When is the new kodiaq out?

59 minutes ago, aerodynamic18 said:

Guys do we have any definite date when we are likely to see the new kodiaq out

Predicted release in H1/2021 (exactly when is not known AFAIK)

Earliest the manufacturing will start should be in June 2021 (MY22) - my guess!

So I think customer deliveries somewhere in late Q3/early Q4.

btw if you check the renders nothing great has changed (front grill, headlight design and rear boot lid design) o may also be a good time to get great deals on stock MY21.

Edited by AmarSirohi

my issue is I ordered my car in early Nov and there still isn't a build date for it. All my dealer has said is the factory accepted the order but no build date atm so receiving it in march is now even looking unlikely. Therefore im a bit concerned I receive my car and the next week the facelift arrives. They have said I can cancel the car and get my deposit back but don't know what to do tbh

19 minutes ago, aerodynamic18 said:

my issue is I ordered my car in early Nov and there still isn't a build date for it. All my dealer has said is the factory accepted the order but no build date atm so receiving it in march is now even looking unlikely. Therefore im a bit concerned I receive my car and the next week the facelift arrives. They have said I can cancel the car and get my deposit back but don't know what to do tbh

Well surely any facelift car will not be delivered to customers in Europe earlier than July/August 2021. So if you can wait for a new car until then, then it may be a good idea to cancel and wait. But if I were you I would go with the current car because for me there is no gain in waiting for a facelift with minor changes and that too ones which I dont really fancy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

See Seat Formentor is coming now with the RS3 motor as well as the current version with Golf R motor. So 390 and 310 hp.

VRS Kodiaq only getting 180kw, not comparable at all.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

Where does it give the specs of the new Kodiaq?

Available engine derivatives of the facelift Kodiaq are listed on erWin with the only higher powered engine being a 180kW TSI - not a hybrid as some people were saying.

In other news, Skoda Sweden have confirmed that the facelift Kodiaq will be getting Matrix LED headlights, and animated taillights (indicators and welcome light): ŠKODA KODIAQ (skoda.se)

image.thumb.png.7f18cca151652567b5c89fa7c1682916.png

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Not too much of a surprise on some Kodiaq models getting Matrix LED headlights and dynamic scrolling rear indicators as my 2020 FL Superb SEL gets those as standard already.

Of course it’s of little surprise, it’s just been finally confirmed. 

4 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

In other news, Skoda Sweden have confirmed that the facelift Kodiaq will be getting Matrix LED headlights, and animated taillights (indicators and welcome light): ŠKODA KODIAQ (skoda.se)

Seems rather odd Skoda Sweden are divulding this given that it's not an important market for Skoda, or rather they sell relatively few cars there. If I 've read the webpage correctly, Sweden are taking orders for a car based on the current MY21 but it will be upgraded with those options by the time the car is built as it'll have run in to the new model year.  I wonder if Skoda CZ know about what their Swedish importer has published - I'd have thought their PR department wouldn't be best pleased. ( Assuming it's true of course. It seems very odd to me that Sweden of all importers would be 'in-the-know' )

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, e-Roottoot said:

It reads rather clearly what they are saying and nobody is getting a Face Lift until Face Lift production has started.

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 15.53.35.png

Has anyone said otherwise?

7 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

Has anyone said otherwise?

Unless ŠKODA are now hand-building facelift cars for customers before retooling the factory, then no, nobody is getting a facelift car before the facelift start of production. 

19 hours ago, snala said:

See Seat Formentor is coming now with the RS3 motor as well as the current version with Golf R motor. So 390 and 310 hp.

VRS Kodiaq only getting 180kw, not comparable at all.

7000 of them... Left hand drive only... not much use for us down here.

No, but we are getting the 310HP one and it's cheaper than a VRs Kodiaq is.
I was more meaning Skoda is still the poorer little brother as can't even get the 310HP motor for anything, and Seat is also allowed the 5 pot 390 which I think is the first car they have have put that in. Be crazy if that under cuts the Kodiaq VRS in price in Europe, as they seem to pay a lot more than we do for them.

Edited by snala

20 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

?

Do the websites not all go through a central office and for each country & in the different language with the often errors and mistakes?

Skoda, (or rather VW Group in general), coordinated?  I'd be surprised if the Skoda employee sitting at the next desk knows what his colleague is doing. I'd be even more surprised if Skoda Sweden know about the new model. It wouldn't surprise me if someone has quoted Chinese Whispers.

I still find it very odd that Sweden of all countries, should be the ones to publish this. If it was Volvo related then yes, but Skoda? That's very weird. I'm only going on what I remember reading ( and you know what my memory is like! ) but I seem to recall Sweden, or is it the whole of Scandinavia? doesn't actually have a Skoda importer. Furthermore, weren't there some Swedish members complaining that they had to wait like forever to receive their cars after the order was submitted. They seemed to be very low on the pecking order. Wasn't someone waiting over a year on their Skoda to be delivered?

The Swedish website maybe run by some bloke from his garden shed.  :D

Edited by Guest