Cracked Haldex Unit

John@C

Dear e-Roottoot,

At the end of the day, we know its  an issue lacking of training / education / customer value & loyalty skills...I'm caught in the middle of it all..Having to pay for their mistakes if I can prove them wrong as an enterprise.

As an individual, I have to be composed, polite, non-judgemental, factual and ask gently while I'm in the virtual dock having to answer all their  questions for them to get out of negative press coverage /watchdog/consumer rights & legal actions and meanwhile my expenses are now over stretched.

• Main Dealer in west London !

For 42 years, I have never complained/claimed...I feel like a school boy again.

Regards

• Like 2

I feel for you, can't be nice at all. Hopefully it will get resolved, but then will be the question of whether you want something in the way of compensation for the hassle, trouble and expense you've gone through, but would you even want an offer of free serving from a dealer you don't trust?  But first things first.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tech1e said:

Seen plenty of bell ends drain out the differential oil, force some more oil into the Haldex unit (leaving the diff empty). Then a short while up the road with no diff oil in it the diff overheats and cracks.

Direct from the horses mouth, - that is the most concise explanation ever and perfectly decribes this bell end :blush  who was watched over, aided and abetted by another forum member.

Considering how many miles I drove, the speed and the load carried I was very very lucky indeed, I may still pay for the expensive lesson but at least I can own up to my own incompetence and not expect someone who trusted me as a professional to pay out £4.5K for my mistake.

In my defence I did my Haldex service shortly after screwed up eye surgery that left me blind in the eye that previously could see closer than the other, another so called professional who blames everybody else and leaves the customer to deal with the consequences.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

@John@C

It is an issue that sadly you might well be dealing with people who 5 1/2 or 6 days a week are used to panning off troublesome customers by having never seen things ever before.

I like the favourite, 'never believe stuff you read online, that is from people that know nothing about anything, we do this as a profession'.

3-monkeys-620x2401-620x240.jpg.0597dcccb1b603ee629f930dd02f3a1f.jpg.24a37f9163e0ba1cfd6b6fd298e8e592.jpg

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tech1e said:

Seen plenty of bell ends drain out the differential oil, force some more oil into the Haldex unit (leaving the diff empty). Then a short while up the road with no diff oil in it the diff overheats and cracks.

Surely if a dealership mechanic made that mistake, he must realise that a hell of a lot more oil drained out (of the DSG) than he put back in (to the Haldex), or is there not much oil in a DSG gearbox? I can understand a DIYer making this mistake, but would expect a mechanic to realise whats just happened. Or am I expecting too much from mechanics?

Edited by Dale_Stevens
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Dale_Stevens said:

Surely if a dealership mechanic made that mistake, he must realise that a hell of a lot more oil drained out (of the DSG) than he put back in (to the Haldex), or is there not much oil in a DSG gearbox? I can understand a DIYer making this mistake, but would expect a mechanic to realise whats just happened. Or am I expecting too much from mechanics?

This topic has nothing to do with the DSG or gearbox.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

This topic has nothing to do with the DSG or gearbox.

I meant diff. I assume there must be similar amounts of oil in the diff and Haldex?

Edited by Dale_Stevens
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dale_Stevens said:

So similar amounts then. Still, wouldn't expect a professional mechanic to be undoing the wrong nuts. Thats why we pay them to do it.

Some either don't have the brain power or lack the motivation to engage brain power. One of the reasons I left after 20 years, it was a struggle seeing it from the inside, quite self defeating.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

@John@C

It is an issue that sadly you might well be dealing with people who 5 1/2 or 6 days a week are used to panning off troublesome customers by having never seen things ever before.

I like the favourite, 'never believe stuff you read online, that is from people that know nothing about anything, we do this as a profession'.

3-monkeys-620x2401-620x240.jpg.0597dcccb1b603ee629f930dd02f3a1f.jpg.24a37f9163e0ba1cfd6b6fd298e8e592.jpg

Dear e-Roottoot,

They have made an offering of goodwill. which I cannot disclose as yet...Awaiting for the email.

