Enyaq - Ground Clearance?

Niall

Might be back in the Skoda fold if I can get an answer to this question......

Anyone know what the ground clearance will be on the Enyaq? ID.4 is allegedly 210mm which is around where I need it be for my job (one the reasons the previous Octavia 4x4 was swapped for an Outback). Can't find a figure online for the Enyaq (which I prefer the 'look' of).

Any info welcome!

Thanks,

Niall

No idea of the ground clearance but one good thing with an EV is when the roads are flooded and you can just drive through.

I have done that and cars followed and i have seen they then got stuck as they never made it.

Sensible wading height obviously and not where water is going to come in the doors.

Skoda have lots to do before delivery to customers.

Surely they will not release them from the factory before VW Group sort out the Software failings.

(Not just putting them out with snagging faults because they need them registered to get the C02 g/km average figures needed by the group.)

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 11.09.59.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 11.07.35.jpg

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

They are longer than a Karoq but not as long as a Kodiaq but i would hope that the clearance would at least be as good as its at 194mm.

& Kodiaq wheel base 2791 mm, 

Enyaq 2,765 mm, 

Karoq 2,638 mm.

Kodiaq Kerb Weights,1,474-1,853 kg,   

Enyaq  1,890-1998 kg.

Karoq 1,344 - 1658 kg.

As it is the ground clearance needs to be the given figure at the Full Revenue / Max Gross weight otherwise it is a nonsense if it is just at the Unladen weight.

Same with the range even with the ridiculous WLTP figures, it should be at fully laden.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

That's about where my 2007 Octavia Scout was. OK, but 200mm+ is better for my circumstances. Still, better than I thought, might be worth a look. What chance a Scout version?......

Edited by Niall

On 17/02/2021 at 08:27, Niall said:

That's about where my 2007 Octavia Scout was. OK, but 200mm+ is better for my circumstances. Still, better than I thought, might be worth a look. What chance a Scout version?......

I wanted to know this too as visually it looks way lower than say a Kodiaq and I go places where GC is important too.  I'm slightly worried about the weight and tyre choice if you are talking wet muddy or snow type situations of these battery only cars too. One of these fully laden with people and ski gear going down hill could be interesting. Presume the EV regenerative braking is like engine braking and could be of benefit or would DSP and ABS get in the way of that when it's really steep going down.

Going up/slippery conditions, also presume these will all have modes where max torque isn't all in one go as wouldn't be going anywhere if so.

EV's on Winter or Snow tyres are fantastic on Snow, and when wading on flooded roads that are passable.

The bottom are flat and OK if lower as long as you are not bellying out.

The power can be turned right down, or you stay light on the accelerator, the traction control can be doing it's thing or be put off, 

the regen can do the braking without the need to use the brake pedal.

The interior and the batteries can be pre-heated. 

Better if the Auto hold can be disabled or the e-Brake is the choice of the driver if used or not, disabled if wanted.

The best thing anyone can do is actually try one in the most adverse of conditions.    Wipers and screen jets can be an issue, and windscreen wash in particular if not a heated bottle and jets as their is no heat in the engine compartment.

Having a Heated front screen is well advised.     Also air intakes and space under the wipers that do not block with snow or ice and stop wipers from working and climate control  being blocked /air intakes. 

The cold weather testing seems to be done in Climates different from the UK were freezing and thawing might happen often from various days and nights and not everyplace has constant cold and dry conditions.

My e-Corsa with only 125mm ground clearance and over 1,400 kg kerb / unladen weight but it kept on going where many a SUV on the wrong or even the right tyres was not still moving.

*No use up a farm track with a big hump in the middle, but then many SUV / Cross overs with supposed greater ground clearances are no use on them either.*

DSCN5767.JPG.afbe6c8f8fbd4065a7dbea6adf4d42f1.jpeg

DSCN5770.JPG.05df8f06896b8a35eb6fb19f15d5ac84 (1).jpeg

DSCN5771.JPG.27a9b37d1c26fac7652ab9d8d385aad2.jpeg

Edited by e-Roottoot