Skoda Octavia IV pictures thread

13 minutes ago, robola said:

So jealous of you Euro owners' seats!  Look so much nicer than these crappy fabric only ones we have in the UK.

My SEL is coming with half leather half alcantara like fabric, I could have specced full leather for £240 but I prefer the standard. I'm in the UK

6 hours ago, robola said:

So jealous of you Euro owners' seats!  Look so much nicer than these crappy fabric only ones we have in the UK.

But it is a very expensive option and honestly cloth is nice to have both in winter and summer. I couldn't justify adding that option when ordering.

Some awesome looking cars here, haven't seen any other colours here in Aus apart from white and black.

Just hit 1000km on my RS.

Installed a front lip and blacked out the badges over the weekend before trying one of those DIY ceramic coat sprays.

Black rims and new exhaust are on the list at some point :)

Would love to lower it but don't want to destroy the stock struts with lowering springs so maybe coilovers in the future.

IMG_20210805_201735.jpg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, AndyNT3 said:

Some awesome looking cars here, haven't seen any other colours here in Aus apart from white and black.

Installed a front lip and blacked out the badges over the weekend before trying one of those DIY ceramic coat sprays.

Would love to lower it but don't want to destroy the stock struts with lowering springs so maybe coilovers in the future.

IMG_20210805_201735.jpg

How did you black out the badges?

I’m looking into maybe replacing the grille surround on my SEL when I get it to the black version as it looks soooo much better. Not sure if it could be wrapped or not which might be a better option for me as it’s a lease car from my workplace and I could remove the wrap before I handed it back. Not sure how easy it would be to change the surround myself. 

24 minutes ago, MiniNinjaRob said:

How did you black out the badges?

At the moment they're just dipped black, had a can in the garage and in and out of lockdowns here in Australia I thought I'd give it a go. Still  considering buying some black ones online at some point. Grill on my old car was dipped black for years so I'm not worried about durability. 

1 minute ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Noo waaaayyy! :rofl: It's clearly Steel Grey on that pic. :D

Hahaha definitely :P I actually wouldn't have minded the grey but dealer said it was discountined but also white and black were in stock so went for white. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AndyNT3 said:

Hahaha definitely :P I actually wouldn't have minded the grey but dealer said it was discountined but also white and black were in stock so went for white. 

Always nice seeing another fellow Aussie come to the Skoda Family. Welcome Mexican and at least you will have another 7 day lockdown to do some more mods. 

Im glad I don't live in Sydney anymore. 

Mighty nice looking car to mate.

45 minutes ago, whitevx said:

Always nice seeing another fellow Aussie come to the Skoda Family. Welcome Mexican and at least you will have another 7 day lockdown to do some more mods. 

Im glad I don't live in Sydney anymore. 

Mighty nice looking car to mate.

Thanks!

Yep, got another 7 days here in Vic.

1 hour ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Nice one.

But I really don't know what's up with the sunlight you have down there in Australia. This one also looks like Steel Grey. Same as on Andy's picture. :biggrin:

I can see why you might think that although to me it it clearly different.

Strangely as I took that I was thinking how bright and shiny it looked in the sunshine.

However it was around 3pm on a wintery afternoon so the sun was low, as you can see from the shadows.

I will see if I can capture one that shows it off better.

Meanwhile here is the same one with a bit of enhancing.

PXL_20210806_050014461.jpg

• Like 1

On 09/04/2021 at 22:54, janis said:

things that i really like, digital dash is amazing, even waze navigation shows up there, BTW- android auto wireless, works flawless.

Hi @janis was reading your nice review and this item got my attention; with Apple Carplay for sure the navigation running on your smartphone is not projected to the digital dash so I was also under the impression this was the same for Android Auto. Seems like it's not? Can you please make a picture of that? Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

Returning member here. 

I am looking at purchasing a new VRS Estate Plug-in Hybrid. 

I am after your views as owners, how you are getting on with yours, best colours, options etc. (Uk specs)

I have owned many Octavia VRS’s and find myself drawn to them all the time!

Thanks in advance…

On 05/08/2021 at 22:23, AndyNT3 said:

IMG_20210805_201735.jpg

Looking good :)

Would you mind giving us a quick run down on the splitter install and maybe a photo of the underside?

I had a look under the front of mine and it seems like it's pretty well covered off with flush panels so I'm intrigued as how the fitment is as I have the lip on my wishlist....

11 hours ago, parsey83 said:

20210822_150230-02.jpeg

Damn that LB looks good. I'm really waiting for my RS iV, but i'm very concerned on the looks. Wish RS iV would be lower :(

Also mine is coming with black exhaust tips. Wonder if thats good or not.

Edited by timster

9 hours ago, timster said:

Damn that LB looks good. I'm really waiting for my RS iV, but i'm very concerned on the looks. Wish RS iV would be lower :(

Also mine is coming with black exhaust tips. Wonder if thats good or not.

LB?

20210823_165652.jpg

• Like 2