New Kodiaq in 2021?

Our 3 year old 1.4petrol  Auto SE-L Kodiaq 5 seat coming to the end of the lease.  It has been a great car and I'd like another.

However....it seems not much has been updated on them since we got ours.  I heard they had a refresh in 2020 but very little seems to have changed.  They don't have the digital cockpit as standard for example...?

Also, I like the 1.4 very much and it has enough power for our family's needs but I see constant criticism of the replacement for it, the 1.5.  Is this a worse/less powerful replacement for the 1.4 or will I find identical performance?

I am also surprised to find I can no longer get a 5 seater unless I choose the base spec!  I have no need for 7 seats and would prefer the extra room...

I don't fancy being tied to a new 3 year lease on an ageing model.  When do you think a new Kodiaq might be out?  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

MY 20 had Skoda lettering - that was introduced end 2019

The changed over to MY 21 cars around August - wk 30 to 34 - so a week 37 car should be MY21 with new steering wheel ... maybe wireless Charger... maybe Wirless Apple Car Play?

• Like 1

Judging from recent trends, Skoda models seem to be losing more and more things as MY's go by. They might get basic Led headlights as an upgrade, but other things suddenly disappear, boot torch being just one example. Infotainment gets updated, but where there was once a Columbus, now you get an lower spec Amundsen and so on.

"Improvements" include all the latest EU diktats such as lane assist.

Also I notice now introduction of e-sim in latest models, no more external sim. I'm not sure if that ties you in to exclusively using Skoda as your infotainment data provider with associated ongoing costs.

https://skoda.cubictelecom.com

The main issue with the 1.5tsi are some continuing reports of low speed hesitancy (kangarooing), can't be certain if this "charactaristic" has been fixed once and for all.

Could be that My22 will see mild hybrid as only option in 1.5tsi guise (dsg only)

Edited by xman