Delivery times?

Just received, out of the blue, the updated lease documents for signing. Glad we stuck to the order, in terms of cost it's a good deal and a damn sight cheaper than most other leases now available.

Car is: Brilliant Silver OCTAVIA Estate 1.4TSI IV SE L DSG (Hybrid)

Ordered: Sep 21
UK Registration date: 29/05/23

Delivery should be at the beginning of next month barring any delays.

• Like 4

Another update from the leasing company dealing with my company car order.

Octavia vRS iV Estate (no options). Ordered November 2021.

ETA is now January 2024 with still no confirmed build date.

Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, P100HP said:

Another update from the leasing company dealing with my company car order.

Octavia vRS iV Estate (no options). Ordered November 2021.

ETA is now January 2024 with still no confirmed build date.

Unbelievable.

I feel your pain...
My Octavia VRS iV Hatch was ordered Sept 21 and still no build date...

The lease company are next to useless, The dealer goes 'sorry I can't tell you anything as I'm in the dark too'
Skoda UK say talk to the dealer

Skoda CZ say talk to the Skoda UK/Dealer

I'm at a loss what to do next

• Like 1

Re the above few posts, I am in a similar position. VRS iV Estate ordered Sept 21, current eta via my work lease company is Sept 23. 

I gave up speaking to the lease company as I may as well have been talking to my kettle for all the use they were. Tried the dealer who were also absolutely useless and seemed to not give a toss. 

Complained to Skoda UK, who initially fobbed me off with a generic “congratulations on the purchase of your new car” e mail. I have persevered and am now at least being told my car has an assigned build week of end of May. That’ll probably change but at least I’m getting some sort of useful info. 

I would have cancelled my order ages ago but the list of alternatives is tiny now and prices have gone up so much that I’m sticking to my guns to hopefully get the car I wanted at the price that suited me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, toot said:

@P100HPThat really is unbelievable if they are serious.

You were going to lease a MY22 Octavia and may get a MY24 one.

?

What is the difference in the cost of leasing from the time of ordering in 2021 to the possible delivery date? 

Not sure. Its a company car order so no idea what the costs are.

• Thanks 1

Even when you car is built it sits in port for ages. MY car was built 19th April when it was listed at Emden code 39 released for transport. its still there. Skoda can't build em, skoda can;t ship em. Shambles.

• Confused 1
  • Crying 1

18 hours ago, Dillers said:

Re the above few posts, I am in a similar position. VRS iV Estate ordered Sept 21, current eta via my work lease company is Sept 23. 

I gave up speaking to the lease company as I may as well have been talking to my kettle for all the use they were. Tried the dealer who were also absolutely useless and seemed to not give a toss. 

Complained to Skoda UK, who initially fobbed me off with a generic “congratulations on the purchase of your new car” e mail. I have persevered and am now at least being told my car has an assigned build week of end of May. That’ll probably change but at least I’m getting some sort of useful info. 

I would have cancelled my order ages ago but the list of alternatives is tiny now and prices have gone up so much that I’m sticking to my guns to hopefully get the car I wanted at the price that suited me. 

Mine E-Tec sedan is ordered dec. 21 and it's a leasing car, but ordered direct via Finnish Skoda dealer. I'm in a same boat. Prices was risen too much to change to something else. If I would have known this 7-8 months ago, I would have cancelled my order an take new VW Tiguan with lots of extras - there were many back then all ready in dealers stock here.

47 minutes ago, richard12345 said:

Which model have you ordered?

I'm from the Netherlands and order the 1.0 mhev model in business plus edition. Not sure where to compare it with in the UK but in the Netherlands it is the most luxurious model at the moment.

• Like 1

The car has raised 5000euro in price and because is a lease the extra price is for me. Model changes... I'm not sure.. been so long that I ordered the car that I do not know the original option anymore.

As a last ditch effort I have written to the head of Skoda UK, Matthew Bowden, and posted it off to their head office.

I doubt it will make and difference, but hopefully it will highlight the reality of some customers 'experience' with the brand.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, P100HP said:

As a last ditch effort I have written to the head of Skoda UK, Matthew Bowden, and posted it off to their head office.

I doubt it will make and difference, but hopefully it will highlight the reality of some customers 'experience' with the brand.

Been there done that. My car is built awaiting a ship to the uk. Supposedly. Good luck. 

• Like 3

So, hello all,

Took delivery of  the new O4 on Friday. Car was ordered in March 2022 and arrived at the dealer at the end of March this year. 

