Delivery times?

15 hours ago, PoloGaz said:

Congrats mate!

Skoda rang me this week. Whenever they ring I assume it’s about the order. It wasn’t. They wanted to sell me an extended warranty for my outgoing kodiaq!! Bit cheeky as I had to pay out for a faulty washer pump just out of warranty. 🤬 have ordered my new one with a 5 year warranty

Strange the different warranties you get in different countries. No problems with the car thus far but I do find the suspension harsh compared to my 20 year old focus estate. Been a blooming good car that and nice to drive. Keep enquiring about the status of your new car, it may come sooner. 

Got an email from the dealer. My 1.5 TSI e-TEC with a lot of extras, ordered 12/21 is in destination harbor waiting to be transported to dealer. So pickup will be maybe friday, saturday.

• Like 4

Seems things are starting to move now, apparently my car is built and awaiting shipping to the UK.
I’m well aware that it may still take some time for this to happen, but at least they’ve built the ****ing thing now! (Octavia VRS IV Estate ordered Sept 2021). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dillers said:

Seems things are starting to move now, apparently my car is built and awaiting shipping to the UK.
I’m well aware that it may still take some time for this to happen, but at least they’ve built the ****ing thing now! (Octavia VRS IV Estate ordered Sept 2021). 

Still no dickie bird on my VRS IV Hatch [also ordered Sept 21]

• Groan 2

My order for Octavia VRS IV estate with many extras, was placed Mid September 2020 and they still can't give me a delivery date, spoke to Skoda UK, which was not very helpful and was told it is the dealers responsibility to speak with factory for lead times, was last told delivery could be early 2024 but not guaranteed. 

• Confused 1
  • Groan 1

3 minutes ago, CaptainC said:

My order for Octavia VRS IV estate with many extras, was placed Mid September 2020 and they still can't give me a delivery date, spoke to Skoda UK, which was not very helpful and was told it is the dealers responsibility to speak with factory for lead times, was last told delivery could be early 2024 but not guaranteed. 

Dreadful.  write to the director Skoda uk personally. Every Skoda advertisement or post on social media poor scorn and highlight your experience time and time again. Tell potential customers to think carefully before ordering and highlight you are not an isolated case. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, CaptainC said:

Just heard from zenith my lease company ....for my VRS IV ordered Sept 2021- the laughable thing is I'm going to retire in March 24 :)

I have had a return call from the dealership who have advised there are still significant delays with this vehicles manufacturing meaning your vehicle is now going to be built as a 2024 model (no change to specification or price), meaning they expect the vehicle to be delivered between September 2023 and March 2024 (2024 plate). There is still no build slot secured I am afraid.

Sorry I am unable to deliver more positive news.

• Groan 2

Thought I'd put my 'twopenneth' in.

Ordered a Skoda Vrs Hybrid with lots of extras in January 2022. In part exchange of our Kodiaq (that is just turned 4 years old). 

No updates whatsoever for build dates. Had to re-finance the Kodiaq and now having to foot the bill of a 4 year service. 

In the last 20 years we have never had a car for more than 3 years so never had to MOT a car and never had to pay for a service outside the service plan. 

Really not a happy Bunny! 

• Groan 1

1 minute ago, Leaine said:

Ordered a Skoda Vrs Hybrid with lots of extras in January 2022. In part exchange of our Kodiaq (that is just turned 4 years old). 

No updates whatsoever for build dates. Had to re-finance the Kodiaq and now having to foot the bill of a 4 year service. 

In the last 20 years we have never had a car for more than 3 years so never had to MOT a car and never had to pay for a service outside the service plan. 

I feel your pain
its just so annoying that they are not honest and just keep you in the dark 

• Crying 1

On 13/06/2023 at 13:53, Leaine said:

Got a email reply from dealer today, with the same old message, no news here will let you know when we know. 

I have asked this question below and can not get a answer for it.

