Kamiq - Best options?

coreystannard

It is difficult to know what someone else values the most.  Some people want it as a mobile office for one person, others as a family transport, probably different again if you take elderly parents to shops etc.  Without this info would just be offering random guesses.

Especially difficult to choose if going to rent it rather than buying it to keep, as you want something that can be used all year regularly.  As an example for a keeper I would suggest buying suitable tyres for UK all year, instead of the low rolling resistance summer tyres (too hard and not grippy in cold weather), but if leasing then this doesn't make sence (unless lease is > 25k miles, in which case I would change them, store the originals and have them put pack on just before return it), incidently swap tyres front-back mid lease unless you want to buy 2 extra tyres.

To be honest I would keep some of the £1600 and instead of spending it on factory fit, would independently buy some things like a good boot liner (which you can move to next car) so you can take stuff to your local tip, or load it with DIY goods and keep it looking ok for when you return it, to avoid getting stung for damaged trim.

Heated Windscreen.   I had this as an option to my sel ( non lease)   And to be honest its great.  

Spare Wheel is a no brainer ...  full kit when i got my car was £240

Also I added a dashcam. just for personal peace of mind.

PS    IF you want to bling it a bit... Side door sill cover with backlight KAMIQ | Decorative accessories | Interior accessories | For your car | Catalog | Czech Republic (skoda-auto.cz)

• 4 weeks later...

On a new car, id only for go options like a spare wheel, decent mats, boot mat and mudflaps. Oh and climate control. I love the climate on my Octavia but wouldnt want all the virtual cockpit tech of an SEL. 

Edited by threadbear

• 2 months later...