Adblue warning message?

Cslogg

The AddBlue warning message now comes on every time I start my 2019 Karoq.

It states that I have 1300 miles to go before refilling.It will take me some months to do this distance.

Is there a setting which will allow me to reduce the warning distance to something like 200 miles?

I was going to wait until the level had gone down a lot more before topping up.

I suppose a bit like my fuel.I top up when I have about  quarter of a tank left,not three quarters.

Looks like I had better get it topped up.

Guaranteed my local garage does not have a pump.

The message says it will take 2.2 gallons,so a 10 lit.bottle should do it.

I looked on Amazon and there is a bewildering range of brands.

Is there a recommended one ?

Edited by Cslogg

It is clear so how can it be coloured?,

No not Pigs wee. 

Just AdBlue as used by Mercedes & licenced to VW Group and then they cheated because they did not want big AdBlue tanks in cars in the USA.

Don't spill it, and know how to clean it up and once open just store in a dark place or covered up.

There is plenty warning before a car gets to being not able to start and each time like the OP's 1,300 miles, you fill it up or just top up the range might show greater than the last time.

VW Group still managed to have the cars sip AdBlue even after the scandal.

DSCN2794.JPG.8cdc49714adfe6ca21df90e729690172.jpeg

42CF6D88-D4F0-4D0D-B826-87C29456BBAB.jpeg.f38e4199dcaeb26ce1ead881888f1799.jpeg

Edited by e-Roottoot

It seems the “target” price for is a little less than £1/ltr, anyone know what the price is from a Tesco forecourt?  Could have it delivered but I’ll be passing a Tesco this weekend that sells the stuff so I thought I’d pick up 10 litres in the back to be ready.  Tried a search but to no avail.

I just topped mine up again. It was at "400 miles before no engine start" warning and took 10l container. I have been buying double packs of Greenchem ad-blue from Amazon at £17 for 20l but won't need that much again before the lease is up, so have looked around.

You will get ad-blue on almost any forecourt, but beware of any that has been stored for long periods in the sun. Also available in Home Bargains (5l containers), any motor factors, online at EuroCarparts and Screwfix - to name just a few. If you are passing any of those places, get some. However, I doubt you will get a full 10l pack into the tank with 1300 ad-blue range showing.

It will be fine once opened if you keep it covered or in a cupboard and away from children or stupid adults.

HGV's / Agticultural Vehicles get AdBlue in some cases from big caged cube containers that sit outside in all weathers and might not be all used up within months.

Then the stuff in vehicles can have been there since filled at the factory, then while vehicles were bunkered before ever reaching a dealership and customers so a long time.

Through Summer & Winter.

The car managed to drink all of the 10 lits and the warning  light disappeared.I do not know how to get the Adblue display up to see how many miles I have left to check what difference the 1o lits made.

Apologies,I was trying to find the info from the main dashboard screen when it was actually on the small screen in front of the steering wheel.

Anyway before the 10 lits went in the range was 1300 miles.After it is now 8000.

Always best to top it up when you get the warning. Since once it gets down to the certain level it completely prevents starting of the engine with no way to bypass it. You then have to top up with a minimum of 2.5 gallons to start the engine again.

Do they not sell it at petrol stations there?

I see it all the time over here. It even shows up in the fuel price app I have. Currently costs 55 cents per litre. And no faffing with buying bottles etc to tip in. Just pull up and fill as you would with fuel.