Skoda Octavia VRS MK2 FL 2.0 TSI CCZA - How many miles has your VRS done?

Skoda Octavia VRS MK2 FL 2.0 TSI CCZA - How many miles has your VRS done?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles has your VRS done?

• 0-25000 miles
    • 25000-50000 miles
    • 50000-75000
    • 75000-100000
    • 100000-125000
    • 125000-150000
    • 150000 plus
  2. 2. Have you had any of the common issues that the CCZA engine potentially has?

• Timing chain tensioner
    • PVC Valve
    • intake manifold
    • Diverter Valve
    • Carbon build up
    • Water pump
    • Fuel Injectors
    • None of the above

Morning
Just passed its MOT a few days ago, 2010 vRS 2.0 Petrol Estate.
Had timing chain tensioner changed at 61'000 miles in 2016, also had the inlet manifold done at same time as the fault had been showing on and off for over a year
(Luckily it got through MOT whilst it was clear)
That was an expensive visit, as i had 4 new tyres, brakes all around, timing tensioner and inlet manifold all done at same time.

Currently 103'000 miles on the clock, runs smoothly, likes a little drink of oil but has done since day one, owned from new.

Its still a great looking car, even alongside its brand new, larger German rival estates, it doesnt look dated, and you wouldn't know it is 10 years old.
Other than the supermarket scars.... 

Will be chuffed if I can get another 5 years or so out of it, I love it! 
;)

I'm currently at circa 150,000 miles however the engine has been replaced at 48,000 due to the chaincam tensioner failing. 

It's had a K04 Turbo Conversion running at 350bhp with a stage 3 map. 

Most common issue I've found was the coilpack failing otherwise its been great. 

Planning on getting a walnut blasting service along with a injector clean next. 

23 hours ago, sdwilliams72 said:

Morning
Just passed its MOT a few days ago, 2010 vRS 2.0 Petrol Estate.
Had timing chain tensioner changed at 61'000 miles in 2016, also had the inlet manifold done at same time as the fault had been showing on and off for over a year
(Luckily it got through MOT whilst it was clear)
That was an expensive visit, as i had 4 new tyres, brakes all around, timing tensioner and inlet manifold all done at same time.

Currently 103'000 miles on the clock, runs smoothly, likes a little drink of oil but has done since day one, owned from new.

Its still a great looking car, even alongside its brand new, larger German rival estates, it doesnt look dated, and you wouldn't know it is 10 years old.
Other than the supermarket scars.... 

Will be chuffed if I can get another 5 years or so out of it, I love it! 
;)

Thanks for such a detailed reply, I really appreciate it! Great information 👍🏻😀

7 hours ago, Awesam said:

I'm currently at circa 150,000 miles however the engine has been replaced at 48,000 due to the chaincam tensioner failing. 

It's had a K04 Turbo Conversion running at 350bhp with a stage 3 map. 

Most common issue I've found was the coilpack failing otherwise its been great. 

Planning on getting a walnut blasting service along with a injector clean next. 

Thank you! Very nice, What company did the stage 3? Did you have to upgrade many parts to support 350bhp? I bet it’s like a rocket 😍😀

Can't pick multiple second options, so I just picked the biggest one.

I still have a cold misfire on 1 cylinder only which is either down to carbon coking or the intake manifold I think. Possibly the injector, but with a slightly heavier foot I don't notice it as the AFR is probably Good enough for combustion at that point. 

120k miles on the clock. 

Do I regret buying it? Every day. Should've saved for a mk3!

Its was done by Shark Performance in Mansfield however they are unfortunately no longer in business - as far as I'm aware Ben and the team are working for Racing Line now.

check out this site as for parts needed: http://r-techperformance.co.uk/axx-bwa-tfsi-k04-turbo-conversion/

I've had to spend about £3-£4k last year as the clutch had started slipping so got that replaced along with SMF, the B8 shocks started to leak so I replaced them with B8 Comforts from Germany, got some Eibach anti-rolls bar along the TT front bushes and a few other bits.

