Selling my VRS 245

Hi guys,

I've decided to sell my Skoda Octavia VRS 245 (just posted it up in the classifieds).

It's been an amazing car, but with lockdown carrying on and working from home, It's sitting in my garage not being used...

We are fortunate enough to have 3 cars in our household and the painful decision has been made to move on the Octavia.

Eventually when things go back to some kind of normality, I'm going to hopefully pick up an electric car as I only work 16 miles (round trip) from work. Also I'm allowed too charge my car for free at work, so makes real financial sense in the long run.

I'm going to miss the Octavia though... Hands down the best car I have ever (in my short time with it) owned.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the useful advice I have picked up on here (even way before I bought her).

Edited by andyknoxville
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, TheClient said:

It's a nice looking and specd car but alas I need a dsg (wife can't remember if yours has a 3rd pedal) and estate (dogs and children)..  I'm sure it'll move looks nice.

Hi, thanks for the kind comment.

It is a DSG :)

I looked at the estate originally as well, but something about the hatch appealed more. Good luck with the search, they truly are excellent cars.

I didn't realise how sort after these cars are?

Ad went live on Autotrader around 10am, first call at 11am, chap drove 2 and a half hours too see it, 15 minute test drive (with me driving), paid by bank transfer and was on his way home in it by 4:30pm!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, andyknoxville said:

I didn't realise how sort after these cars are?

Ad went live on Autotrader around 10am, first call at 11am, chap drove 2 and a half hours too see it, 15 minute test drive (with me driving), paid by bank transfer and was on his way home in it by 4:30pm!

Did you get close to your advertised price? Might help others if you share your mileage and price buyer paid.

• Thanks 1

When I bought my used vRS 245 in August, the dealer had 6-7 in stock. A week later they were all sold... :o

Guess you need to time it right with the end of leases and people handing them back. Nice easy sale for you though!