If any Octavia's are coming out of the  factory how long did it take for these to be built ? 

3 hours ago, CaptainC said:

Got a email reply from dealer today, with the same old message, no news here will let you know when we know. 

If any Octavia's are coming out of the  factory how long did it take for these to be built ? 

Order my 2.0TDi VRS in Graphite Grey with a spare wheel and rear wiper. Ordered in mid March 2023 and advised 26 week wait.

Dealer advised me this week that the car has been built and landed at the Port of Grimsby. Should get it in the next couple of weeks

47 minutes ago, Bob5763 said:

Garage said that Skoda are probably trying to get orders directly from dealers and Motability completed as a priority over those with leasing companies

Mine isn't a lease. We're buying outright.

50 minutes ago, Bob5763 said:

Order my 2.0TDi VRS in Graphite Grey with a spare wheel and rear wiper. Ordered in mid March 2023 and advised 26 week wait.

Dealer advised me this week that the car has been built and landed at the Port of Grimsby. Should get it in the next couple of weeks

I think its more a problem with the plug in hybrids.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaptainC said:

Depends on what you’ve ordered. Definitely seems to be the case that the hybrids are having the longest waiting times. I ordered mine in Sept 21 and have only just been told it’s waiting to ship. Apparently they only started making it w/c 28th May😂 

Of course the big issue is that you can’t seem to trust a word that Skoda say, a lot of the time it just appears to be pot luck. All I would say is that you should go directly to Skoda and kick up as much fuss on as many channels as you can, at least then they seem to engage with you a bit. 

16 hours ago, CaptainC said:

Problably there are different factors into play

1. Car was ordered after Jan/February 2022
It seems (based on other similar experiences from people I know directly) Skoda only confirms entry into production AFTER all components for the build are on stock
I ordered the car in March 2022, had an initial (unconfirmed) build date w20/23, then w26/23, just to receive info that it entered production in February 2023.

The car was ready for shipment by the 1st of March, when I got notified by the dealer, so I would say that, once approved for NEW production (not finishing of an older incomplete build), it shouldn't take more than 3-4 weeks;
Shipment to ROU took another 18 days or so , the car was at the dealer by the 20th of March
It also looks like the less extras - or at least, the closer the order is to the standard trim specs, the faster the build - as you can see we have fortunate owners getting their cars ordered this year under 5 months...

2. car is part of the horrendous backlog from the second half of 2021 (with order dates from that time)

- standard ICE cars have delivery after some 14-15 months so (I have 2 acquaintances that ordered standard trims in September 21 and got the car in January and February this year, respectively) 

- electrified ones or cars that have a plethora of options have the longest delays

Edited by OftiK
  • Like 1

Confirmation from Skoda that my car is on a ship heading to the UK. Not sure how long it’ll take once it hits the UK, but assuming a week or two then it’ll be just shy of 20 months since I ordered it. 

52 minutes ago, Dillers said:

Confirmation from Skoda that my car is on a ship heading to the UK. Not sure how long it’ll take once it hits the UK, but assuming a week or two then it’ll be just shy of 20 months since I ordered it. 

What did you order? I'm guessing it wasn't a PHEV?

15 minutes ago, richard12345 said:

What did you order? I'm guessing it wasn't a PHEV?

Yep, VRS iV Estate with no extras. Ordered Sept 2021. 

Company car so ordered via a lease company, probably a coincidence but ever since I cut them out of the loop and went direct to Skoda things seem to have moved quicker. 

16 hours ago, Dillers said:

Yep, VRS iV Estate with no extras. Ordered Sept 2021. 

Company car so ordered via a lease company, probably a coincidence but ever since I cut them out of the loop and went direct to Skoda things seem to have moved quicker. 

Sept 21  snap other than I ordered the hatch with a few options
My lease company is zenith [who have not helped], the garage is Aldershot who just say 'Sorry I don't know anything else' and Skoda UK say contact the dealer aargh