Radio station logos

Macdemon

I picked up my Kamiq this morning and am happy, however I feel that since I've gone down from a Karoq Edition, it feels like a slight letdown in terms of equipment.

I feel that the SE L is the model down from the Edition, with the Monte Carlo being the trim level of Edition, but not even that feels like a premium 'top of the range' car, am I being too picky??

I have stored four radio stations now, Gold Radio, Heart 70s, Heart 80s and LBC but the Amundsen does not display the appropriate station logos.   There is a library of logos stored, but the ones I want are not displayed and I cannot see a way of 'importing them' from a USB stick like I did with the Karoq.

Has anyone actually accomplished this task?

On a more positive note, the seats and driving position is MUCH better than it was in the Karoq, maybe I never found the right position for me in the old car but it's no longer mine so I cannot test this theory.

Drive back home from Azur Skoda in Chichester was VERY smooth and pleasant until some **** in a white van cut right infront of my at the Portfield Roundabout GRRRRRR.  

Will have another play in the Kamiq tomorrow morning weather pending.  :) 

Photos to follow too

20 hours ago, Macdemon said:

I picked up my Kamiq this morning and am happy, however I feel that since I've gone down from a Karoq Edition, it feels like a slight letdown in terms of equipment.

I feel that the SE L is the model down from the Edition, with the Monte Carlo being the trim level of Edition, but not even that feels like a premium 'top of the range' car, am I being too picky??

I have stored four radio stations now, Gold Radio, Heart 70s, Heart 80s and LBC but the Amundsen does not display the appropriate station logos.   There is a library of logos stored, but the ones I want are not displayed and I cannot see a way of 'importing them' from a USB stick like I did with the Karoq.

Has anyone actually accomplished this task?

On a more positive note, the seats and driving position is MUCH better than it was in the Karoq, maybe I never found the right position for me in the old car but it's no longer mine so I cannot test this theory.

Drive back home from Azur Skoda in Chichester was VERY smooth and pleasant until some **** in a white van cut right infront of my at the Portfield Roundabout GRRRRRR.  

Will have another play in the Kamiq tomorrow morning weather pending.  :) 

Photos to follow too

Try Skoda update portal for logos put them on memory stick put in usbc. I tried none for the stations you have I have the same I deleted mine from my Karoq a could not get them back. Was looking at the Kamiq monti Carlo there missing that the sel has like no climate control just the se version 

Not sure if this helps but I currently have a Seat Ibiza until my Karoq is delivered.  I believe that a lot of the VAG entertainemtn systems are pretty similar.  I just googled the Logos and saved them to a USB stick then imported them into the system.  Hopefully you can do the same thing on the Karoq.

On 03/10/2020 at 15:59, skoda1982 said:

Try Skoda update portal for logos put them on memory stick put in usbc. I tried none for the stations you have I have the same I deleted mine from my Karoq a could not get them back. Was looking at the Kamiq monti Carlo there missing that the sel has like no climate control just the se version 

very easy to get the station logos, go on line save the logo onto a memory stick - plug it in to the car (you'll need a USB to USBC convertor) and the menu function for the station should allow you to add the correct logo.

Bear in mind that you can only use a memory stick operating on FAT32

Called the dealer this afternoon where I purchased the car, and he's unsure as well but will continue to make enquiries.

I have called Skoda UK and she was unable to help, asking me to press and hold the radio 'frequency and import the logos, but the infotainment system does not display a frequency.  She suggested I I go to a Skoda retailer to look into the issue but I can see me turning up at my nearest dealer only to be told 'go back to the dealer you purchased the car from'. 

The logos are on a memory stick formatted to FAT32 and I can view the images on my infotainment screen but there is not an option to import them into the appropriate radio station, I have even tried BOTH USB-C slots on the car thinking there may be the option in USB 1 and not USB 2 but it makes no difference whatsoever.

Does anyone else have any suggestions, or has had success maybe??

The saga continues..........................

Talk about stupidity.   :angry:

This problem is now starting to annoy me. 

@Macdemon I think the current software installed in our systems does not import of logos from the usb stick, only from the radio system.

I have accessed the usb stick successfully as a media device also you describe. The fat32 is basic format accessible by most readers.

The only alternative is to wait for a software upgrade by the manufacturer.

By the way my software version is 0464.
What's your s/w version ?

