UK Rear fog light convert to EU use

HI, Good morning everyone.....I have a 2019 (69) Superb 2.0 TDi SE-L.

I am going to take the car to France. (permanently/ export)

Is there a VCDS or OBD fix to swap the rear fog lights from Right to Left for use in EU. Or to enable both fog lamps to illuminate.

Many thanks in advance.

A Welshbloke in France

I might be wrong here, but they are different parts one with and without fogs. If you want to purchase, there are 4 variants of the one side of light. LHD/RHD HATCH/COMBI.

Just search the "VCDS modifications tested and approved" thread or something like that. The 2nd rear fog light can be activated with VCDS for RHD cars ;), whereas it can't for LHD ones :angry:...  

1 hour ago, Bap33 said:

Just search the "VCDS modifications tested and approved" thread or something like that. The 2nd rear fog light can be activated with VCDS for RHD cars ;), whereas it can't for LHD ones :angry:...  

I'd be interested in this as I didn't think it was possible on the superb with the fogs being on the inner part of the lamp

3 hours ago, mfizz said:

I'd be interested in this as I didn't think it was possible on the superb with the fogs being on the inner part of the lamp

I was under the same impression and had read there wasn't even a bulb in the left cluster to activate 🤔 I activated the other fog on my Mk3 Octy and wanted to do the same with my Mk3 Superb, it'll be interesting to see if Bap33 has made a new find! 

Here is the code, I've read somewhere in the numerous pages from this thread:

09 Electr. contr > Security Access – 16 : 31347 > Adaptation 10 

- Select channel "(4)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27"

Go to "LICHTFUNKTION" to check the value from right lamp.

Note the value down: either "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt und Rechtsverkehr" or "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt".

Put the same value in channel "(4)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion A 26"

Save

- Select now channel "Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 27" to check the lamp type, which most probably is "32 - allgemeine LED bis 12W".

Put the same value in channel "Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert AB26"

Save

- Select channel "Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert AB27" to check the value (most probably 100).

Put the same value in channel "Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert AB26".

Save.

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/10/2020 at 17:27, Bap33 said:

Here is the code, I've read somewhere in the numerous pages from this thread:

09 Electr. contr > Security Access – 16 : 31347 > Adaptation 10 

- Select channel "(4)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27"

Go to "LICHTFUNKTION" to check the value from right lamp.

Note the value down: either "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt und Rechtsverkehr" or "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt".

Put the same value in channel "(4)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion A 26"

Save

- Select now channel "Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 27" to check the lamp type, which most probably is "32 - allgemeine LED bis 12W".

Put the same value in channel "Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert AB26"

Save

- Select channel "Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert AB27" to check the value (most probably 100).

Put the same value in channel "Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert AB26".

Save.

Just tried this and doesn't work.  Was this a confirmed working VCDS change or someone copying it from an Octy page? 

Pretty sure this is a copy paste from octy thread.

For starters Octavia doesn't have an inner tail light assembly. Secondly if it was a simple coding job there wouldn't have been 4 different variants available for the same side of the vehicle. That's why I was watching this thread intently. 

You could in theory, use an EU lamp in the UK and turn off the left sided fog but not the other way round.

If you do end up purchasing another left sided tail, do let me know what you doing with your old one I might be interested :D 

Well, I'm pretty sure, I've read it either here:

or here:

Sorry, if I don't read the ~140 pages again to find precisely where... ;) 

As far as I remember severals RHD owners have made the mod successfully. I tried to do it my LHD, but I failed (though inverted left and right functions). It seems the right rear fog light is specific on RHD.

For sure, I've found the mod in the Superb III, I too rarely read the Octy threads. I can't have found this mod there.

BUT... I don't know if this mod has been copied-pasted in the Superb forum from an Octy thread. That's a possibility... :thinking:

Note: I've tried this mod' on my father's Octy 3, but it didn't work either... May be still a story of RHD/LHD... :rolleyes:

Another solution is to hardwire the 2nd rear fog light.

