Playback from SD Card - MP3's first track missing from album

Hi there,

I have both a VW Polo GTI (MY17) and Octavia vRS (MY19) and in both I have an issue with some MP3 files being detected from SD card. Specifically, it is the first track on an album that is not detected (therefore I see from track 2 onwards fine). I thought this was a one off when I had an album do it a long time ago, but now it is happening again. I've tried both SD cards in both cars (with the same music on), and both show track 1 as missing....

Last time I think I managed to get around it by renaming the file (I think), or doing a Unix touch on it to change the timestamp. But as its happening on both SD cards on both cars, I am ruling out a problem with the cards themselves. 

Anybody else experienced this?

Cheers,

Mark

Hi there,

No I haven't, can that be done within the menus? Can the software be updated (from home), or does it need to go back to dealers? I'm pretty sure neither have been updated since we have had them (unless its been done silently during services)...

Cheers,

Mark

A dealer can do it or you can do it from home assuming you can download the software update.

Might be worth taking pictures from the 'system information' screen of your headunit and either dropping @pab567 a PM or add them to this thread:

There will be a fault code stored due to the update but it's trivial to clear with VCDS or similar and completely normal. It won't show on the headunit or effect functionality :)

Edited by langers2k

Our Octavia's have the same headunit but mine is running slightly newer software.

If you can share the files and directory structure, I can chuck them on a spare SD and see if they work for me :)

Just to follow up on this. Thanks all for the help. I updated the MIB2 firmware, but it was still the same... turned out to be the SD card, and a format (exFAT) and copy of all music fixed it. I was previously using robocopy to sync music from my server, so not sure what happened there.....  

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, seem to have a fault code now (in the Polo at least) for software version? How do I code this out in OBDeleven?

---------------------------------------------------------------
5F Multimedia

System description: MU-S-D-ER
Software number: 3Q0035820B
Software version: 0368
Hardware number: 3Q0035820B
Hardware version: H30
Serial number: VWZAZ2T5017489
ODX name: EV_MUStd4CTSAT
ODX version: 001022
Long coding: 02620000BE00000051110101008808001F0203C60120010001

Subsystems:
System description: ABTm_Std2
Software version: 1031
Hardware version: H53
Serial number: VWZ8Z9TKU028LT

Trouble codes:
B201A00 - Checking software version management
static

Completely normal after a software update :)

Look through the adaption channels for "Confirmation of installation change" which should be a 4 digit code, you'll need to XOR it with C9D2 and re-enter the new code. You might need to put a space between the first two and last two digits.

Random online helper: http://mib-helper.com/im-so-xory/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a very similar issue. I've only had my Octavia VRS a few days, and I bought a SD card, loaded it with MP3's, but the Amundsen doesn't pick everything up.

When browsing, music files are missing. The card was formatted to exFAT, so I reformatted it to NFTS, and still having the same problem.

I tried placing MP3s into folders, then I took them out of folders, but still missing some out for some reason.

I'm really reaching the end of my tether with this.

Also, some songs come up with pictures of the artists, how does that happen? I'm assuming it's Gracenote, but does that mean my system is connected to the internet?

Thanks i advance for any advice.

1 hour ago, Noms said:

I'm having a very similar issue. I've only had my Octavia VRS a few days, and I bought a SD card, loaded it with MP3's, but the Amundsen doesn't pick everything up.

When browsing, music files are missing. The card was formatted to exFAT, so I reformatted it to NFTS, and still having the same problem.

I tried placing MP3s into folders, then I took them out of folders, but still missing some out for some reason.

I'm really reaching the end of my tether with this.

Also, some songs come up with pictures of the artists, how does that happen? I'm assuming it's Gracenote, but does that mean my system is connected to the internet?

Thanks i advance for any advice.

I format the SD card I use to FAT32, but I don't think that will make any difference. Do the files that don't play have any 'unusual' characters in the file names, or have unusually long file names?

Re artist pictures - some ripping programs embed the album art in the MP3 files. I use Windows Media Player which doesn't so I add them using a program called MP3tag.

I can't format to FAT32, as Windows no longer supports this.

The file names are all normal, so I just can't figure it out. I'm using a 64 Gb SD Card with around 200 MP3 files on it.

6 hours ago, Noms said:

I can't format to FAT32, as Windows no longer supports this.

That's a silly restriction in the built-in Windows format program not actually required by FAT32 (which can support drives up to 16TB IIRC), so I use a third party SD formatter program.