How much is the original VRS exhaust worth ?

Is your car on hp or pcp? If it is and you plan on handing the car back I would keep it and refit it before handing back. Also make sure you have the finance companies permission to modify if it is on finance. Else they can breach you and charge you for the loss in value and reclaim the car. If you plan on part ex-ing your car then you would probably get a couple of hundred pounds for the full system. There isn't really a market for standard used exhausts. 

Not sure where you are but I’d be interested in the rear sections with the Y piece if priced right. They aren’t very valuable unfortunately, someone on the Mk3 group got a whole exhaust for £0.99!! I won’t insult you with an offer that low but I’m interested if it’s cheap just so my TDI doesn’t have a fraud tip haha.

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

Not sure where you are but I’d be interested in the rear sections with the Y piece if priced right. They aren’t very valuable unfortunately, someone on the Mk3 group got a whole exhaust for £0.99!! I won’t insult you with an offer that low but I’m interested if it’s cheap just so my TDI doesn’t have a fraud tip haha.

Never really bothered me that. Given the exhaust is hidden behind the bumper and not immediately obvious like a Golf GTi etc with overt tailpipes. Guess I am just boring 🤣However they are very expensive to buy aftermarket which I cannot see why, as it is a simple 1 into 2 connection with a bend with 2 silencers 🤔 Not exactly hard to make with the right equipment. 

37 minutes ago, Ecomatt said:

Never really bothered me that. Given the exhaust is hidden behind the bumper and not immediately obvious like a Golf GTi etc with overt tailpipes. Guess I am just boring 🤣However they are very expensive to buy aftermarket which I cannot see why, as it is a simple 1 into 2 connection with a bend with 2 silencers 🤔 Not exactly hard to make with the right equipment. 

The diesel tip doesn’t get the heat out from the exhaust effectively and it melts the Rieger diffuser. I could use the extension tip but it looks so obvious and wonky so would rather a proper system if one comes up cheap enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

The diesel tip doesn’t get the heat out from the exhaust effectively and it melts the Rieger diffuser. I could use the extension tip but it looks so obvious and wonky so would rather a proper system if one comes up cheap enough.

Not sure if it would work but you could always fit downward facing tips to direct the heat downwards to the floor. Pretty much like some rally cars did to avoid melting the bumper with anti lag.

Unfortunately that wouldn’t work, can either take them off and have custom tips or use a TSi exhaust and TSi tips to correct the issue. I can see the exhaust outlet within the tips so it bothers me to see it looking wrong. Not high up the list but would like to correct if I can.

10 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Unfortunately that wouldn’t work, can either take them off and have custom tips or use a TSi exhaust and TSi tips to correct the issue. I can see the exhaust outlet within the tips so it bothers me to see it looking wrong. Not high up the list but would like to correct if I can.

I never could understand why Skoda fitted those fake exhaust trim pieces. I preferred mk2 exhaust style that you could see with a singe outlet and twin pipes. Loved my BCS exhaust. Hopefully you will get it sorted 👍 

Saved them making two different bumpers.  They’re not the worst trim pieces out there. At least there is actually an exhaust outlet within and it’s not just blanked off like others out there. 

On 31/10/2020 at 23:07, MassiveJim said:

Had a full S/S turbo-back fitted.

Wondering how much the original CAT, centre silencer and twin rear silencers off my MK3 petrol VRS are worth.

Car has done 52k so exhaust is in decent nick still.

Its worth what anyones willing to pay - The issue now is Covid unless your posting (and if posting an exhaust thats a ball ache).

Also take into account were in the run up to Christmas, many people will hold off on non essential purchases, so I would either contemplate scrap metal merchants (weigh in on the cat would be worth something when they are open) or wait till January and wait for someone whos got some Christmas cash and may want to convert their non VRS to an immitation VRS.

On 01/11/2020 at 22:47, Ecomatt said:

Is your car on hp or pcp? If it is and you plan on handing the car back I would keep it and refit it before handing back. Also make sure you have the finance companies permission to modify if it is on finance. Else they can breach you and charge you for the loss in value and reclaim the car. If you plan on part ex-ing your car then you would probably get a couple of hundred pounds for the full system. There isn't really a market for standard used exhausts. 

Nope, its owned outright

On 01/11/2020 at 22:57, e-Roottoot said:

There are quite regularly people looking for a used standard exhaust, like the member with a wanted ad posted now for a Mk2 exhaust.

Any idea on value ?

I imagine the Cat will have more value than the rest of the exhaust

On 03/11/2020 at 18:19, SashaGrace said:

Im in Derbyshire, probably 2/3 hours away, but then you are probably 2/3 hours away from anywhere ;) (in the middle of nowhere)

8 hours ago, ScoutCJB said:

Its worth what anyones willing to pay - The issue now is Covid unless your posting (and if posting an exhaust thats a ball ache).

Also take into account were in the run up to Christmas, many people will hold off on non essential purchases, so I would either contemplate scrap metal merchants (weigh in on the cat would be worth something when they are open) or wait till January and wait for someone whos got some Christmas cash and may want to convert their non VRS to an immitation VRS.

Don't think I'll be posting it.

It's surely got to be worth more than scrap value ?

I don't mind hanging on to it until after Christmas to be fair

12 hours ago, MassiveJim said:

Don't think I'll be posting it.

It's surely got to be worth more than scrap value ?

I don't mind hanging on to it until after Christmas to be fair

Like I said ... its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.  I had an old Cat from a Vectra I had years ago and i thought it would sell easy but after months on ebay not a sniff.  I ended up at a scrappy and got good money for it.  Wait till after Christmas is your best bet.

Edited by ScoutCJB