Marlin / Briskoda Rolling Road Day.

Goochie

Just got back from Marlin after a great day. Highlight of the day was Des's Octavia struggling for grip on the rollers.

It seems almost impossible to get that performance from the 1.8T :eek:

I'll upload photos later but for now here's a video - Watch the exhust extractor in the bottom right of the frame and you can see when the turbo comes on song ;)

http://www.philgooch.com/marlin/delcac.avi

The reason for the blokes stood on the sills is an attempt to stop the wheels spinning - it failed :rolleyes: hence no firm power readings.

:rofl: excellent vid!

Good day and great to see everyone again :thumbup: I was going to put the 4x4 on the rollers but i didn't want to shame all the Octys ;)

Good to see Gerrys car getting some top figures today as well!

Got back about 10 mins ago, Tomtom decided to take a strange route down the A5 and through Dunstable and Luton rather than the A507 across to the A1(M).

The Boxster seemed to run a little on the low side to standard, having 234 BHP and 400 NM of Torque. I know the BHP is low but am unsure on the NM figure.

Like the Video clip of Des's car.

Bit disappointed but I should have guessed really. IP dropped the boost to try and get some sort of traction on the day but no luck.

Wheels started to spin at 4800 rpm every time but still managed 311.9bhp at 4800 with 1.4bar so god knows what it would have hit at 2.2bar. Also managed 397.3Nm before wheel spin.

Still, good entertainment for everyone, made me and the guys at Merlin laugh. :rofl:

Was a good day - Thanks for inviting me Gerry! My A3 made a measley 310bhp, 344nm @ 1.4 bar which is a little low on power, and WAY low on torque... Must be some logical reason, but its cwertainly far from slow on the road. That with IHI VF-34/18. Figures bother me not! :)

Had an interesting drive home too! Followed (played catchup!) with a '96 Mclaren F1!!! Talk about rare oppurtunity! I took full advantage and he p*ssed all over me! lol.

Cheers

Rich

How many people can you fit on the outside of an Octy vRS.

The efforts taken to get Des's car to give a true reading, yet even with all these people weighing it down the octy was still spinning the wheels on the rollers at 4800rpm.

8980.attach

Was a good day - Thanks for inviting me Gerry! My A3 made a measley 310bhp' date=' 344nm @ 1.4 bar which is a little low on power, and WAY low on torque... Must be some logical reason, but its cwertainly far from slow on the road. That with IHI VF-34/18. Figures bother me not! :)

Had an interesting drive home too! Followed (played catchup!) with a '96 Mclaren F1!!! Talk about rare oppurtunity! I took full advantage and he p*ssed all over me! lol.

Cheers

Rich[/quote']

Lo Rich,

Nice to meet you today m8. That car of your's is the nuts, love the wheels and brakes. :drool:

Des

Nice one guys

Good to meet you all.

Particularly enjoyed the entertainment Marlin put on to break things up - the "how many fat blokes can you balance on and in a skoda challenge" ;)

Quality day, agree with Des in this or the other thread - must do another meet soon.

Lo Rich' date='

Nice to meet you today m8. That car of your's is the nuts, love the wheels and brakes. :drool:

Des[/quote']

Hi Des,

Good to meet you too. Wish i could have stuck around to see yours on the dyno, but had to get off unfortunately!

If the wheels and brakes go missing, i know where to look! hahaha