I've just recently upgraded to R8 coilpacks and changed the NGK BR7 sparkplugs.

yes its quick and surprisingly economical overall.  However I'm in a dilemma to either go for a hybrid turbo or sell it.

46 minutes ago, Awesam said:

Its was done by Shark Performance in Mansfield however they are unfortunately no longer in business - as far as I'm aware Ben and the team are working for Racing Line now.

check out this site as for parts needed: http://r-techperformance.co.uk/axx-bwa-tfsi-k04-turbo-conversion/

I've had to spend about £3-£4k last year as the clutch had started slipping so got that replaced along with SMF, the B8 shocks started to leak so I replaced them with B8 Comforts from Germany, got some Eibach anti-rolls bar along the TT front bushes and a few other bits.

I've just recently upgraded to R8 coilpacks and changed the NGK BR7 sparkplugs.

yes its quick and surprisingly economical overall.  However I'm in a dilemma to either go for a hybrid turbo or sell it.

Thank you for the information, glad it’s running happy with almost double than standard power 😂😃

52 minutes ago, bspman said:

Can't pick multiple second options, so I just picked the biggest one.

I still have a cold misfire on 1 cylinder only which is either down to carbon coking or the intake manifold I think. Possibly the injector, but with a slightly heavier foot I don't notice it as the AFR is probably Good enough for combustion at that point. 

120k miles on the clock. 

Do I regret buying it? Every day. Should've saved for a mk3!

Thank you, would you say you drive enthusiastically or rather just normal? Do you run premium fuel or standard?

89k on mine late 2009 hatchback, Bought in March completely standard for a relatively low price and so far in my ownership its had...

Maintenance/Issues

Timing chain + all associated bits (cold start noises became apparent)

PCV Valve (changed for piece of mind)

New shocks and springs all round (one front was leaking, figured the rest wouldn't be far behind)

Front wishbones (Anti lift kit)

R8 Coil packs (Had a very minor miss fire)

Rear camber bolts and arms (it was all seized up nice and solid)

Liked a good old drink of oil! (Moved to 5w40 Millers CFS after a good engine flush and let it stretch its legs... Now consumes very very little)

Indicator stalk went crazy

Mods wise

Lowered 20mm

VWR intake

APR stage 1

Mk3 MFSW

Android head unit

To do

Get rid of the Chinese ditch finder tyres that are on there!

Sort a flaky sill and some minor paint issues (its red)

Bigger brakes

Go stage 3

I'll be quite honest in that having come from a nicely sorted mk1 that was sadly written off i did struggle to gel with it at first until i did well over 1k miles around Scotland. The engine is an absolute gem and returns very good economy for what it is! The ride is smooth and comfortable and its incredibly practical! If i was to go back in time i'd look for an enthusiast owned vehicle rather than prioritising a low miler, mine looks to have only been jogged around from what i can gather and has remained in the town it was bought in new, this probably left me sorting some things that hadn't had time to go wrong yet!

Thanks for the detailed reply! Sounds like a good starting point and great future plans.

it seems these ccza don’t mind being remapped and seem to be fairly easy to tune with little supporting mods. 😀

27 minutes ago, Rileysport said:

89k on mine late 2009 hatchback, Bought in March completely standard for a relatively low price and so far in my ownership its had...

Maintenance/Issues

Timing chain + all associated bits (cold start noises became apparent)

PCV Valve (changed for piece of mind)

New shocks and springs all round (one front was leaking, figured the rest wouldn't be far behind)

Front wishbones (Anti lift kit)

R8 Coil packs (Had a very minor miss fire)

Rear camber bolts and arms (it was all seized up nice and solid)

Liked a good old drink of oil! (Moved to 5w40 Millers CFS after a good engine flush and let it stretch its legs... Now consumes very very little)

Indicator stalk went crazy

Mods wise

Lowered 20mm

VWR intake

APR stage 1

Mk3 MFSW

Android head unit

To do

Get rid of the Chinese ditch finder tyres that are on there!

