Delivery times?

Well I think the main dealer in Slovenia had some other priorities and deliveries that had to be pushed in front of everybody…I’m driving daily by verovškova and there were at least 30 fully equipped police octavias delivered at once and sitting on a parking lot for 14 days before they were collected. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Groan 1

26 minutes ago, Dado82 said:

Well I think the main dealer in Slovenia had some other priorities and deliveries that had to be pushed in front of everybody…I’m driving daily by verovškova and there were at least 30 fully equipped police octavias delivered at once and sitting on a parking lot for 14 days before they were collected. 🤷🏻‍♂️

They sure had a delivery date in contract that couldn’t be stretched as ours?

57 minutes ago, Ajdolin said:

Ok, I was asked but declined. Apparently the thing stalling the production was my premium safety package with blind spot detection, but I also have dsg. Didn’t want to change anything as it wouldn’t guarantee to have my car sooner.

I have those too. So does my coworker, who already has the car. :)

• Groan 1

1 hour ago, MaximusMeridius said:

I have those too. So does my coworker, who already has the car. :)

Maybe their car was the last one they had the parts for a particular option and they ran out for yours. 

On 28/02/2022 at 16:24, DNC said:

My car ordered in early July was build week 6 and was showing as completed, with no parts missing at the start of week 7. Apparently it was sitting in the compound ready for transport. On Saturday, it was still showing as waiting for transport!!! 🤬

By contrast my wife's Skala Monte Carlo ordered in November was build week 9. It was showing as built at the end of week 7 and it's now in the UK apparently!!!! 🤯

The whole situation gets worse! As per the above, I was told that my car was complete!  Now and only following a complaint to Skoda UK, it would appear that my car is in fact missing one part!  Unfortunately Skoda UK have no idea as to what part is missing!!! 

I then received a letter (stock format) saying sorry for the delays caused by Covid and Semiconductors, however now we're blaming war in the Ukraine! It would appear that it's never the fault of VAG as an organisation!  

3 hours ago, MiniNinjaRob said:

Maybe their car was the last one they had the parts for a particular option and they ran out for yours. 

Maybe they ran out of common sense? If I ordered end of August and coworker ordered end of October, that shouldn't happen. 

Has anyone got some real information about the "in production" time? Usually i think they make a car in one day. 

Mine has been "in production" for 4 weeks. We all know that most likely being delayed for obvious reasons, but is there a slight change that the status has not just been updated? Could it be done, even if my dealer says "still in production"? 

do not believe a word off skoda,in the days gone by you ordered your car and when it was built you got it.now in skodas world it does not apply they do not give a dam about dates.we all read people putting orders for cars and awaiting a year or more for cars.yet some people order .. a car and get them in a matter of months.can i ask anyone on here  is this fair?we hear a shortage of micro chips then it has gone to door panels due to the fire.now it has gone to the war with russia and unkraine.are they not looking to blame every but themselves in the complete shambles of a company.where or should i say is the public relations in telling people what in hells name going on>in my case if i get my car on 08/04/22 it will make it 46 weeks ,original date was 24 september 2021.i dont mind waiting as long it applies to everyone.yet in  skodas world it does nor apply.it looks like they are immune to any flak or just ignores everyone concerns.goodnight

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ajdolin said:

They sure had a delivery date in contract that couldn’t be stretched as ours?

yeah you are correct 400 car's as far i know was order directly to over importer company. and main dealer so yeah just i think this could only efect delivery of sedan's and not so much station wagon.

i hope hehe i am waiting on station wagon ;)

5 hours ago, Matej10 said:

yeah you are correct 400 car's as far i know was order directly to over importer company. and main dealer so yeah just i think this could only efect delivery of sedan's and not so much station wagon.

i hope hehe i am waiting on station wagon ;)

Useless police again creating more problems than solutions for honest people of Slovenia. Why don't they go back on foot writing fines to people eating on the street, like idiots they are. But no, they get rewarded with new cars with our money.

• Like 1
  • Groan 1

Here we can't complain about local police (at least on the car delivery competition 😉 ), since most of their new cars are Dacia. They had quite a big contract with VW, but that was some years ago, when life was good, we had no chip-shortage, no pandemic, no freakin' war...

26 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

Here we can't complain about local police (at least on the car delivery competition 😉 ), since most of their new cars are Dacia. They had quite a big contract with VW, but that was some years ago, when life was good, we had no chip-shortage, no pandemic, no freakin' war...

Realy Dacia this is worse than in Slovenia they got Toyota's because Skoda could not delivery on the dead line. hehe

like few months ago they got VRS model and they are just like normal car with out any police sticker on it.

hope that this will be soon as was and we will get over cars.

20 minutes ago, Matej10 said:

Realy Dacia this is worse than in Slovenia they got Toyota's because Skoda could not delivery on the dead line. hehe

like few months ago they got VRS model and they are just like normal car with out any police sticker on it.

hope that this will be soon as was and we will get over cars.

Things are really starting to get worse. If you check the news, China is having new lockdowns due to new covid variant, so another rupture of supply chains, production of the neon gas dropped 50% because of the war in Ukraine - we are far from getting things back to normal I’m afraid…

• Crying 3

On 13/03/2022 at 16:53, MaximusMeridius said:

Maybe they ran out of common sense? If I ordered end of August and coworker ordered end of October, that shouldn't happen. 

Well whatcha going to do? Continuing to complain and badmouth Skoda and their dealers doesn’t seem to work for anyone. 

Maybe just accepting it and waiting patiently is the next step. 😂😂

• Love it! 1

1 hour ago, Ajdolin said:

So, anyone looking for a car in stock? Or are we going to keep on waiting?

There is no Skoda stock, at least not in this price range. Company policy does not allow other brands, so I am going to wait and keep complaining anywhere I can. :)

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

There is no Skoda stock, at least not in this price range. Company policy does not allow other brands, so I am going to wait and keep complaining anywhere I can. :)

Yes, the stock is quite limited everywhere, not just at Skoda. 

Just to confirm, there is stock of Octavias in the UK at least. Today I received my VRS Estate which came into stock last week, and I managed to grab two weeks ago. I had an order in initially for July, then moved to November and now has no date due to delays. At the same time one become available in stock at my dealer so I went for it. Missing some options, but I’m just glad to have the car I wanted.

When I was in the garage a few weeks

ago discussing with my dealer he showed me the stock ‘drop’ they received and it had many Octavia Hatch and Estates available to buy. Most of them were SE L models.

Here in Australia it is similar. If you are prepared to take a stock model there are 102 to choose from: https://stock-cars.skoda-auto.com/959/en-AU/?state=OK&aid=zu6di518-t05t-kjlu-u64l-owbqpwe2jray&or=www.google.com&step=filters&ModelFamily=NX_2021.

There are even 40 vRS models, 37 of which are wagons, like mine.

I see that some of them are demos, and unlike the situation a year ago, the demos are selling at a significant discount compared to the new cars.

For a brief amount of time there were several Octavias on stock here too. But there's a major downside for someone who ordered the car at least six months ago - the price increase. Last month there was a similar Octy to the one that I configured, but the price difference was huge, somewhere close to 20%. It had a few options I didn't want for myself, but still the price difference was too much. As long as my old car still runs, I can wait; however, the delay is still annoying...

According to Autotrader, there are 89 brand new Octavia being advertised, and another 23 almost new with under 500 miles.

So appears cars are available, but clearly that is less than one per dealer, so not going to get a good choice or discount.