Skoda Octavia Combi - LED Condense

Jabolko

Hello,

I am thinking about buying Octavia Combi 1.5 DSG and today was at local dealership. At first visit i noticed that rear left light has a little condensation but i didnt care too much.

At today's visit I checked my test car and both front lamps and right rear lamp had condensation. So i checked one more Octavia which was parked outside (-2 celsius) and it had the same problem. Condense and few water drops.

I asked guy at store if this is serial problem. He said no, it should go away in about one hour when you are driving, but in some cases they replaced headlamp in warranty.  I know that LED lamps doesn't provide much heat but still. At first i was thinking yea, i have bad luck but now i am thinking that you are lucky if you don't have problems.

Lamps were normal LED, not matrix LED.

Can i get some of feedback from owners? Have you noticed this problem? I am little scared that condense will get into electronics and yes... we know the rest :)

I have that issue...haven't had it from the start, but noticed it just recently. Yesterday my car was washed while being serviced at the dealers shop and i noticed the condensation inside the rear left direction light. I also had condensation in the front left light and fog light, but its gone now...

i hope this does not become another issue with my car :@

IMG_20210216_164111.jpg

IMG_20210113_125145.jpg

IMG_20210113_125151.jpg

well yeah, but the feeling is not good....i haven't had even one issue during 5 years of owning a PSA concern car with LED lights though...when i decided to buy Škoda i was reading about issue with condense on MK3 models and i was hoping this wont be an issue with MK4...

will keep monitoring :)

My Mark 3 F/L has a serious issue again and this is with a replacement headlight (replaced June 2019) I don't get this whole it's normal with LED lights our other two cars (2017 Mini Clubman Cooper S & 2018 Abarth 124 Spider) both have factory fit LED headlamps and neither exhibit any issues with condensation and they are kept in the same location - so if BMW Mini and Fiat can design an LED headlight which doesn't have this feature - why can't Skoda? 

• 1 month later...
On 16/02/2021 at 07:56, TheUltraRunner said:

This is normal. A lot of new cars with LED headlights have this "issue". BMW, VW, AUDI, RENAULT, etc. Until there are bigger drops of water in the light, warranty request (usually) won't go through.

My 2017 BMW X1 has LED rear lights and no condensation. Ever.

On 16/02/2021 at 20:36, TheUltraRunner said:

This is not an issue. This is normal with all led lights.

Don't agree - my BMW X1 has LEDs all round and no condensation/water. Water inside a lamp has to get in and can only do so if not sealed correctly. Once inside it can never really evpurite back out through a slighly leaking seal - so you're stuck.

5 hours ago, Woodgnome60 said:

Don't agree - my BMW X1 has LEDs all round and no condensation/water. Water inside a lamp has to get in and can only do so if not sealed correctly. Once inside it can never really evpurite back out through a slighly leaking seal - so you're stuck.

The water doesn't need to get in actually. It's called condensation.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

The condensation is water. If humid air is allowed to enter - when the temperature drops it condenses. If the lamp is air tight - no condensation. 

13 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

The water gets in in the relative humidity of the air. I.e. if the seal is not air tight - air gets in and when the temperature drops the water condenses - there is no longer enough energy for the air to hold the water it contains.

On 16/02/2021 at 20:46, Soko1982 said:

well yeah, but the feeling is not good....i haven't had even one issue during 5 years of owning a PSA concern car with LED lights though...when i decided to buy Škoda i was reading about issue with condense on MK3 models and i was hoping this wont be an issue with MK4...

will keep monitoring :)

If you're used to French build quality and reliability Skoda shouldn't be a problem.