Annoyed as well...:angry:

1 minute ago, zoharin said:

I think we have different H/W versions look at the next screen should show version numbers... But new page should show the software version

184622055_Systeminformation.thumb.jpg.81578689ab1132c805b22e942e1d4270.jpg

Thank you, how do I get to the screen you're showing me?

There didn't appear to be a second page on my system, and I think I have the Amundsman unit.

Sorry, my bad your version is in the image... 0156, Amudsen, I'm on Bolero.

Maybe ask other Amudsen owners if the can update logos, but IMHO  this feature is currently disabled, and the system can use logos only from the radio network,

I'm waiting for Skoda UK to get their finger out.

When we're due to change the car again in about 4 years time we will go to Toyota :wall:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This is not really a help, but I've had a similar problem in my Scala with Amundsen.

Not able to upload radio logos via stick to the 9.2” Amundsen. 

The user guide says you can do this but you can’t via USB.

I contacted Skoda Support who told me that I could upload it via SD card. I pointed out that the car doesn’t have an SD slot.

They then told me that there was no need as the images reside on an internal drive. I pointed out that a load of logos are missing or some that get assigned are plain wrong – completely different station.

They then told me that the incorrect logos would be sorted in a software update which I thought was just fobbing me off. I’ve had 2 software updates since I spoke to them and it hasn’t been fixed.

I spoke to them again. Still absolutely no resolution and no explanation for not being able to upload (that probably annoys me most) but this time they added that they don’t have licensing for some logos. I reminded them that these logos aren’t missing on one of the company Octavia’s. They moved on swiftly and asked me if there was anything else they could help me with? Yes. Are you going to update the user guide to show that you can’t do this? Still waiting for a response on that. To sum up, no help at all.

I contacted the branch I bought the car off and they can't understand why USB upload has been taken out and why a load of images that sit on the hard drive are missing or wrong.

Whole thing is a shambles and the customer services side has really gone downhill

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All;
I am an owner to two Skoda’s (One Kodiaq 2020 and one Karoq 2021) The kodiaq I have does have Amundsen system with Normal USB Slots and one SD Card Slot. So I was able to update all my Radio station logos using either of these two media inputs. But on my Karoq I do not have SD Slot or Normal USB inputs (Type C Only) so I tried to same way I did for may Kodiaq to update the Logos I downloaded from internet. (Skoda Update Portal) Unfortunately my Karoq does not allow me to update the logos. Although I had spoken to many Skoda people in Istanbul and e-mailed to Checzk Republic, none helped. And the last answer I got is, updating the logos manually on my Karoq is not possible since the system on the car can only receive logs over RDS transmission. I am very much sorr to have learned this since I am not happy to see the blank stations every morning on my Radio screen. Al though I wanted the sytem unit to be changed, they said not possible. I am now attaching a link here showing my problem on YouTube.  

I hope this could be solved through an update to be launched. Otherwise I would lose my traust on Skoda. I feel I am cheated, since in all documentation for Skoda, it says Radio station Logos can be updated (even the update portal still delivers station logos), which is not a  valid case for me. 

Some of us have tried chasing missing logos and succeeded.

Others have tried and failed.

I’ve uploaded them and it appeared they had been set up ok, but they simply drop out of the picture the next time you start up.

I’ve given up completely.

I’ve just settled for some channels having a logo and some blank.

Some appear on the Digi Dash but not on the central screen.

It’s a lottery with Skoda.

Delighted to say that this has just worked perfectly on my new Kamiq SE; downloaded logos to memory stick, shoved that into USB:C converter and then into C slot below dash, went to radio, held onto blank logo for station, it defaulted to something along lines of settings, Manage Logos, clicked, found the one I wanted, easy peasy so did it for three more yesterday and yes, they're all still there today, happy bunny

I did another three this afternoon!

Seems that I need to be able to receive the station for it to work, so added logos for BBC 3, 4 extra and 6 but as I live in the sticks could not add Heart FM or Classic Gold

Tattoo Settings had a Manage Logos in sub menu

I've got 3, 4 Extra etc on the radio hard drive so have no issue with those. It's the ones with no logo for example Radio X. No matter what you do you can't upload it. I'm not sure what you meant about Tattoo Settings, but when I go to Manage Logos there is no option to upload from USB

11 minutes ago, HareLaw said:

I did another three this afternoon!

Seems that I need to be able to receive the station for it to work, so added logos for BBC 3, 4 extra and 6 but as I live in the sticks could not add Heart FM or Classic Gold

Tattoo Settings had a Manage Logos in sub menu

Would love to see a video of what you're actually doing to see what's different if you get the chance