Sort a flaky sill and some minor paint issues (its red)

Bigger brakes

Go stage 3

I'll be quite honest in that having come from a nicely sorted mk1 that was sadly written off i did struggle to gel with it at first until i did well over 1k miles around Scotland. The engine is an absolute gem and returns very good economy for what it is! The ride is smooth and comfortable and its incredibly practical! If i was to go back in time i'd look for an enthusiast owned vehicle rather than prioritising a low miler, mine looks to have only been jogged around from what i can gather and has remained in the town it was bought in new, this probably left me sorting some things that hadn't had time to go wrong yet!

Thanks for the detailed reply! Sounds like a good starting point and great future plans.

it seems these ccza don’t mind being remapped and seem to be fairly easy to tune with little supporting mods. 😀

21 hours ago, Skodaaaaaaaaa said:

Thank you, would you say you drive enthusiastically or rather just normal? Do you run premium fuel or standard?

A mixture of driving styles as I live in london (sometimes stop/start traffic, sometimes reasonably well flowing). I rarely get a chance to exercise the car's potential due to city limits, but do attempt the occasional redline.
Misfire is less apparent with a heavy foot and goes away completely once at operating temp. I do have the "Red" coils as well and adjusting gap helped a lot.

Fuel wise - I used to use tesco momentum 99 but the misfire was more pronounced.  Shell V-Power is my normal fuel of choice as I get less of a misfire with that.

5 hours ago, bspman said:

A mixture of driving styles as I live in london (sometimes stop/start traffic, sometimes reasonably well flowing). I rarely get a chance to exercise the car's potential due to city limits, but do attempt the occasional redline.
Misfire is less apparent with a heavy foot and goes away completely once at operating temp. I do have the "Red" coils as well and adjusting gap helped a lot.

Fuel wise - I used to use tesco momentum 99 but the misfire was more pronounced.  Shell V-Power is my normal fuel of choice as I get less of a misfire with that.

Interesting, thank you! 😀

Touching wood whilst I reply. I have a 2011 vRS. Almost 70k miles. I've had it for 4.5 years and last 36k miles.

Did have the tensioner chains and guides changed, the day after purchasing as I was well aware of the problems. 

I have done all other maintenance and servicing.  She has been reliable. I have replaced the PCV a year or so back due to a lot of oil building up around the turbo intake.

Use 5W40 VW502.00, oil usually Mobil super 3000x1 or Shell helix ultra.  Very little oil use over 7k-8k miles 12mth intervals. Sometimes I do not top up between otherwise. 0.5L.

Fuel consumption for me not amazing. Mixed driving some short duration trips for shopping drops for children as well as longer trips on weekends. Lifetime average is 30mpg mixed. And I rarely drive heavy footed. Only occasionally stretch the legs a little for a short stint.

Edited by TheClient

1 hour ago, TheClient said:

Touching wood whilst I reply. I have a 2011 vRS. Almost 70k miles. I've had it for 4.5 years and last 36k miles.

Did have the tensioner chains and guides changed, the day after purchasing as I was well aware of the problems. 

I have done all other maintenance and servicing.  She has been reliable. I have replaced the PCV a year or so back due to a lot of oil building up around the turbo intake.

Use 5W40 VW502.00, oil usually Mobil super 3000x1 or Shell helix ultra.  Very little oil use over 7k-8k miles 12mth intervals. Sometimes I do not top up between otherwise. 0.5L.

Fuel consumption for me not amazing. Mixed driving some short duration trips for shopping drops for children as well as longer trips on weekends. Lifetime average is 30mpg mixed. And I rarely drive heavy footed. Only occasionally stretch the legs a little for a short stint.

Thank you 😀

1 minute ago, Skodaaaaaaaaa said:

Thank you, how unfortunate! Are you enthusiastic with your right foot? 😂

Ha ha, not really anymore, drive it like miss daisy now, just managed 42MPG on a 250 mile trip back from Devon :-)

To be fair to the car, other than general servicing it hasn't really asked for much..

2 minutes ago, brown_d9 said:

Ha ha, not really anymore, drive it like miss daisy now, just managed 42MPG on a 250 mile trip back from Devon :-)

To be fair to the car, other than general servicing it hasn't really asked for much..

It’s been refreshing to see people praising the ccza as it has had a hard time over the years! Every engine has its faults 😀