Glow Plug Light & Start Stop System Error

Hello

I have a skoda octavia which is a few years old with the 1.6 tdi with ad blue.

If i start the car when the temperature is around 1 degrees C the start stop system error and glow plug light come on. If i switch the car off and back on it clears and all is fine. It does do it when warmer but far less often.

It only does it about twice a month (sometimes not at all) but i am finding it hard to figure out what could be causing it. The car is below 20000 miles so still low millage. 

All i can think on is that over the covid 19 pandemic i have only done about 1500 miles in the last year and this may have caused by some sort of carbon build up on a sensor and because the car is not getting good long drives and right up to temperature its not getting a change to burn it off. 

I do monitor the dpf and allow it to do its regen when required so it cant be this.

Hopefully will clear up when i use the car a bit more but has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for the reply's. I have checked the voltage of the battery this morning and it is showing only 12.1 volts which is only about 50% power so this is low for this battery. I think this is what the problem is. I will charge the battery up and see it that solves the problem.

Thanks again

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Donald1 said:

I will charge the battery up and see it that solves the problem.

Remember to connect the charger to the battery positive terminal ans IMPORTANTLY NOT the battery negative terminal but the tag on the body where the negative lead from the battery is connected (this is to avoid confusing the battery management system on the car).

1 hour ago, PetrolDave said:

Remember to connect the charger to the battery positive terminal ans IMPORTANTLY NOT the battery negative terminal but the tag on the body where the negative lead from the battery is connected (this is to avoid confusing the battery management system on the car).

This metal tab for clarity. 

IMG_20210214_124502.jpg

IMG_20210214_124456.jpg

• Like 2