I feel I have been sidetracked to a no win, they look at the transparency of case and mentions that I had missed a service on a DPF replacement, thus caused the cracking of the Haldex/diff long term and eventuality.

Again my ignorance or denial, tending to frustration. Is this a lesson to be learn or been 

No idea what would be meant by a service on the DPF replacement is.   Diesel Particulate Filter. 

& that has nothing to do with this.

Get them to show what and when it was due.   Was this prior to you purchasing the car with a FMDSH, or after you bought it and had FMD Servicing?

*Do they mean the Haldex was not serviced in 2017 @ 3 years old?*

They need to explain fully what tripe they are trying to bring into the matter of the Haldex Service.

C43633A2-798C-4A6E-8799-A772BDA2B9AB.jpeg.463ecc70333ff4529f23316b10d42671.jpeg.e6a92b618f10eaa924083a19a0e89b6c.jpeg

Edited by e-Roottoot

Thanks for clarifying this.

*Do they mean the Haldex was not serviced in 2017 @ 3 years old?* : Yes

and after I bought it and had FMD Servicing, not having the DPF was the crux.

Regards

4 minutes ago, John@C said:

Thanks for clarifying this.

*Do they mean the Haldex was not serviced in 2017 @ 3 years old?* : Yes

and after I bought it and had FMD Servicing, not having the DPF was the crux.

Regards

But what do they mean by a DPF service? Theres no mention of that on the servicing chart.

Anyone know what the Extended Scope means on that service chart?

Edited by Dale_Stevens
  • Like 2

There are taking the Michael.

Dealerships fail to tell owners about a Haldex Service so they get missed.   The Car has been fine since 2017 until they serviced it.

?

What is the DPF thing all about?    What do they mean?

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 20.25.36.png

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 20.26.13.png

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Thanks 1

Spot the Extended Scope.  CHECK / REPLENISH FINAL DRIVE OIL (WHERE APPLICABLE) 

This simply does not get done.   OR HAVE THIS CROWDS TECHNICIAN DONE THAT?

It used to be shown to be done with the MAJOR SERVICE as well which was changed just this year in January.

@John@C

Are they talking about the Emissions Scandal Voluntary Recall Action to have the VW Emissions fix carried out not having been done?

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

Is it leaking? No, it will be alreet then. Tick the box.

They probably call it diff oil because Instead of changing it they just shrug their shoulders and say "What diff-erence would it make".

Edited by Dale_Stevens

* Diesel Particle Filter [ I think from what I have gather is the fuel filter ]

1918466628_Screenshot2020-10-13at18_54_22.png.eb18ebdcfcbd47bc4559eb6afe6abb8c.png

* Yes 'Are they talking about the Emissions Scandal Voluntary Recall Action to have the VW Emissions fix carried out not having been done?

1 hour ago, e-Roottoot said:

There are taking the Michael.

Dealerships fail to tell owners about a Haldex Service so they get missed.   The Car has been fine since 2017 until they serviced it.

?

What is the DPF thing all about?    What do they mean?

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 20.25.36.png

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 20.26.13.png

Yes, the car has been fine, prior to them serving

2 minutes ago, John@C said:

* Yes 'Are they talking about the Emissions Scandal Voluntary Recall Action to have the VW Emissions fix carried out not having been done?

Punishing you for not having a voluntary fix done?

• Like 2

The Diesel Fuel Filters were part of the 2nd Major Service if the Technician decided to do them.

The Major Service cost the same @ 2 years, 4 years and 6 years if they changed it or not.

That is no reason to not count the car as having being Serviced to the Manufacturers Recommendations or Guidelines as the customer gets given no Guidelines.

Nothing to do with the Haldex or Final Drive anyway.

• Like 2

The fact they are denying responsibility because you quite rightly have not had the emissions fix shows the level you are dealing with. They will clearly grasp at any opportunity to avoid paying out for their blatant mistake. 

Please do not settle for less than having your care repaired at no cost to yourself. 

• Like 1