Build Week 40

KaroqHenry

I went from a Yeti to a BMW last time round. It definitely took me a while to get my head around all the overlapping systems.  

We use carplay on my wife's Fabia and it's brilliant. I'm not convinced the inbuilt apps add much to that.  Not sure that carplay runs inside virtual cockpit tho.

As long as can plug my home address into it on Weds everything else can wait till I have time for a proper play.

My first (2009) Yeti had the sat nav upgrade. Apparently before that it'd only take the first 4 letters of a post code. Totally useless. It was all a lot simpler back then!

Hi,

I have got a MY2021, it was build in week 38.

In the list of options I ordered, there was "Personalization" and therefor I got 3 keys, nice. BUT it seems that (according) to Skoda here in Denmark, that they have removed the "infotainment personalization" menu ?

Can anyone confirm that ?

If so I dont see the point in 3 keys if you cant pair them with different profiles.

If you look from 1.min , you can see the menu I dont have.

Thanks

Nice indeed Alex,

You have almost done more miles already in your 1.5 SEL than I have in mine after a week and a half. You have done well to get Skoda Connect up so quickly although it was the first bit that I managed. I have also got the infotainment pretty well sorted now although it was only yesterday that I managed to delete an unwanted destination from the favourites list.

If you haven't done already you might find it useful to download the manual on your phone as it contains a lot more stuff on the infotainment. I was surprised that the navigation on its default settings did not display the speed limit for the current road or other info. Mine does now but I had to enable them - i now have a gentle speed limit exceed warning too.

The problem that I'm left with is how to power my dash cam neatly, I had it running off the USB in my Yeti, but getting a cable neatly to the USBs in the Karoq isn't so easy. Also I'm going to see if I can work something out with my dealer to swap my almost full size spare with its kit to the space saver spare so I can recover the 10 cm depth it has taken up in the boot!

Rod

@Ex_Yeti - good advice I'll do that now.

Having said I've sorted Connect, I'm missing something. The app talks to the car. I can send destinations from the app to the nav.  What I don't have is an actual 'connect' icon in my menu. There is a spare space after 'legal'.  I assume it should be in there? I wanted to use the weather app on a shortcut (found those accidently!). I've been through lots of threads but will try the phone manuals now. 

No idea on dash cams sorry!

" although it was only yesterday that I managed to delete an unwanted destination from the favourites list."

Yeah, that's not very intuitive is it! Kind of swipe left like deleting an email.  The fact sometimes you have to use the touchscreen and sometimes you can use the dial is a bit pony as well :)

14 hours ago, Ex_Yeti said:

Nice indeed Alex,

You have almost done more miles already in your 1.5 SEL than I have in mine after a week and a half. You have done well to get Skoda Connect up so quickly although it was the first bit that I managed. I have also got the infotainment pretty well sorted now although it was only yesterday that I managed to delete an unwanted destination from the favourites list.

If you haven't done already you might find it useful to download the manual on your phone as it contains a lot more stuff on the infotainment. I was surprised that the navigation on its default settings did not display the speed limit for the current road or other info. Mine does now but I had to enable them - i now have a gentle speed limit exceed warning too.

The problem that I'm left with is how to power my dash cam neatly, I had it running off the USB in my Yeti, but getting a cable neatly to the USBs in the Karoq isn't so easy. Also I'm going to see if I can work something out with my dealer to swap my almost full size spare with its kit to the space saver spare so I can recover the 10 cm depth it has taken up in the boot!

Rod

Plug it into the USB C socket that located on the rear view mirror mounting.

8 minutes ago, KaroqHenry said:

Plug it into the USB C socket that located on the rear view mirror mounting.

Only provided if you thought ahead and selected it from the option list in the UK!

You are both correct sadly, although I had a short wait for my car it was a dealer stock order (thus qualifying for the finance offer for "stock" vehicles up to end of Sept.), also the USB C on the rear view mirror wasn't listed as an option on the 16th June brochure, it was only added with other MY21 changes when the brochure was re issued 15th Sept. My car was in transit by then.

It's a really useful option and should be standard.

I updated my factory order in July (to add the Area View cameras) but didn't bother with the extra USB-C as the price seemed excessive and I'm not planning to add a dashcam. I hope I don't regret that decision in years to come!

On 08/10/2020 at 11:29, Ex_Yeti said:

You are both correct sadly, although I had a short wait for my car it was a dealer stock order (thus qualifying for the finance offer for "stock" vehicles up to end of Sept.), also the USB C on the rear view mirror wasn't listed as an option on the 16th June brochure, it was only added with other MY21 changes when the brochure was re issued 15th Sept. My car was in transit by then.

It's a really useful option and should be standard.

It was in the brochure long before September 15th. It was in it back in August when I ordered my car, and was even when I started to research for my new car back in early summer / late spring.

I don't know how often Skoda revise brochures but I started looking with the 15th June one (attached) and it doesn't mention the USB by the mirror, I guess there were further issues in August but I didn't download any more until my car was due and I had heard about other MY21 changes. Anyway I have spoken to my dealer and they are going to hardwire my dashcam for a very reasonable charge.

SKODA_KAROQ_Brochure_15SEP2020.890a806771a40d95647a69f6d698799f.pdf

Hey,

Due to tax changes in Ireland (from 2021) i will be getting Karoq which was already build rather than getting build with spec what i requested :(

Do you know if in MY21 build people are getting 2.0 Diesel or still 1.6?

Thanks

D

I'm not the best person to respond as my Karoq is petrol but from what I have read the 1.6 diesels are only available from dealer stock so I would imagine you will get a 2.0 litre with the same power.

On 19/10/2020 at 16:13, nooo said:

Hey,

Due to tax changes in Ireland (from 2021) i will be getting Karoq which was already build rather than getting build with spec what i requested :(

Do you know if in MY21 build people are getting 2.0 Diesel or still 1.6?

Thanks

D

Hello,

I'm from Belgium and I ordered my Karoq the 30/09.

There is a line in the offer saying that the car will come with the 2.0 TDI 115 instead of the 1.6.

I read also they will drop completely the 1.6 so it should be worldwide or at least Europe.

Seems a shame as I was lent a 1.6tdi whilst my new car had its battery replaced as it wouldn't take any charge after being allowed to go flat in storage.

A little underpowered, but very economical, up near or into 60's mpg on display whereas my 190ps tdi is struggling to see more than 40mpg on the display, and no doubt even less if I measure the fuel used and calculate exacltly.

Honnestly I have an Octavia combi 2016 with the 1.6TDI and my consomption is around 6-6.5L/100Km

With the tank of 40L i'm doing 650km in normal conditions (Highway+ normal roads + a bit of city)

100% Highway I can reach 850-900Km with the same tank.

I hope the 2.0TDI will be more economical and the Karoq has a bigger tank also.