Superb 2017 or Octavia 2019?

I have a a 2010 Superb 2.0 TDI DSG elegance estate. 2 smaller kids and wanting to spend about £16K looking at petrol DSG 1.4/1.5 TSI and can see a few 67/2017 SE L superb similar money for 19/2019 SE L Octavia estates. I prefer the luxury of the superb fully loaded and have also had a 2010 VRS but not sure I need the size of the superb. 

Any advice on similar situations for you guys if worth getting more “exec car “ and gadgets versus newer and less miles and smaller?

thanks for any feedback. 

Once you’ve had a superb you can’t go backwards 😜

I am the same as you S2 estate and Octy hatch.  The estate comes in handy once in a while 

I had this decision and went Superb. I like the extra comfort, space and luxury of the Superb. There is a clear difference, perhaps reduced with the new Octavia, but it is there. It depends how many miles you do as to how much that will matter.

If you don't do many then go Octavia, if you do more then I would take the luxury every time. 

17 hours ago, badgerman said:

I have a a 2010 Superb 2.0 TDI DSG elegance estate. 2 smaller kids and wanting to spend about £16K looking at petrol DSG 1.4/1.5 TSI and can see a few 67/2017 SE L superb similar money for 19/2019 SE L Octavia estates. I prefer the luxury of the superb fully loaded and have also had a 2010 VRS but not sure I need the size of the superb. 

Any advice on similar situations for you guys if worth getting more “exec car “ and gadgets versus newer and less miles and smaller?

thanks for any feedback. 

As they say "size matters";).

Like you I had a 10reg 2.0TDi Superb Elegance DSG Estate which I replaced with a S3 Superb estate. The S2 Superb was a great car & it served us well with loads of space for camping gear & passenger comfort for long trips to France & elsewhere. As you already know the rear legroom in the S2 Superb is huge. The S3 Superb is the same so I suspect your rear passengers would not be best pleased with the reduced rear space provided by the Octavia. The Superb boot is marginally larger as well. However, it's the general ride, comfort & luxury where I think the Superb scores over the Octavia. The latest Octavia narrows the gap I think but there is still a gap IMO.   

I had the same dilemma.

I'am over 190cm tall and current gen octavia has less space for me than my old Octavia II. gen, so I went for Superb3 and couldn't be happier. Space difference is huge. 

I came from an MY11 Octavia RS liftback to my current MY17 Superb 220 liftback.

The rear space for the kids & passengers is immensely more.

The boot space, again, immensely more.

Ease of driving the bigger Superb is still the same as wat the Octavia was.

The Superb is a nice comfortable "cruiser", compared to the more sportier & firmer Octavia RS.