Rear view mirror ambient lights

I drove a Karoq not long ago and noticed the rear view mirror had the two ambient lights pointing down.

Has anyone put one of these in the Superb and was it plug and play?

Admittedly I can’t remember if the Superb has this already, I could go outside but it’s at least 3meters away 😆

i believe they're known as "cat-eyes".

my Superb's rearview mirror doesn't have ambient lights, nor have i noticed it on other Superbs, or Skoda Models.

Had a look, there’s a lot of different versions of rear view mirrors and not clear what’s what, so i’ll ask on the karoq forum to see if someone can give me the p/n.

Either way some of them look expensive, one of them is £398 alone :o 

7 minutes ago, Danoid said:

Had a look, there’s a lot of different versions of rear view mirrors and not clear what’s what, so i’ll ask on the karoq forum to see if someone can give me the p/n.

Either way some of them look expensive, one of them is £398 alone :o 

It'll be interesting to see if this is an option! I had a Mk3 Octy vRS which had them and I quite liked the look when driving at night.  It's not a necessity to have in my Mk3 Superb but it would be nice to have, even if I have DSG and have no reason to be looking at the gear stick area 😂 

8 minutes ago, PhilDigs6259 said:

It'll be interesting to see if this is an option! I had a Mk3 Octy vRS which had them and I quite liked the look when driving at night.  It's not a necessity to have in my Mk3 Superb but it would be nice to have, even if I have DSG and have no reason to be looking at the gear stick area 😂 

Haha I’ve got DSG too but love the idea of it. I wanted to install the W8 Passat rear view mirror as that had the down lights on my old Passat but wasn’t plug and play so gave up in the end.

No doubt this will be plug and play but £398 is game over for me

Edited by Danoid

On 25/02/2021 at 11:07, PhilDigs6259 said:

<SNIP> I have DSG and have no reason to be looking at the gear stick area 😂 

I drive a manual and never look at the gearstick area, the stick is always there even in the dark ;)  I think the light is for the cubbyholes.

On 28/02/2021 at 18:54, Danoid said:

I asked in the Karoq section and the lights are in the overhead interior light section and not the rear view mirror where I thought :( 

That's where they were in my mk3 octy; 2 little holes with bulbs in near the front spotlights. I'm guessing the housing is going to be different for the karoq and the superb so not a swap job either.