Hatchback wont open

My hatch is refusing to open , i can hear the motor when i press the button so presume electrics are ok , crawled into boot to try and access a manual release but cant find any removable access panels , any ideas anyone

Most common issue in most cars if motor trying is either the latch is stuck or if the motor operates a rod to the latch, it can pop out of the plastic clip. Try thumping the cover near the latch from inside while someone operates the button from outside, in the hope the latch just needs some help. 

There appear to be no openings of any kind apart from 2 plastic screw covers in the lower section , i have pulled these out and poked around but there is nothing there apart from the screw heads deeply recessed .

I used to sometimes get this on my old Vectra and every time it was because the boot catch seemed half unlocked so I pushed down on the boot to re-engage it and then tried again and it always worked.  This probably won't work for you as it's a totally different brand of car but thought I'd mention it just incase it helped. 

Edited by DB72
Sentence clarified.

I drilled a hole roughly where its shown on undertheradars car but cant see a release lever , took it down to a local garage they also checked it out and couldnt find a release so its booked in for them to sort , they did warn that they may have to wreck the trim to get at it , great design Skoda !!!! .

My car is a 2015 Superb SE Business  , you may want to check your own car and make provision before it happens to you .

Here is some feedback , car went into garage and they did have to make a hole in the trim to access the fastenings , there is no manual release system fitted .

Top and bottom mechanisms were removed placed in a vice and levered apart , the problem was due to the connection between motor and lock mechanism being broken , motor was working but not moving anything .

Fortunately parts not expensive the job cost me £143 but thats without the cost of a new rear trim panel , i am guessing that will be in 3 figures .

Very much Mickey Mouse design from Skoda , how to make a simple job into a difficult and expensive one , definately not impressed .

Not the first time I’ve come across this issue. Rear doors have the same problem when the latch fails, and getting the door card off in one piece to replace latch is a disaster. I would always try to drill where a grommet can be placed to cover the trim where possible. I’m sure you’d fine a trim piece in a scrap yard or on eBay if needed.