VCDS cornering lights adaptation in Superb MY20 FL

Hi,

I'm planning to add some functions in my car using VCDS, as I'm quite fresh in using this tool, so  I decided to start from theoreticly simple things to train a bit. I decided to turn on fog lights as cornering light and...  

...I hit the wall .... I've tried verified coding (in fact adaptation) found on different forums including briskoda:

I'm using VCDS version 20.4.1

Here are controler details (in this version of controler there is no coding, but all was moved to adaptation as far I know)

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)       Labels: None
   Part No SW: 5Q0 937 086 CE    HW: 5Q0 937 086 BQ
   Component: BCM PQ37BOSCH 038 0303  
   Serial number: J53F26012000QJ

Coding: 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
   ASAM Dataset: EV_BodyContrModul1UDSBosc 020001
   ROD: EV_BCMBOSCH_020.rod
   VCID: 7F0DB6FBE6FD757E73-802A

after choosing 09-Central Electronics and entering security code 31347:

Leuchte12NL LB45-light B12 : not active -> Abbiegelicht links
Leuchte13NL RB5- light B13 not active -> Abbiegelicht rechts

then I checked if conditions for cornering lights are correctly set in other corelated adaptation channels:

IDE03638-IDE04231-static AFS light-Steering wheel angle: offset,-0.3 °,
IDE03638-ENG116677-static AFS light-Abdimmgeschwindigkeit,25.0 %/s,
IDE03638-ENG116673-static AFS light-bei Rueckwaertsfahrt,both sides ,
IDE03638-ENG116675-static AFS light-Lower speed threshold,0.0 km/h,
IDE03638-ENG116682-static AFS light-Maximaltemperatur,100.0 °C,
IDE03638-ENG116679-static AFS light-obere Grenztemperatur,95.0 °C,
IDE03638-ENG116681-static AFS light-Oberer Lenkradwinkel,65 °,
IDE03638-ENG116680-static AFS light-untere Grenztemperatur,80.0 °C,
IDE03638-ENG116678-static AFS light-Unterer Lenkradwinkel,40 °,
IDE03638-ENG116676-static AFS light-Upper speed threshold,40.0 km/h,
IDE03638-ENG116674-static AFS light-Vorschrift,ECE R119 ,
IDE03638-ENG115830-static AFS light-Zeitwert Einschaltzeit Abbiegelicht,15 min,

Unfortunetly it seems to be not succesful with FL version. What is really strange it that I have checked with VCDS advanced measurments how controler is reacting on steering wheel turns and it seems everything works correctly (my version in Polish, so most of you have to belive me, but underlined line is showing Puls Duty Factor for left fog light):

image.thumb.png.814810ff233f40eb9f3b68e1ab09dcfe.png 

After turning wheel, AFS signal become active, duty factor is 100% and plug number is exactly the same as for fog light. But all this is not reflected in real light behavior. 

I've tried reseting lights options in car setting to factory defaults, also I was waiting 30 min allowing CAN to go into sleep mode... no changes. 

Can anyone help me with those adaptations in FL version, it seems something has changed in FL and probably some additional adaptations / coding has to be done, maybe in CAN Gateway ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

At a guess, the fog light channels have changed so the below aren't actually the fog lights:

Post an adaption map from 09 and I'll see if I see anything obvious :)

Hi Langers2k

9 hours ago, Phils80 said:

Yes, originally both were set to not active. Some lines in Polish, I hope you will be able to identitfy :).  

adpmap-09-5Q0-937-086-CE_VIN-2100.CSV

Try changing these:

Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion B 16 --> Abbiegelicht links
Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtfunktion B 17 --> Abbiegelicht rechts

Keep the existing changes you've already made.

I'm pretty new to the MQB platform but I'm pretty sure that'll do what you want. I assume you have LED front fog lights?

• Thanks 1

Awsome :party:. Thanks a lot langers2k, that's it ! It seems all aviable adaptations are for halogens, when FL models are with LED, but I'm wondering why they left 12NL and 13NL A function set as fog light while FL cars are delivered only with LED ones... Probably no one exept guys from Wolfsburg can answer...