Now, I noticed a few inconsistencies when comparing the delivered vehicle with the order.

- I got three spare keys instead of two

- I got a full size spare weel, not the temporary one that was adverized

- I managed to activate some online services via the Skoda essentials app, free of charge, that were not initially advertised in the Skoda connect package 

- The phone holder within the Skoda clever package was missing, but got the tablet holder - the dealer ordered one free of charge

- the pen/straw clip that was integrated in the rear cup holder space is missing - I guess they are cutting corners and simplifying production.

- the android skoda essentials is rubbish - at the dealer we had to resort to the web application in order to finalize/activate the account.

- the same app works flawlessly (so far) on IOS - I have both, so I can tell

- cannot edit the service country - it so happens that I was in Germany when I created my Skoda Account - the country was saved automatically as being DE - now I cannot change and cannot choose a local service, although they show on yhe map.

Good luck to all those still having to wait...

5 hours ago, OftiK said:

So, hello all,

Took delivery of  the new O4 on Friday. Car was ordered in March 2022 and arrived at the dealer at the end of March this year. 

Now, I noticed a few inconsistencies when comparing the delivered vehicle with the order.

- I got three spare keys instead of two

- I got a full size spare weel, not the temporary one that was adverized

- I managed to activate some online services via the Skoda essentials app, free of charge, that were not initially advertised in the Skoda connect package 

- The phone holder within the Skoda clever package was missing, but got the tablet holder - the dealer ordered one free of charge

- the pen/straw clip that was integrated in the rear cup holder space is missing - I guess they are cutting corners and simplifying production.

- the android skoda essentials is rubbish - at the dealer we had to resort to the web application in order to finalize/activate the account.

- the same app works flawlessly (so far) on IOS - I have both, so I can tell

- cannot edit the service country - it so happens that I was in Germany when I created my Skoda Account - the country was saved automatically as being DE - now I cannot change and cannot choose a local service, although they show on yhe map.

Good luck to all those still having to wait...

Interesting outcome. So you got 4 keys?? I was surprised to get 3, all my previous cars came with 2 keys but this is my first Skoda...  

I'd like to remove the ugly phone holder from back of the font seat but can't seem to remove the headrest, so looks like I'm stuck with it. I rarely carry anyone in the back who 'needs' to use their phone on the move.

The real bonus is your full size spare wheel!! 

9 hours ago, SouthernComfort said:

I'd like to remove the ugly phone holder from back of the font seat but can't seem to remove the headrest, so looks like I'm stuck with it. I rarely carry anyone in the back who 'needs' to use their phone on the move.

Does the O4 have same hidden headrest release button as other VW group cars.  About 50-60mm down from top of seat, in centre at back of seat (sit on back seat and you will be facing it), but it is under seat fabric, so just press there until you find it, using other hand to lift headrest.

16 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

Does the O4 have same hidden headrest release button as other VW group cars.  About 50-60mm down from top of seat, in centre at back of seat (sit on back seat and you will be facing it), but it is under seat fabric, so just press there until you find it, using other hand to lift headrest.

Thanks for the tip, I tried it but no button there unfortunately.

On 05/05/2023 at 11:32, BrendasLad said:

Is it still the case that quotations given a year or more ago are being honoured in spite of subsequent price rises and possible model changes?

I ordered my car aug 21 and the price I paid in oct 22 was the same, even though it has gone up a few times in between.

On 08/05/2023 at 01:03, SouthernComfort said:

Interesting outcome. So you got 4 keys?? I was surprised to get 3, all my previous cars came with 2 keys but this is my first Skoda...  

I stand corrected. I got 3 keys. The regular, the spare and a second spare that turns out to be part of the "clever" package. So not actually an unexpected bonus...

• Like 1

Finally some good news, if I can trust them. E-Tec sedan ordered 12/21 had unconfirmed build week 15, but heard nothing since monday, then I got a mail from my dealer. Saying that confirmed build week is week 20 (next week).

If so, I might get my car by the end on june.

• Like 3

Hi all.

Have a Octavia SEL iV Phev on order since April 2022 through a leasing company. They are still telling me early June but from looking on the spreadsheet here that might be a bit optimistic 😞

On 13/04/2023 at 13:56, Thomasvrsdsgtdi said:

Ordered November 22

Arrived April 23

Delivery soon 

Can't come quick enough , went from a mk3 vrs to a vw arteon shooting brake , worst decision I ever made but back in a vrs shortly .

IMG-20230412-WA0015.jpg

Congrats! :D What kind of tires did you get?