Check engine light question

This afternoon while driving my 2011 Fabia VRS the check engine light came on, nothing appeared amiss with the running of the car so I carefully drove it back home.

Once home I plugged in my OBD reader to check for fault codes, this was what it read, can anyone tell me what it means and how it can be fixed ?

94A73598-CD8F-48DA-B16D-026509D49EA9.jpeg

13 hours ago, Fitzwilliam said:

Had the post cat oxygen sensor replaced yesterday, cleared the fault code unfortunately the check engine light is still coming on and showing the same fault code, I'm gutted 😞 

Don't take it so hard, it's just a car and you can still use it, reliability will not be affected.

Unfortunately tracing an electrical fault will be more expensive because the labour will be longer, you could try an independent auto electrician, they're usually much better than garage mechanics at finding and fixing these issues.

19 hours ago, Fitzwilliam said:

Had the post cat oxygen sensor replaced yesterday, cleared the fault code unfortunately the check engine light is still coming on and showing the same fault code, I'm gutted 😞 

Rear oxygen sensor, Downstream - second lambda sensor

Plugged in my OBD reader this morning and cleared the fault code, have done about 30 miles today in 4 separate journeys, check engine light has remained off all day, so whatever the problem was it appears to have corrected itself.

Edited by Fitzwilliam

14 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

That IS the post-cat lambda probe chap, do try and keep up.

I've replaced sensors in the past and it turns out it was corroded wiring not the sensors. Any 'exposed' wires I can see under bonnet I have used black electrical tape to protect. I've got a vented bonnet which lets water in ( not ideal for wires)

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Fitzwilliam said:

As suggested I enlisted an auto electrician and he found the fault was in the wiring, now sorted.

Did you keep the first sensor as a spare as I assume the original one didn't need replacing? Glad it's working sometimes it's something so simple

1 hour ago, Kobayashi said:

Did you keep the first sensor as a spare as I assume the original one didn't need replacing? Glad it's working sometimes it's something so simple

I dare say if he pops back to the garage that did the work they'll be able to rifle through the box of knackered spark plugs and lambda probes and give it back if he asks nicely :D

Like many I had oil problem (in past), this what happens to spark plug, luckily engine not turned into toast. Always seemed to be cylinder 3...so after that started to number them, These VRS MK2 some are 10 years old now, for anyone new to owning 2nd / 3rd hand, it's still worth getting them checked at least every service, even if low miles

Edited by Kobayashi
Edit