It's more likely that the led module takes two power feeds. On previous generations, the led module took power and a PWM signal for brightness, both of which would turn off completely when it wasn't in use.

I haven't looked in to the lighting channels or writing diagrams to confirm 🙂

• 3 months later...

Hello guys,

I have an Skoda Superb 2020 FL and I've been trying for a while to activate cornering fog light. I have tried to change Leuchte12NL, 13NL; Leuchte2SL, 3SL, 4TFL, 5TFL but without success.

I saw here that @Philps was able to active cornering on fog lights. I will attached few foto with the code that I've changed(I will say the same as @Philps), but didn't work.

Could you please take a look on my photo and guide me?

Thanks in advance

Screenshot_20210203_175138_com.voltasit.obdeleven.jpg

Screenshot_20210203_175412_com.voltasit.obdeleven.jpg

Screenshot_20210203_175439_com.voltasit.obdeleven.jpg

5 hours ago, doggy007 said:

Hello guys,

I have an Skoda Superb 2020 FL and I've been trying for a while to activate cornering fog light. I have tried to change Leuchte12NL, 13NL; Leuchte2SL, 3SL, 4TFL, 5TFL but without success.

I saw here that @Philps was able to active cornering on fog lights. I will attached few foto with the code that I've changed(I will say the same as @Philps), but didn't work.

You need to find which channels are fog lights.

Take a look through all the channels for something with functions "Nebellicht links" and "Nebellicht rechts" and change those ;)

If you're able to get a full list of adaption channels and settings out of obdeleven, I can take a look.

Hi doggy007, thanks to langers2k I realized where was a problem. In FL cars you have LED fog lights which are not driven through same channels as before (when there were halogen fog lights). It was confusing because those channels are still present in adaptation, regardless that halogen lights are not possible to install anymore.  Please try to change those channels instead Leuchte12NL, 13NL; Leuchte2SL, 3SL, 4TFL, 5TFL:

Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion B 16 --> Abbiegelicht links
Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtfunktion B 17 --> Abbiegelicht rechts

I can tell you that cornering lights with led fog lights are helping a lot, so it is worthy to turn them on. It is good idea especially in cars without AFL as mine.

@langers2k as you see in the screenshot attached "Nebellicht links" and "Nebellicht rechts"  were available on Leuchte16BLK and Leuchte17TFL(I didn't change those, were present before coding).  As you say, modifying Leuchte16BLK and Leuchte17TFL, cornering on fog light should be working? I saw that you said above "Keep the existing changes you've already made." it is necessary to code and Leuchte12NL and 13NL?

I searched in all the channels and "Nebellicht links/rechts" are available on 4 channels :Leuchte12NL /13NL and Leuchte16BLK /Leuchte17TFL. I will try to code all these 4 channels together to see if it works.

@Philps I don't understand what you mean instead, in the above screenshots I already changed  Leuchte16BLK and Leuchte17TFL channels and the cornering on fog light didn't work.

I have often wondered why when most of the VCDS interface is in the users chosen language, e.g. Enlish in my case, some of the adaption channels are still in German. Could they not be translated by the software?

37 minutes ago, Liger1956 said:

I have often wondered why when most of the VCDS interface is in the users chosen language, e.g. Enlish in my case, some of the adaption channels are still in German. Could they not be translated by the software?

Im guessing here, as I’m no VCDS expert (but I get by) but it may be that there is no direct translation and that’s why it remains in German. There has been a number of times I have typed a phrase into Google Translate from OBDeleven and the English translation doesn’t really make sense. It is enough to work out what’s what though. 

Like I said. That’s purely my guess. It’s not based on any actual fact. 

1 hour ago, doggy007 said:

after I tried to code all channels that contain "Nebellicht rechts/links", the cornering is working. Thanks guys for help.

now it seems to be even more strange. In my case I've left Leuchte 12 NL and Leuchte 13 NL as fog lights because I was to lazy to rewert them to original setting.... Strange, but good that it works !