Skoda Octavia IV pictures thread

25 minutes ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

It's a thread for pictures of the iv model. 

Whats the diff apart from the flap on the front wing and the lofty suspension 

13 hours ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

It's a thread for pictures of the iv model. 

No it really isn't but thanks for posting.

Now I know what a plug for an IV looks like.

It being mark iV (4 in roman numeral) and iV version for the hybrid, is I think a little unhelpful; even here on a Skoda forum! For e.g. if you have the hybrid, you could say you have a Skoda Octavia iv iv: which sounds a bit odd

23 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Ok. The misunderstanding is clear now. :biggrin:

I always thought that IV (both capital) means mk4 and iV means hybrid version.

It does. The above explanation isn’t correct. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aarond said:

Okay thanks @SC03OTT

It's still reads/sounds like saying something twice, like a job title or a name; it feels jarring. 

The bit I was saying is incorrect was the Roman numeral part. You’ve stylised it as iV, which isn’t correct. They’re capitalised. So IV. 

It is a bit cumbersome to read, yes. Saying it though is fine as you say what the number is, you don’t read the letters out. Much like if you read a clock. You’d say “It’s 20 past 3”, not “It’s 20 past III”. 

I’ve also seen people on here using the number 1 instead of the letter I, which is just beyond wrong. Mk111 is mark one hundred and eleven, not mark 3. 

Anyway, lesson over 😂

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, SkodaCB said:

Well she's finally plated and my god what a leap it is from my MK 3 RS in terms of technology, which touch wood has been absolutely flawless even though it's only day one of ownership. 

The ambient lighting, kessy, wireless Android Auto, digital cockpit, and the voodoo that is ACC are things I could never do without now in a car. 

PXL_20210514_205305897.thumb.jpg.775f5f6c7fb9cd651ea0d4bb50dcbd9b.jpg

PXL_20210514_140656157.PORTRAIT.jpg

Buy the rubber mats mate , £65 over here , those textile mats will look really grubby soon

• Thanks 1

Thanks mate!
Weird, as I want to upload more pics with splitter but it seems that I cannot upload anything....

Maybe I need to delete old posts, weird system :(

14 hours ago, Anth1s said:

Thanks mate!
Weird, as I want to upload more pics with splitter but it seems that I cannot upload anything....

Maybe I need to delete old posts, weird system :(

You can put some more photos on your instagram profile. :biggrin:

On 19/05/2021 at 01:23, Anth1s said:

Soo now I have full Maxton kit on mine.

I think sideskirts could be a bit wider. But overall - in real life looks much better than in pics!
Was a bit surprised how large the splitter is haha.

66A5C90D-287F-485B-9DCB-CAD4A07D4D07.thumb.JPG.1eae5dd0ba6ce8b9681b824513e03b7f.JPG

Also: why cant I upload more pics ?

It says I only have 100kb to upload and does not let me to upload anything....

Nice car, I like the black on white look.

Wow, that splitter does look bigger in your photo than it does on the Maxton website! :)

Any problems with it scraping on driveways and the like?

I'm just looking at ordering exactly the same kit as you, how did you find it as far as fitment - any issues/pointers?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, YCH said:

more pics,plz!

I'll second that motion!

I'll post some pictures of mine as soon as the sun decides to make a showing...  :wondering:

16 hours ago, CS363 said:

Nice car, I like the black on white look.

Wow, that splitter does look bigger in your photo than it does on the Maxton website! :)

Any problems with it scraping on driveways and the like?

I'm just looking at ordering exactly the same kit as you, how did you find it as far as fitment - any issues/pointers?

Hey!

Thanks! Somehow i cannot upload any more pics to this forum... it only lets me upload file Max Total Size 186kb, nothing else.
Tried deleting old posts with pictures - could not do that (thought maybe I have MB limit...)
Weird, maybe there is @Admin who could explain how uploading works ?

Anyway, you can check on more photos in my instagram: @vrsmk4
I will upload bunch of pics through next and this week (had a photo-shoot) but i keep it 1-2 photos a day or every second/third day.

Regarding splitter, everyday I feel more inlove with it. And regarding scraping well.. :D Happened few times where i had to drive through big sand/mud/potholes but no damage. No scraping when going slow on speedbumps etc. I think keys is - not to go fast when you see any kind of bumps. :D

And you need to be careful when parking as most sidewalks are now just too high.
Fitment was done by pro auto bodyshop/detailers, who had experience fitting Maxton products so it was 10/10.
They said they can remove parts anytime too.

8 hours ago, Anth1s said:

Hey!

Thanks! Somehow i cannot upload any more pics to this forum... it only lets me upload file Max Total Size 186kb, nothing else.
Tried deleting old posts with pictures - could not do that (thought maybe I have MB limit...)
Weird, maybe there is @Admin who could explain how uploading works ?

Anyway, you can check on more photos in my instagram: @vrsmk4
I will upload bunch of pics through next and this week (had a photo-shoot) but i keep it 1-2 photos a day or every second/third day.

Regarding splitter, everyday I feel more inlove with it. And regarding scraping well.. :D Happened few times where i had to drive through big sand/mud/potholes but no damage. No scraping when going slow on speedbumps etc. I think keys is - not to go fast when you see any kind of bumps. :D

And you need to be careful when parking as most sidewalks are now just too high.
Fitment was done by pro auto bodyshop/detailers, who had experience fitting Maxton products so it was 10/10.
They said they can remove parts anytime too.

Thanks for your reply, very helpful!

Your photos on Instagram are very good, are you a professional photographer?

Lovely part of the world you are in, I don't know much about Lithuania but it sure looks nice!

Do you know if the bodyshop just used the bolts that Maxton provide with the splitter or did they also apply some glue/sealant? (Just trying to get all the handy hints I can before mine arrives! :) )