A Superb3 owner from eastern Europe had posted a video, but there are few information about the wire to plug on from the working rear fog light.

Edited by Bap33

Interesting - and I actually did this on my Vectra many years ago, and my Saab 10 years ago (by adding a bulb and wiring across).

The thing is I can't actually remember the last time I had to use my fog lights. Does it still get foggy anymore?  If I did this mod I'd be looking forward to the fog, its bad enough hoping for snow when the winter tyres go on :)

• Like 1

On 26/10/2020 at 10:05, Bap33 said:

Well, I'm pretty sure, I've read it either here:

or here:

Sorry, if I don't read the ~140 pages again to find precisely where... ;) 

As far as I remember severals RHD owners have made the mod successfully. I tried to do it my LHD, but I failed (though inverted left and right functions). It seems the right rear fog light is specific on RHD.

For sure, I've found the mod in the Superb III, I too rarely read the Octy threads. I can't have found this mod there.

BUT... I don't know if this mod has been copied-pasted in the Superb forum from an Octy thread. That's a possibility... :thinking:

Note: I've tried this mod' on my father's Octy 3, but it didn't work either... May be still a story of RHD/LHD... :rolleyes:

Another solution is to hardwire the 2nd rear fog light.

A Superb3 owner from eastern Europe had posted a video, but there are few information about the wire to plug on from the working rear fog light.

I've seen this thread and I think I'll be doing that, I asked for confirmation on connectors, where to put the additional wire and so on. Shame it's not just a coding fix like I did on my Mk3 Octy. 

1 hour ago, PhilDigs6259 said:

I've seen this thread and I think I'll be doing that, I asked for confirmation on connectors, where to put the additional wire and so on. Shame it's not just a coding fix like I did on my Mk3 Octy. 

Must be an age thing, but a wire and bulb sound easier than coding to me!!

5 minutes ago, VRS_White_Hatch said:

Must be an age thing, but a wire and bulb sound easier than coding to me!!

True :D if you have the coding kit it's easier than pulling the car to pieces, but this doesn't look like a difficult DIY hack! Just odd that the bulb is fitted (at least that's how I read it on that thread) but no power supplied. Unlike my previous vRS which had the bulb and power but not coded. 

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, wanmy said:

Se puede activar los 2 nieblas trasero en un octavia 2019 con led traseros??

Please use English so we can understand you :)

As this is the Superb section, you might have better luck in the Octavia section. This post is probably a good starting point:

• 1 year later...

LHD version of the S3 here with only the left side of fog lights working. 
I was wondering 🤫if buying and installing the UK or RHD equivalent model will it make it works like plug & play?  Kind of curious about it. 

7 hours ago, Sevi31 said:

I was wondering 🤫if buying and installing the UK or RHD equivalent model will it make it works like plug & play?  Kind of curious about it. 

You don’t want both fog lights to work only one.

It’s only on one side to differentiate between brake lights

8 hours ago, Sevi31 said:

A french owner tried this. He bought a RHD tail light to make the rear right fog light work after some coding modifications, but he didn't succeed. 😞

I've read this on a french Skoda forum. I was expecting he did it right to make the same mod on mine too. Unfortunately, he didn't.

2 minutes ago, Sevi31 said:

In fact, here it is legal double back foglights. I think it’s more a question of brands saving some money here. 

image.jpeg

You're probably right, but it may also depend on national regulations.

• Love it! 1

6 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

A french owner tried this. He bought a RHD tail light to make the rear right fog light work after some coding modifications, but he didn't succeed. 😞

I've read this on a french Skoda forum. I was expecting he did it right to make the same mod on mine too. Unfortunately, he didn't.

You're probably right, but it may also depend on national regulations.

Thank you. I wasn’t sure about it more in the economic way than any other. 🤑Prices with shipping are very high at this moment from UK. I prefer saving this money to improve something else 😈