Now this is a LOT of smoke

Seemed to pull cleaner right in the top end though. The rest of the rev range was chucking it out good and proper. Led to a confusing 210bhp (10 under norm) and yet still a reliable 349 lb/ft at 3000rpm. :confused: Weird how I've always had torque between 350-360 lb/ft on FOUR rolling roads yet BHP varying wildly - especially at the wheels. Anyway, enjoy - only 3.8mb.

Des - does this noise get me an invite or will I be turned down for being a pollution hazard? :D

http://altarmoore.com/jason/SOOTYRRVID.wmv

By the way - I put my show plates on while at Interpro. :thumbup:

Went through MOT though.... He even commented it wasn't even close to being a failure.... :D

Hoping the LPG will clean that up a bit and give a bit more poke in the engine too.

Went through MOT though.... He even commented it wasn't even close to being a failure.... :D

Hoping the LPG will clean that up a bit and give a bit more poke in the engine too.

Were you standing on the hose at the time? theres obviosly a difference between high emmisions and end of the world type clouds of soot!!!

and was that vauxhall the same colour as the impreza when you drove in?

Scott

I was behind Jason on the thrash on saturday and I could actually hear the soot hitting my car :o

Sounds good tho' date=' to say its a diesel.[/quote']

:iagree:, and me too... :eek:

Actually having given this some thought Jason may be slowing down global warming for us in the short term. All that soot entering the atmosphere will help reduce sunlight entering the atmosphere.

Sadly in the long term it will settle on the ice sheets hence meaning they absorb more heat and melt quicker. But I live well above sea level so no problem there.

Well, people who saw me rev her up in the Red Lion will know that it only puffs a little bit when its in neutral. If the MOT test ever involves testing on full throttle in 4th gear on a rolling road, I'm well & truly screwed. :rofl:

Oh, and I'm addicted to the noise. :cool: I know that the idea of putting a straight through bit of stainless will not be everyone's cup of tea on Briskoda, but I bloody love it.

i bet everybody in the workshop had black snot on sunday night :rofl: i liked they way the woman stepped back then stepped back again , still got covered in soot though me thinks:D

i bet everybody in the workshop had black snot on sunday night :rofl: i liked they way the woman stepped back then stepped back again , still got covered in soot though me thinks:D

I was there and I can still taste it....