Owner/member ideas

Thought I’d start a quick thread for owners of the mk4 to start sharing ideas/thoughts/plans etc for any changes they may make.

One of the things I would like to do is source the alcantara type material on the vrs dash and apply it to the gloss black surround around the gear selector knob.

I would also like to extend the dsg paddles to slightly larger ones. I’ve already tried some full replacement units from eBay however the fitment is different from the mk7 golf etc. I do however note the new mk8 golf r comes with slightly larger paddle shifters so I will try and source the part and come back to this thread if they are interchangeable.

A3BB811F-BE8D-48BB-AC65-09906DB36555.png

Edited by parsey83
Added pic

21 minutes ago, parsey83 said:

Thought I’d start a quick thread for owners of the mk4 to start sharing ideas/thoughts/plans etc for any changes they may make.

One of the things I would like to do is source the alcantara type material on the vrs dash and apply it to the gloss black surround around the gear selector knob.

I would also like to extend the dsg paddles to slightly larger ones. I’ve already tried some full replacement units from eBay however the fitment is different from the mk7 golf etc. I do however note the new mk8 golf r comes with slightly larger paddle shifters so I will try and source the part and come back to this thread if they are interchangeable.

A3BB811F-BE8D-48BB-AC65-09906DB36555.png

must say i like the steering buttons on the golf

2 hours ago, parsey83 said:

That's brilliant idea. I was thinking to wrap it in carbon-look foil (the same one as on the dashboard). But the shop, who did the PPF on my car, said it would be hard to find a matching one.

I would be really happy if you can share any info here. Alcantara is very good alternative to carbon-look foil for that gloss black center piece. I'm not sure who thought a gloss black paint would be nice in that position. Mine is already full of fingerprints.  

• 3 months later...
On 21/01/2021 at 03:55, parsey83 said:

I've also been trying to solve this for a new Superb Sportline. I don't know if they're interchangeable with the new Skoda wheel but this video shows an install of the Golf R paddles on a GTI and gives the part numbers in the text. Seems like they're v.expensive.

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, parsey83 said:

Not as yet, have you a link at all to the Facebook page? Thanks 

Sure.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/390228318602141/posts/686361322322171

Did you perhaps already thought about how to make the the gear selection menu visible in case you will be using the alcantara?

I'm not fussed on seeing those markings to be honest as the dash shows when changed and as I'm sure you can appreciate you quickly get accustomed to where you are with regards to selection 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, parsey83 said:

Keep us posted with pics. 

I also found and ordered after some digging these oem looking stick on paddle extensions. I will report back when they arrive 

I sure will. Just it might take a little bit more time since I'm planning to install them together with the new exhaust (still not sure which one 😞 )

@parsey83 anything new with the center console?

Edited by TheUltraRunner

I see a lot of the mods are to VRS models but anyone done anything to a SEL model?

Mine will be in petrol green. I like the chrome round the windows and roof rails but I think the chrome grille surround doesn’t look great. Anyone have any suggestions or comments on that? I was considering a black grille surround and black badges. 

7 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I guess I would stay with chrome grill and badges if my car would have chrome round the windows. But I would need to see the car in person or at least on pictures. :D

My thinking is that the front end looks a bit “wide mouthed” with the chrome grille surround. I’m getting black wheels (ish) so it should be more balanced. 
I’d agree with seeing it in person, it might look better than expected when I get it. 

• Like 1

On 25/11/2021 at 06:50, TheUltraRunner said:

To bring back the topic a bit. 😄

Something new came yesterday. Will be installed sometime in the near future.

120 Years of Skoda Motorsport exhaust tips.

63669390_2021-11-2312_20_10a.thumb.jpg.6e5e79f1d89bc4dbac19357083232db8.jpg

205450233_2021-11-2312_20_14a.thumb.jpg.170c9b48c0fe01b161a0ac983e6f6265.jpg

2141177973_2021-11-2312_24_43a.thumb.jpg.0c9372535756c056eee5e6133a9a0c45.jpg

1700560029_2021-11-2312_24_55a.thumb.jpg.aeec5d1ead8b6df3e41fbaa8cdae3e99.jpg

Looking god man! Post pics when you install them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a set of Solarplexius tint panels waiting behind the sofa. 

I placed my order and had them delivered via DHL from Sweden within 2 days! 

Just need a car to fit them to now! 😁Screenshot_20211127-150709.thumb.png.77fe65a7ac3b75aa922c8fc4cfaba9d6.png