Reverse light Live and Earth

mikey362

Hi guys,

had a search and can’t find a diagram as to which wire is which. I do have the wiring diagrams on my pc but as my graphics card has but the dust I can’t really use it.

can anyone tell me the colours of the Live and Earth on the reverse light at the cluster? Need them to activate the reverse camera I’m installing.

thanks

mike

OP- for lamps such as single filament types the centre contact is usually +ve. This can be checked with a meter( Aldi /Lidll do decent ones at circa £9.99 , suitable for basic work to electronics ). Alternatively ,a simple way of checking wire polarity is using a test lamp. Two types are worth looking at. For go /no go voltage polarity a sidelamp holder and a sidelamp would suffice. for chasing high resistance wiring faults I'd suggest a 21W reverse lamp . To find the positive lead - connect one side to chassis and the other side to the wire. If lamp lights, then that wire is +ve. No criticism- just from my electrical /electronics background . Showing that test kit need not be expensive and how easy it is to find wiring polarity with a bit of knowledge.

• 1 year later...
On 15/10/2020 at 09:28, Breezy_Pete said:

Black/blue wire is feed from switch, brown is earth.

Does anyone know if it is the same wires for the mk2 fabia also? i connected a rear backup camera to these colours and it worked for a while but now I can't get it to work , nor my rear wiper. I wouldn't be surprised if I've done something wrong, can anyone advise on this please?

8 hours ago, Steveyg777 said:

Does anyone know if it is the same wires for the mk2 fabia also? i connected a rear backup camera to these colours and it worked for a while but now I can't get it to work , nor my rear wiper. I wouldn't be surprised if I've done something wrong, can anyone advise on this please?

It was working, now stopped.

Have you popped a fuse?

3 hours ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Are the reverse lights working?

Will look at wiring for a 2012 mk2 now.

It seems i only have one reverse light. But yes it is working. I also have some foot well lights attached to some switches (actually a set of switches for boats but they have worked. Since connecting then again to a fuse on the interior fuse box - mot guys disconnected then possibly - two of the switches are permanently on even when flicked to off position). I'll send some images.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've just realised that the fuse that i took the power from was in the wrong fuse socket. The wiper is working again now lol. I think i had figured out incorrectly which fuse was for the ignition. The supplied sticker is confusing because it is for the lhd version.

Looking at this web page https://fusecheck.com/skoda/skoda-fabia-ii-2007-2014-fuse-diagram

Should i take it from fuse 30 instead?

Ps- my switch sends to have some loose  connections but those two switches are still on permanently. Possibly the switch is faulty now. I'll have to examine the  wires at a later date 

I don't really like that sort of bodgy wiring into fuse terminals, Difficult to see what's been done there cos of the red tape, but fuse 26 is the one for rear wiper. That is usually an ignition switched supply.

People generally use these slightly less bodgy breakout fuseholders for such additions. You retain the original fuse for the original consumer and add another suitable for the added item(s).

2721545_Screenshot2022-09-2114_11_45.png.a7378eaf1a6d12b38f38440e18b06885.png

There may not be sufficient headroom to get the fusebox cover back on though, others with mk2s may be able to comment.

• Thanks 1