The disgusting fabia

Bashbarnard

So essentially I needed a family car. My Mk6 fiesta is no longer cutting it with the kids and realistically although reasonably fast and has been a great car. I'm starting to restore this one with my own tweeks so in a few months it can be on the road for much mile munching and a few track days. 

The fabia had mot and advertised as "suspension" faults. I asked for some pictures and realised why it was so cheap. Turns out it was owned by a horse loving individual. Interior was trashed. Anyway. Apparently it's got a pd150 unit on it. Was mapped with a pd130 turbo to 173hp with Dyno sheet. A front mount intercooler that the pipework leaves stuff to be desired. Anyway. I looked it round, got a list. To long to write down. But relatively cheap. But I refuse to work on a dirty car. I ****ing hate it. So I pulled he interior out. Got three loads of the hoover **** out of it. I'm binning off the interior and the carpets coming out to be jet washed. Basically all needs cleaning. I'm able to map these myself as well. The hardcut on it will be removed. It also suffers from hot start issues. So I'll look into that also. Anyway. Pictures speak 1000 words  

Yes I hate the wheels. 

The sun strip has been removed. 

The number plate is in the wrong place. 

The list goes on.

Anyhow. I could keep going but such is life. It'll get done as always. 

20200816_192144.jpg

20200818_192707.jpg

20200818_184702.jpg

• Like 2

So picked up a new set of seats today. Pulled the carpet out the car and jet washed it. I'll start on the big list the car needs once it's clean. Got a bargain on the seats. £25 with a new boot carpet and another gear lever as this one's been cut down in an attempt at a quick shift I think. 

20200823_133229.jpg

20200823_134902.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Volf said:

Looks like a cracking start to a project. Good going so far.

Will get there eventually. I'm in no hurry to get it done. It needs to all be correct before the road.

6 hours ago, WolfyWesty said:

Christ almighty that's one minging interior. 

Looking forward to seeing how it pans out! 

Yeah a horrible interior for sure. My other car now stinks as it's in there ready to be disposed of tomorrow. 

I sincerely hope you got it for a bargain price, anyone that abuses a vehicle like that deserves to take a big hit.

11 hours ago, J.R. said:

I sincerely hope you got it for a bargain price, anyone that abuses a vehicle like that deserves to take a big hit.

I got it for a reasonable price. I wouldn't say bargain. Reason I purchased was the fact it was a few "shiney" bits on that make it desirable. Mechanically it's got a few things wrong but I reckon £1500 all in and it'll be done. That's including things like, cambelt and water pump, full service, turbo, some suspension poly bushing, intercooler work (already has a cooler), handbrake cable, discs and pads, radio and a few other minor things. Priced all up with quality parts. Not cheap rubbish. 

For £1500 I don't think I could've found a better one as it would've needed work to get to my standard I consider safe and done. I always buy broken cars then fix them up this way as long term it takes a little longer to start with but I'm 100 percent happy with what I bought then. I'd hate to spend money on a "decent" one for 2k and find issues. Which me being me I would inevitably find. My current car was bought sight unseen and I fixed that up as well. Same as the one before that. Perks of being a mechanic. Been doing it 15 years now 😂

11 hours ago, J.R. said:

I got it for a reasonable price. I wouldn't say bargain. Reason I purchased was the fact it was a few "shiney" bits on that make it desirable. Mechanically it's got a few things wrong but I reckon £1500 all in and it'll be done. That's including things like, cambelt and water pump, full service, turbo, some suspension poly bushing, intercooler work (already has a cooler), handbrake cable, discs and pads, radio and a few other minor things. Priced all up with quality parts. Not cheap rubbish. 

For £1500 I don't think I could've found a better one as it would've needed work to get to my standard I consider safe and done. I always buy broken cars then fix them up this way as long term it takes a little longer to start with but I'm 100 percent happy with what I bought then. I'd hate to spend money on a "decent" one for 2k and find issues. Which me being me I would inevitably find. My current car was bought sight unseen and I fixed that up as well. Same as the one before that. Perks of being a mechanic. Been doing it 15 years now 😂

For anyone that's interested. This is my current ride untill the fabia is done. I've got two kids in the car a lot, hence buying a 5 door now. Been a cracking little car for almost 2 years. It'll most likely be sold once I'm happy with the fabia and it's been on the road a while. 

Mk6 zetec s tdci 

Gtd1244vz turbo

110 injectors 

3 bar map sensor 

Paddle clutch (wish I had organic) 

St170 front brakes 

St150 rear end with brakes

A few other subtle mods. 

20200826_095412.jpg

• Like 2

is the Fiesta a 1.6tdci?

My Partner has a mazda 2 with the same engine, doubt i will ever mod it but curious how well they mod? how much power do you get from them?

Good luck with the fabia!

They're very good to mod. 200bhp is easily achievable with a decent turbo. Mines. 151hp and 330nms of torque. It wipes the floor of the Mk6 sts which is what I was aiming for in the build. A reliable daily built with OEM parts. The only non genuine item I used was the clutch. Used a CG centre plate 4 unsprung paddle. Turbos off a Mondeo. Bolts on just need to clock it. Genuinely a great little car. Maintains 55 to the gallon all day as well. I do a lot of milage so everything has to be immaculately cared for. I don't want a failure I could've prevented. 

• Like 1

So got a couple.of jobs done today. Pulled the gear selector assembly apart. Took to pieces and inserted a new stick part of the gear stick to allow another inch that hasn't been cut down and to also tighten up how loose the gears were due to slip in the linkage. 

20200904_095606.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently I'm only allowed to upload limited photos here. So text it is. Bought a standard front bumper for £20. Also got new bottom arms. Console Bush's, ball joints and drop links. All to go on. Still need some springs and top mounts. But there you go. Can't have it all at once. I've been speaking to my friend who wraps cars. I've decided on a green similar to the MK2 vrs fabias and a black roof. With black wheels of some description. I hope it will stand out but also look close to OEM. It's what I'm going for. OEM plus if you will. 

• Like 2

I get the odd bit of straw getting into the car and maybe the drivers seat being dirty but how the hell did the rest of the seats get like that? Did they get the horses to back into the car to wipe their ar5es?

13 hours ago, J.R. said:

I get the odd bit of straw getting into the car and maybe the drivers seat being dirty but how the hell did the rest of the seats get like that? Did they get the horses to back into the car to wipe their ar5es?

Oh it was awful. I'm sure they used it to actually empty out the stables into. 😂