Fabia Clutch Kit

Fabbob

Hello All

I was hoping to get help from this fantastic site!

I love my 2003 Fabia 1.2 estate but time has come to give it a new clutch. I'm going to order one online and get a mechanic to fit it. Problem I am having is knowing exactly which one to pick. Euro parts had 3 options. 

Any help is welcome.  Thanks a million 

Bob

Not sure how much if at all this will help, but the VW group part numbers for the individual parts are shown here: coupling; before parts order, physical inspection... - Fabia(FAB) [EUROPA 2003 year] (7zap.com) (View on a computer not a phone or most of the useful information will be missing)

Which 3 options does ECP's utterly crap reg number lookup suggest? Screenshot?

2 hours ago, Wino said:

Not sure how much if at all this will help, but the VW group part numbers for the individual parts are shown here: coupling; before parts order, physical inspection... - Fabia(FAB) [EUROPA 2003 year] (7zap.com) (View on a computer not a phone or most of the useful information will be missing)

Which 3 options does ECP's utterly crap reg number lookup suggest? Screenshot?

I will try and take a look at that page tomorrow on computer ,thanks.

Here is the 3 options I have i am totally lost at which is correct.  I think I know now what you mean by ECPs cŕap lookup !

Screenshot_20210211-230451_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210211-230441_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210211-230433_Chrome.jpg

12 minutes ago, paulkennedy said:

You should be looking at Luk or Sachs etc for a clutch kit. Good ones aren't cheap and cheap ones aren't good. Not all mechanics will fit a supplied part because they can't give you the 12 month warranty. 

Hello . Yes looking at luk but don't know which one. Can you see screenshots above.  Pal?

Buying it yourself seems a bad idea. If the part fails, the mechanic can blame the component and the supplier can blame the mechanic. Even if the supplier admits the component was faulty, you'll have to pay the mechanic to replace it.

Pay one person for the whole job and then it's their responsibility to sort it if it goes wrong.

I've just had a replacement clutch fitted to my BBZ engined Mk1

The parts were £60,

'Oh', people will cry, 'It won't last as long as the expensive ones.'

The original clutch did 138,000 miles, if I get another 50,000 I'll be happy, it will outlast the rest of the car

http://www.precisionclutch.co.uk/Categories/1/Clutches.html  ask for a quote and they will check what you need.

A local garage charged 3.5 hours labour.

Hello,

I would personally just get your local mechanic to get the part and fit it, my local mechanic quoted me £300 for a new clutch which includes parts and labour.

If your set on finding the part yourself I would recommend signing up with Skoda-Parts for free and entering your VIN number. They will sell the exact part which fits your car so you can either buy from them directly our use the part number to find the kit elsewhere. For example here is the clutch kit for my fabia however searching online with the part number I can purchase the correct kit from somewhere like Auto Doc.

Tui 

22 minutes ago, StevesTruck said:

I don't rate autodoc at all, slow despatch and delivery. I paid extra for a Hitachi sensor off them and they still sent some random crap that lasted 3 days.

I've not actually used them myself I was just using it as an example for searching around once you get a Skoda part number. Out of interest how would you compare them to Euro Car Parts? Their Youtube videos seem informative and straight forward for things like oil changes etc.

Tui

To be fair, euro do send what you've ordered when they say they're going to send it, the down side is trying to work out what you want to order from their website. You'll have a choice of two parts. One will say something like 3 bolt fixing, the other will say something unrelated like 270mm diameter. 

I'd rather ring my local parts place and have a chat with someone who knows what they're doing. Cheaper too. 

Edited by StevesTruck

10 hours ago, StevesTruck said:

I don't rate autodoc at all, slow despatch and delivery. I paid extra for a Hitachi sensor off them and they still sent some random crap that lasted 3 days.

Stuff all comes from Berlin or Szczezin in Poland, it seems. Same with buycarparts.co.uk; web address picked to look like it's UK local, but not.