Delivery times?

16 minutes ago, GiantKiwi said:

That's another VAG car brand though. 

Meanwhile the turn around on Toyota's is less than 4 months, and they can pin point the entire process down to the day.

The problem is most car manufacturers globally are experiencing long delays with uncertain delivery times or dates.

If Toyota are less than 4 months (and I don't think that is the case across the range when we were in the dealers looking for a car for the wife the other week), the response from most manufacturers would be to go to Toyota and get a car from them.

Personally speaking, do I want to wait for an unspecified time for the car I ordered to be manufactured and delivered? No 

Is there anything else out there that ticks all the boxes I want in a car for a comparative price? No 

Therefore my choice is do I go for a compromise vehicle sooner or wait for the car I really want? I did consider nearly new (Superb Sportline, Audi A4/6, BMW 5 series), but choice is also limited especially in the spec and options I want and most potentials from those cost over the £40k new list price barrier, and I'll be damned if I'm paying the government an additional £500 a year in tax for five years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiantKiwi said:

Meanwhile the turn around on Toyota's is less than 4 months, and they can pin point the entire process down to the day.

And Mini just shut down Oxford factory for a week. Everyone is struggling with supply shortages. 

Down here in south-eastern Europe, I know (directly or via friends) the waiting times for several different brands, both Asian and European... The shortest ones are about 4 months indeed, such as Kia, Renault and others - but it's model&factory dependent. However, NO dealer is offering a fixed and legally binding delivery term; they all admit delays are always possible.

Been informed today my VRS Estate - I ordered 2 weeks ago - Week 19 build (June 22) has been pushed back to Week 40 (November 22) and that VRS Hatchbacks have been pushed back to 52+ Weeks.

I spoke with another dealer about in stock ‘drops‘ but there are not many VRS models due to the SE L being more popular and makes them more money. Stocks are only made available on the day of the ‘drop’ so can’t guarantee any models or options etc.

I am currently car-less as I sold mine to take advantage if the higher used rates. I now can’t justify not having a car for the year rather than 3 months the dealer suggested.

17 hours ago, flyingscot said:

And Mini just shut down Oxford factory for a week. Everyone is struggling with supply shortages. 

No. Companies who had no foresight to plan a little more than JIT are having issues, those with foresight are not. I had a wizz round all the main japanese brands, and their order to delivery times are still at roughly pre-pandemic turnarounds.

13 minutes ago, GiantKiwi said:

No. Companies who had no foresight to plan a little more than JIT are having issues, those with foresight are not. I had a wizz round all the main japanese brands, and their order to delivery times are still at roughly pre-pandemic turnarounds.

Vauxhall are currently quoting 15 weeks on an Astra, which feels roughly pre-pandemic as well. I think it tended to be 12 weeks for most of their factory models that weren't stacked high stock motors. I had a bit of a grump at Skoda UK, basically laid out the fact it was ridiculous to be 4 months in and still not have a sniff of a production date with others on here quoting substantially longer waits.

Not that it is much use as they just responded with the stock "supply chain disruption" lines. But, it felt therapeutic atleast.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GiantKiwi said:

I had a wizz round all the main japanese brands, and their order to delivery times are still at roughly pre-pandemic turnarounds.

Unless you live in Japan and want a Land Cruiser when the wait is 4 YEARS

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/01/toyota-confirms-there-is-a-four-year-wait-list-for-the-land-cruiser-in-japan/

13 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Unless you live in Japan and want a Land Cruiser when the wait is 4 YEARS

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/01/toyota-confirms-there-is-a-four-year-wait-list-for-the-land-cruiser-in-japan/

To be fair the Land Cruiser is a very low volume seller, for the European market in total you are talking about 300-500 units a month. I would be far more worried if that was for the Yaris or Corolla. 

4 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

To be fair the Land Cruiser is a very low volume seller, for the European market in total you are talking about 300-500 units a month. I would be far more worried if that was for the Yaris or Corolla. 

Land Cruiser is also a VERY niche car.

12 hours ago, Richy59 said:

Been informed today my VRS Estate - I ordered 2 weeks ago - Week 19 build (June 22) has been pushed back to Week 40 (November 22) and that VRS Hatchbacks have been pushed back to 52+ Weeks.

I spoke with another dealer about in stock ‘drops‘ but there are not many VRS models due to the SE L being more popular and makes them more money. Stocks are only made available on the day of the ‘drop’ so can’t guarantee any models or options etc.

I am currently car-less as I sold mine to take advantage if the higher used rates. I now can’t justify not having a car for the year rather than 3 months the dealer suggested.

I've just checked https://www.marnet-mobility.de/aktuelle-lieferzeiten.html and the Octavia is gone up to 12 months for the VRS. 

I'm another that ordered a few weeks ago and was originally told July/Aug. I don't expect it until the new year now.

Ordered an Octavia Combi Dec '21 and originally told April/May '22 for delivery.

Latest from dealer is that they aren't taking any more orders now but from a couple of weeks ago they were giving delivery as August '22. 

Some logic given that I should expect mine before then but nothing overly confidence inspiring. 

Don't have the luxury of delaying the imminent arrival of baby Nr 2 in our house so going to have to look at a roof rack for the old VW golf 😫

5 minutes ago, PMacD said:

Ordered an Octavia Combi Dec '21 and originally told April/May '22 for delivery.

Latest from dealer is that they aren't taking any more orders now but from a couple of weeks ago they were giving delivery as August '22. 

Some logic given that I should expect mine before then but nothing overly confidence inspiring. 

