206TSI AWD Wagon: Suspension

Hi, newbie here. I've seen the 'sportline suspension upgrade' post here and there was a lot of interesting points but I still couldn't find my answer there so I've decided to post a question here, that is NOT related to the Sportline model.

- I do a fair bit of touring and recently I've bought the 3+1 Thule bike carrier and I don't like it at all how the car has dropped, fully loaded boot, plus coffin on the roof racks.

- I don't like the softness on how the car drives even in sports mode.

What I'd like to achieve:

- stiffer ride / less roll

- rear being a bit higher than front (ideally, not by much, 20mm tops)

Questions:

- can anyone recommend the springs that would be definitely stiffer than the stock ones but would not lower the vehicle?

- I've read that there is a spacer on top of the springs that could raise up the height, any links pls or the proper term for this part so I could look it up

- ARB recommendations (Australia preferred)

Thank you for all your help.

M

There is a spacer you can get from Audi but it only raises by 6.5mm.  For your purposes I can suggest 2 mods.

1. Upgraded shocks all round (Bilstein B6 or Koni FSD)

2. Rear anti-roll bar. 

This should offer what you want but keeping the stock ride height and tightening things up nicely.

Probably worth doing it in stages as you may find the better shocks do most of what you are after and then no real need to do the rarb.

There are also rubber inserts or air bags that can go in the rear spring for when fully loaded to take up some slack.  Not usually used for daily driving but is a hit with the caravan crowd.

4 hours ago, vajnorcan said:

- I've read that there is a spacer on top of the springs that could raise up the height, any links pls or the proper term for this part so I could look it up

- ARB recommendations (Australia preferred)

Link for the rubber insert.

Link for Hardrace Rear swaybar for AWD.

I got the FWD (7759) version.  Very happy with it.

If you are just trying to address the issue when loaded, why not use MADhelper springs or Gayston Spring Assisters?

Helper Springs from Ekollon | Securing Heavily Loaded Cars (mad-suspension.co.uk)

Spring Assisters (grayston.biz)

I have the latter on our Octavia 4x4 Estate and they do the job for when I have a fully loaded boot and 4 bikes on the towbar mounted rack.

• Like 1

@ope126

Interesting that you first asked this question back in July.

yep, that's quite possible but I've asked this on VWWatercooled forums I think, this time it's for real!

Thread on rear sway bar (I have a SuperPro on mine);

Cheers. Happy with those? Why don't people to the front at the same time? 

Because you have to drop the whole front sub frame. Very labor intensive.

Best nag for your bucks is the rear, plus these cars are Front Wheel Drive bias, so makes sense starting on the rear...

• Like 1