'Modded' Vrs at dealership

i saw a 'rallied up' fabia vrs at a dealers today with a skoda motorsport paint job and different rear lights, if i was to do this myself surly skoda would turn round and say "different rear lights + paint sir, that a modification and now you warranty is void!"

By trying to sell a car in this way its surely promting the modding/rally potentials of the car and many buyers would think of making changes to their own car, but after reading many posts on the forum, skoda are dead against any sort of mod and are deklaring the warranty null and void at any chance they can.

double standards!

Yes it looks like that, it must be going around dealers, but does anyone agree with my point that its ok for skoda to fit modified rear lights, but if you did fit rears lights or modded the suspension, remap and so on, they would not hesitate in kicking up a stink and try to get out of any warranty work.

I mean i remember reading about a dealer saying a remap caused a seat to creak and go loose on it s runners due to the hard excelleration, well come on thats crazy!

Yes it looks like that' date=' it must be going around dealers, but does anyone agree with my point that its ok for skoda to fit modified rear lights, but if you did fit rears lights or modded the suspension, remap and so on, they would not hesitate in kicking up a stink and try to get out of any warranty work.

I mean i remember reading about a dealer saying a remap caused a seat to creak and go loose on it s runners due to the hard excelleration, well come on thats crazy![/quote']

Approved stuff is ok to fit, maybe the lights are approved.

Yes it looks like that, it must be going around dealers, but does anyone agree with my point that its ok for skoda to fit modified rear lights, but if you did fit rears lights or modded the suspension, remap and so on, they would not hesitate in kicking up a stink and try to get out of any warranty work.
Bit different though isn't it...Skoda (who are doing the work to modify it with their own permission) are then warrantying the work they've done. Which is a bit different from a punter going and getting a cheapy remap and destroying their engine and then expecting Skoda (who didn't perform, permit or approve the work) to foot the bill under warranty...

Rob.