for buck has to go to TW seal and shine. Auto smart also do some great microfibre polishing cloths in a large 36 cloth multi bag. Ive used many types of clay over the years but keep going back to one I found on the bay of evil. I’m useless at links so I’ll add a pic from my watch items. 
enjoy your new hobby/addiction. 

EDE5DFF6-1330-4D92-9D02-F08CF39617F6.png

Can't find a listing on ebay with that picture, can you copy and paste the specific listings title? Or the current cost then I should be able to find it?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dyrnog said:

Quite a good you tube channel about car detailing,  gives negative as well as positive FB on the products tested. Fine some only praise the products they are being paid to review/advertise?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_4lRohBzY20wjsFGWS0Jzg

Have to agree.

Really informative reviews of products and processes.

Watched the channel for ages now.

First time detailer, so I’m a real noob. 

Yesterday  I started at 8.15, and finished 6 hours later. I was absolutely knackered after it, my back was killing me as well. 🤣

I removed about 75% of the swirl marks using a Von Haus DA polisher.

washed two bucket method

clay

Devils Blood for iron contamination removal (Jesus that stuff stinks!)

wash

dry

Negs tyre dressing gel

forgot glass cleaner so I used EGP on the outside glass. 

brought inside and masked off the car

sprayed the foam pads with Meguiars quick detailer before using Megs compound. 

Applied a coat of Autoglym EGP and left to cure for twenty minutes before buffing off. 

all in all not bad for my first attempt although I would appreciate any tips from the more experienced or pro detailers here, cheers!

left and right are before and after pics, badly taken pics with my phone 🙄

brought outside to take a few pics of my hard work. It’s looking better now than when I picked it up from the dealership over four months ago. 

995881E9-4055-45D2-90F8-9F1BC3A7DAF1.jpeg

E53CD057-52DB-40AF-91F0-25179B1341C9.jpeg

6B2572D6-4575-496F-A823-F4AEA451FB42.jpeg

A5BD1E47-DBB1-4872-B297-C2F79179CCFE.jpeg

8FDD4C6E-5B64-42BB-B281-335D52BCA569.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 22/11/2020 at 19:36, MICKSVRS said:

First time detailer, so I’m a real noob. 

Yesterday  I started at 8.15, and finished 6 hours later. I was absolutely knackered after it, my back was killing me as well. 🤣

I removed about 75% of the swirl marks using a Von Haus DA polisher.

washed two bucket method

clay

Devils Blood for iron contamination removal (Jesus that stuff stinks!)

wash

dry

Negs tyre dressing gel

forgot glass cleaner so I used EGP on the outside glass. 

brought inside and masked off the car

sprayed the foam pads with Meguiars quick detailer before using Megs compound. 

Applied a coat of Autoglym EGP and left to cure for twenty minutes before buffing off. 

all in all not bad for my first attempt although I would appreciate any tips from the more experienced or pro detailers here, cheers!

left and right are before and after pics, badly taken pics with my phone 🙄

brought outside to take a few pics of my hard work. It’s looking better now than when I picked it up from the dealership over four months ago. 

995881E9-4055-45D2-90F8-9F1BC3A7DAF1.jpeg

E53CD057-52DB-40AF-91F0-25179B1341C9.jpeg

6B2572D6-4575-496F-A823-F4AEA451FB42.jpeg

A5BD1E47-DBB1-4872-B297-C2F79179CCFE.jpeg

8FDD4C6E-5B64-42BB-B281-335D52BCA569.jpeg

Car looks fantastic and you've done a good job getting the swirls out of the gloss sides. Those wheels look great too!

• Like 1

There definitely seems to be a slump in posts, here, but is that symptomatic of the forum as a whole?

I've returned after a few years away and it seems really quiet across the board.

The car care section used to be a good laugh, especially with @ChrisRs about. I spoke to him briefly about a year ago and he was well and enjoying retirement. I'll miss my trips to his gaff to get my cars all shiny!