Adding a wireless charger

Thanks @MiniNinjaRob for suggestions. Dealers here are not very knowledgeable so it's easier to get the correct part number and just ask them to order it. I would like to get this part to play a bit with it with wrapping. I hate the piano black color on the center console. It gets scratched so easily. 😞  

2 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I hate the piano black color on the center console

+1
I also think it's a real fail in automotive industry; plenty of brands using it nowadays. It's a great fingerprint magnet, it shows every-single spec of dust - it's horrible when seen in full sunshine...
I've already planned to apply some foil whenever the car will be delivered. I'll try to find some transparent-matte foil (didn't bother to look for it yet); it can be removed later-on if needed, and the plastic behind will be unharmed. 

• Like 1

It does take some effort to keep the piano black looking good, don’t leave objects on there and don’t just wipe with a cloth when cleaning, best to use some sort of suction with a soft brush then plenty of MPC on a cloth afterwards. 
I am not a fan of it, a nice Matt carbon look or alcantara like fabric would be better. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got one of the eBay wireless chargers mentioned here.

does the job, gets a little warm, but not too bad even after an hours driving.

mine could do with 5mm more on the cable, other than that all good.

could do with MagSafe or something on the next iteration. 👍

• Thanks 1

I got one of these from Amazon to hold an official magsafe charger onto a vent in my Tiguan. Once I sorted out how to tighten it in place, it has been brilliant. Holds the phone in place without issue.

• 1 month later...
On 25/03/2022 at 19:27, fox2319 said:

I got one of these from Amazon to hold an official magsafe charger onto a vent in my Tiguan. Once I sorted out how to tighten it in place, it has been brilliant. Holds the phone in place without issue.

Does it bend the vent fin? Having this issue in my mk2 Oct that most options are too heavy for the vent once the phone is mounted. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/07/2022 at 12:58, RussPitcher said:

If it helps anyone I created a 3d-printed wireless charger holder for my 2021 TSI IV front tray and iPhone.  I made two versions, one for an eono charger and one for an Apple MagSafe charger. Works a treat and a damned sight cheaper than the original option.  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5180289

Can you make one that fits the IKEA charger? Its cheap and does the job but it plays around 2 much :D https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/livboj-wireless-charger-white-70465246/

1 hour ago, Felix2021 said:

If i'm not mistaken, Ikea ones are 5W only. It will not feed your phone when using AA for example. It will just slow down discharging.

It is 5W yes. I couldnt find any info on how much are the Mk4 ports outputing in terms of Amps

Even on cable samsung never went to fast charging (which requires PD)

My anker at home has PD and Fast charging works. Same applies for my anker external battery(as long as u use samsung cables or expensive anker cables)