WATER PUMP REPLACEMENT 3 YEARS under Warranty

So my 2017 Octavia 1.5 , was due its 3 year service this week , just over 40k miles , advised them i was having to top up Coolant , So service and MOT carried out and advised  Water Pump was leaking and that they would replace under the warranty , also i mentioned the driver Seat Belt was Fraying , so they also replaced this under warranty, i added and extra year on top of the 3 when purchased so hopefully all covered for another 12 months . Very good service from Caffyns Ashford .However somewhat surprised after only 3 years , my previous octy  TDI 130  had no such problems in its 248k /13 years , only time pump was replaced was at the Cambelt change over ,as recommended on here .

The dodgy waterpump was fixed by the time the Octy's got to FL status; your car being a 2017 may or may not have been a FL model.

A good call to get the waterpump and timing belt done.

17 hours ago, johnmb said:

So my 2017 Octavia 1.5 , was due its 3 year service this week , just over 40k miles , advised them i was having to top up Coolant , So service and MOT carried out and advised  Water Pump was leaking and that they would replace under the warranty , also i mentioned the driver Seat Belt was Fraying , so they also replaced this under warranty, i added and extra year on top of the 3 when purchased so hopefully all covered for another 12 months . Very good service from Caffyns Ashford .However somewhat surprised after only 3 years , my previous octy  TDI 130  had no such problems in its 248k /13 years , only time pump was replaced was at the Cambelt change over ,as recommended on here .

Are you aware of how the seatbelt frays? Basically it cuts into the plastic when you pull it out. Did they replace this too? If not, it'll be the same again in a few months.

1 hour ago, varaderoguy said:

The dodgy waterpump was fixed by the time the Octy's got to FL status; your car being a 2017 may or may not have been a FL model.

The car is s late 2017 December assume FL with split headlights , will ask when timebelt is due ,but 40k miles and just 3 years ,did not expect it to go so early,

So all fixed under Warranty , on the FL model the Pump is seperate from the Timeing Belt , they did mention that there had been a few cars 4 to 5 in for the same problem over the last 6 months , they had also seen the diesel versions coming in for replacements due to the Pump sticking open/closed . Ive got an extra years warranty on the car from new ,so hopefully no further problems 

1 hour ago, johnmb said:

So all fixed under Warranty , on the FL model the Pump is seperate from the Timeing Belt

That's not about whether i'st a FL model or not; it's because you have a 1.5 - on the 1.4 and 1.5 the water pump is on the opposite end of the engine to the timing belt but most people on here think of the 2.0 engine where the water pump is on the same end of the engine as the timing belt.

Edited by PetrolDave
  • Like 1

On 13/11/2020 at 09:09, varaderoguy said:

Mine hadn't, ha.

Had water pump and thermostat housing done at 25k (think twice in that mileage too - once by me).

I've blagged another year warranty out of them cos I fully expect it to leak again.