Black Badging

Has anyone found / fitted black badging to their Superb? 

I've got the earlier Superb III Sportline with the black Spoiler, I'd to replace the emblem, Skoda, Superb and 4x4 badge with good quality black ones. Has anyone done it, where did you gets yours from?

Superb.jpg

I have an Octavia, not a Superb, but I replaced some badges with colour matched ones and with the VRS ones, I replaced them with black badges. The rest I just left off for good. I just do not like chrome. I bought mine from Superskoda, a bit expensive, but I wanted quality ones not cheap ones made in China. 

20210207_140638_LI.jpg

20210207_141117_LI.jpg

• Love it! 1

Thanks, they look great. 

It seems easy enough to get the emblems in gloss black, apparently the Monte Carlo models have black badges and they’re the same size as Superb ones.

Not so easy to get Skoda or Superb in black in the correct font for S3 and the 4x4 badge doesn’t seem to be available at all... I might try to source OEM ‘chrome’ badges and plastic coat them.

Another Superb interloper....

I bought the Skoda and 4x4 badges for my Yeti from Superskoda. I had to buy and spray the Yeti badge black as it was never produced in black. It looks like the Skoda Superb 4x4 are all available.

Emblems : kopacek.com is now KOPACEK.COM

To get them off, I gave up with dental floss and very carefully used 0.025" stainless locking wire to 'saw' through the adhesive pads. No marks left in the paint.

L&K badges done on a vinyl cutter....

IMG_4984.jpg

IMG_4433.jpg

IMG_4434.jpg

• Like 1

PS A better link:

Exterior : kopacek.com is now KOPACEK.COM

Skoda on page 2 and Superb and 4x4 on page 3.

Incidentally, I did try using 'Plasti Dip'  initially on a new OEM chrome Yeti badge but that wasn't very successful so just sprayed them in standard primer and gloss black paint and it's fine.

Edited by aerofurb

Something i didn't realise until someone asked but the black badges from Super Skoda are different colours. One is metallic black and the other is flat gloss. 

I suspect that badges for the Monte Carlo models are the metallic black ('black magic' colour). I bought Monte Carlo mirror covers for the Yeti and these are the same.

In reality, you're hard pushed to notice, it's not very metallic. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/02/2021 at 16:55, roaddetective said:

I have an Octavia, not a Superb, but I replaced some badges with colour matched ones and with the VRS ones, I replaced them with black badges. The rest I just left off for good. I just do not like chrome. I bought mine from Superskoda, a bit expensive, but I wanted quality ones not cheap ones made in China. 

20210207_140638_LI.jpg

20210207_141117_LI.jpg

They look gorgeous.

I'd like to do the same, mine is also a VRS 230, but it's black, so I'd go for black.

are Superskoda ok to order from, a search on this forum shows advice not to buy from them.
Also, did you have any postage problems, not that we are out of the EU? Apparently, there are additional costs when buying from abroad?

Thanks

7 hours ago, Noms said:

They look gorgeous.

I'd like to do the same, mine is also a VRS 230, but it's black, so I'd go for black.

are Superskoda ok to order from, a search on this forum shows advice not to buy from them.
Also, did you have any postage problems, not that we are out of the EU? Apparently, there are additional costs when buying from abroad?

Thanks

Hi Noms. From my experience I had no major problems with my order. I ordered the badges around August last year. They took about 2 weeks to arrive. There were no additional costs, as I paid the quoted price on their website. However, the badges from Superskoda are fairly expensive, but they do look quality, not rubbish Chinese knockoffs.  They did make one mistake with the order, giving me a bolt on front VRS badge instead of the glue on one I ordered. This they exchanged once I sent the bolt on one back. When you take your own front glued on badge off, make sure you warm the badge up first. Soften the glue and then you have to give the badge a fairly good pull to get the thing off. I then used araldite glue to put the new one on after I roughened up the plastic surface first. Just get the badge straight mate!  

• Like 1

I bought some cheap black ones off ebay, looked good, but the curvature on them was wrong and didn't properly fit the contour of the car. I thought the kopacek (superskoda) price on the badges was crazy, but in retrospect, I'd have said pay more for the kopacek ones, as people here have said they're excellent even if costly. 

On 11/02/2021 at 17:55, roaddetective said:

I bought mine from Superskoda, a bit expensive, but I wanted quality ones not cheap ones made in China. 

Best not to look too deeply at where Superskoda source theirs from then.

I’ve bought loads of stuff (never possibly too much...) from Superskoda over the last 10 years and have never had an issue with the orders or a problem with replies to emails. 

They’ve also got stuff in for me from the Skoda CZ eShop that they don’t normally stock. 

No doubt others have had issues but people tend to highlight bad rather than good service, that’s a fact of life! 

• Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

If anyone wants my ebay black ones send me a stamped addressed envelope, although I've removed the adhesive from them. See from a distance they looked fine, but up close you can see how the curvature isnt quite right, I think most of the 90mm ones out on the market are probably intended for a different skoda with different curves than the superb. I also noticed Superskoda site stating the wrong size somewhere. Superb 3 is 90mm front and back. 

IMG_20210219_144646~2.jpg

IMG_20210219_144713~3.jpg

IMG_20210219_144801~3.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 11/02/2021 at 16:55, roaddetective said:

20210207_140638_LI.jpg

20210207_141117_LI.jpg

As stated above, I just do not like chrome, so I have now painted the exhaust tips gloss black. Even replaced the chrome wheel centre caps with black ones. 

IMG-20210429-WA0001.jpg

On 14/08/2021 at 07:46, roaddetective said:

As stated above, I just do not like chrome, so I have now painted the exhaust tips gloss black. Even replaced the chrome wheel centre caps with black ones. 

IMG-20210429-WA0001.jpg

Looks great. Can we see the centre caps too please? Where did you source them from?

On 17/08/2021 at 00:33, Noms said:

Looks great. Can we see the centre caps too please? Where did you source them from?

I sourced the centre caps from ebay, just fairly cheap ones that look like the original ones but certainly not as good quality. Rubbed them down and then sprayed them black, the same black paint I used on the exhaust tips. I saved the original ones which are in great condition, just in case I did not like them black on the car. The black ones are staying on the car. 

20210603_153607.jpg

On 11/02/2021 at 22:37, MICKSVRS said:

Before and after pics. 

bought from Superskoda. 

front badge and back badge both fit just fine. 

344EDBA5-B633-4342-88D5-40843EB54E2D.jpeg

9385C6AC-8278-446C-B4DF-157F8B2B0C35.jpeg

Where did you get the bumper protector from??

Front and rear Velvet Red colour coordinated badges by SuperSkoda (Kopacek) fitted! 

Removed the original badges with the dental floss method then some glue removing stuff and Magnum wooden sticks (reasonable excuse to buy and eat a couple of Magnums...). Good news is that the boot lid for the 2021 Superb III with the S K O D A badging and no recess for the badge has exactly the same curvature as the boot lid with the recess - so the standard boot lid badge fits. I reduced the size of the locating pins as there is no where for them to locate (!) but other than that, no problem.

Front:

IMG-8938.JPG

IMG-8942.JPG

• Like 1