Don't have the luxury of delaying the imminent arrival of baby Nr 2 in our house so going to have to look at a roof rack for the old VW golf 😫

Lol had the same issue when i had my golf with the second kid. It was not pleasant at all. Wish u well and a speedy delivery!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PMacD said:

to me you were conned into thinking you would get your car by then by your dealer ,who was not telling you the truth.

Hello there. Ordered my skoda Octavia 1,5mhev, dsg, ambition no extras in 2021 September, before the fire dealer told estimated time is april. I called to ask about fire, however they didn't have any additional information. Is it possible that i get my Octavia by begging of the summer? What's my odds, what do you think?

well my weekly update after numerous push backs,guess what another push back ,only a 7 day push back the shortest one up to now and delivery is 25 march 22.never ever again will i order a car off skoda.it has  cost me a small fortune by listening to lease company telling me i would have car 24 september last year. it is a complete disgrace and a massive cover up by the motoring magazines and the press.in the uk.shame on all of you for the not disclosing all of this.one very p?>>ed off person

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Semiconductor34 said:

Hello there. Ordered my skoda Octavia 1,5mhev, dsg, ambition no extras in 2021 September, before the fire dealer told estimated time is april. I called to ask about fire, however they didn't have any additional information. Is it possible that i get my Octavia by begging of the summer? What's my odds, what do you think?

i ordered my car 21 may and was told 24 september for delivery.dont believe anything what skoda say nothing but a bunch of lying b><ST:S.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

well my weekly update after numerous push backs,guess what another push back ,only a 7 day push back the shortest one up to now and delivery is 25 march 22.never ever again will i order a car off skoda.it has  cost me a small fortune by listening to lease company telling me i would have car 24 september last year. it is a complete disgrace and a massive cover up by the motoring magazines and the press.in the uk.shame on all of you for the not disclosing all of this.one very p?>>ed off person

If you order a car direct from a Skoda dealer then can blame Skoda

If you order a car from a third party (eg a lease Co) and they mess you about, then surely you should be naming and shaming your provider.  It is your suppliers responsibility to not to commit to things they have no control over.

You chose an unreliable lease Co, so why not start blaming the company your contract is with rather than the assembler of a product where you chose not to buy from.  If it is on the internet (see link) that Octavia lead time is 11-13 months, then your gripe should be to ask your supplier to give evidence that at the time you ordered, they could fulfil their quoted time.   

As for the motoring magazines, if they are running adverts from companies that are misleading then that is something for advertising watchdog, not a car owners forum.   Sounds to me you are angry, were gullible and misled by an iffy lease Co, and now just want a rant rather than targeting the source of who annoyed you.

https://www.marnet-mobility.de/aktuelle-lieferzeiten.html

Edited by SurreyJohn
Typo and punctuation correction

Fwiw it sounds like things are getting worse across the board again. I was in with my dad picking up his Kuga yesterday, asked the dealer principal about Focus ST lead times. Factory has told the dealers there is a pause on all new Fiesta and Focus orders for atleast the next month. Which is huge given they are two of the biggest sellers in the UK.

He was asking how I was getting on with the VRS order and said he'd heard from a number of customers and colleagues about issues with basically all the manufacturers becoming worse since Christmas. Volvo seemingly being the worst for promising the world and messing people around.

Sadly as customers we just need to ride it out as the issue is out of our and the dealer networks control, on this experience I will be looking to place an order to change in year 2 when it finally arrives. Very much going to be a long term issue.

The odd cathartic scream or late night B Road blast does help with the blood pressure.

7 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

If you order a car direct from a Skoda dealer then can blame Skoda

If you order a car from a third party (eg a lease Co) and they mess you about, then surely you should be naming and shaming your provider.  It is your suppliers responsibility to not to commit to things they have no control over.

You chose an unreliable lease Co, so why not start blaming the company your contract is with rather than the assembler of a product where you chose not to buy from.  If it is on the internet (see link) that Octavia lead time is 11-13 months, then your gripe should be to ask your supplier to give evidence that at the time you ordered, they could fulfil their quoted time.   

As for the motoring magazines, if they are running adverts from companies that are misleading then that is something for advertising watchdog, not a car owners forum.   Sounds to me you are angry, were gullible and misled by an iffy lease Co, and now just want a rant rather than targeting the source of who annoyed you.

https://www.marnet-mobility.de/aktuelle-lieferzeiten.html

yes i understand that but it went through with skoda finance,so to me it is skodas fault for not letting anybody know what in hells name is going on.

15 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

yes i understand that but it went through with skoda finance,so to me it is skodas fault for not letting anybody know what in hells name is going on.

i think you ordered at the worst time, a time when parts shortages where at there worst,  if you had ordered later, you would probably have the car by now.

and maybe you have been  unlucky a 2nd time, with the fire causing more shortages

when i ordered i knew there would be a slight delay.then the sith hit the fan and all the stories came out about the problems.i know the car is built 3 weeks ago and were awaiting parts.so delivery was pushed back 2 weeks.on friday another push back by a week,so delivery due 25 march,i hope.

On 23/02/2022 at 15:56, GiantKiwi said:

Is this 4 months by experience or dealer talk?

Also Toyota doesn't offer much wanted cars at the moment IMO. Not much PHEV's for everyday use (Prius is small) and first EV is still coming. 

Also this ordering process varies much per dealer. Looks like there is alot of difference in Skoda dealers. Some of you have no information about the car, and some have. There's alot of Skoda's ordered. I bet that with larger dealers the order book is quite big, and reporting everything to customers would definetely require more workers to keep track of them all.

• Like 1