Trip Planner - Send to Vehicle issue

StephenP

1 minute ago, CJJE said:

...... (For some reason I then have to enter a new name for the destination rather than it just using the one it showed in the message!)

I think by entering a proper name for the destination that over rides the stupid Lat/Long names given by the satnav so looking later at previous destinations you actually know where you went!

The factory have finally confirmed that using contacts from the connected phone (via bluetooth), the Invalid Destination error is because the developers of the MIB3 failed to consider the UK post codes which go at the end of an address rather than the EU method of somewhere in the middle of the address.

Yes I understand that, but when I search for a location using Google Maps on my phone, and share that with Skoda Connect, the message in the car identifies the location by the name in Google maps. There may well be lat/long coords hidden in the data sent to the car as well, but it did receive a location with the correct name.  

It is presumably the same as searching for the location by name on the Amundsen, and hoping it has it available as a POI, but in practice a lot quicker :) 

Chris 

• 2 months later...
On 05/05/2021 at 21:31, stewartv said:

Out of curiosity, have you tried selecting a destination from the contacts menu option when your phone is connected via bluetooth?

You can not select a destination from phone contacts. This has been confirmed by Skoda.

I believe rather optimistically that Skoda may be working on a fix as I escalated this as far as I could with Skoda head office. 

I think it is related to the post code issue not recognising uk addresses but simply lat/long.

I’ve tried this twice recently and neither time did it appear on the entertainment screen at all.. However on One or two previous occasions, it did appear more or less instantly . Unless it works instantly and consistently  it’s not really worth having imo

12 hours ago, mistac said:

I’ve tried this twice recently and neither time did it appear on the entertainment screen at all.. However on One or two previous occasions, it did appear more or less instantly . Unless it works instantly and consistently  it’s not really worth having imo

Works every time for me.

1 hour ago, pragmatix said:

Works every time for me.

The App version does indeed work every time. This also implies you are happy to pay Skoda for the connect services every year.

The function which does NOT work is selecting a contact from the connected phone (bluetooth) address book which is what Skoda have acknowledged does not work and are hopefully working on a fix,

• 1 month later...

I have a Skoda Kamiq purchased new February 2021.

Initially the  sending destination via MySkoda worked fine from my mobile and laptop. However, it soon started to play up, sometimes working sometimes appearing when I had actually reached the destination, and now not at all.

I have been in touch with technical services many times who were not able to resolve the problem.

It does seem like pot luck your car either works fine or has the problem.

Sending destinations, one at a time, works. Unfortunately bespoke routes are still not available to set on the app or web, or to save in the car. This feature was lost from MIB2. Progress backwards.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have just picked up a new (built Dec 2022) Kamiq.

Very pleased with it, however this car is exhibiting the same problems as my previous Kamiq MY2021 in that the navigation destination is not being received by the car despite portal confirming it has.

I contacted Skoda Technical Support in 2021 but they could not solve it at that time.

I've contacted them again this week and am waiting for a fix.

I know it's not a major issue but It seems incredible that such a large organisation such as VAG cannot fix this.

Has anyone else out there ha d a similar experience.

59 minutes ago, GrantRWilson said:

Hi,

I have just picked up a new (built Dec 2022) Kamiq.

Very pleased with it, however this car is exhibiting the same problems as my previous Kamiq MY2021 in that the navigation destination is not being received by the car despite portal confirming it has.

I contacted Skoda Technical Support in 2021 but they could not solve it at that time.

I've contacted them again this week and am waiting for a fix.

I know it's not a major issue but It seems incredible that such a large organisation such as VAG cannot fix this.

I can recommend Android Auto which I now use 99% of the time. (or Apple CarPlay?)

I look at a route before setting off and whatever I looked at pops up on the head unit. Works well for me.

2 hours ago, GrantRWilson said:

Me.

The car's a 2021 Karoq 2.0TSI with an Amundsen MIB3. It's never worked.

Not once.

I've tried sending a destination from both the portal and the app; I've checked and re-checked all the privacy settings umpteen times to make sure the little man in the black hat isn't stopping it working, but he isn't.

I've spoken to customer services too. They've been tremendously sympathetic; gave me my own case number and everything. They even elevated it to the boffins at the factory (at least that's what they said they'd done) and followed it up with several requests for me to twiddle a knob and try it with a different setting on something or other. They said to try it on a Thursday afternoon with the ignition on; on a rainy day with the ignition off; with the bonnet slightly open and a gentle breeze blowing from the south west; with me wearing rubber-soled shoes and again with no loose change in my trouser pockets.

They even asked if I had a dog, though I'm not quite sure why that might have made a difference.

I did everything they asked, including not having had any solid food for eight hours before trying again.

All to no avail. The contacts with customer services became sporadic. Desultory, even.

They plumb ran out of ideas.

I gave up in the end. Life is too short.

These days I just have a look at my twenty year-old map book and make mental notes, reassuring myself that if I forget the mental notes I can always stop, roll the window down and ask somebody when I get somewhere near.

Just like we used to in the previous century.

I can forgive the car its occasional navigation-related quirk, because otherwise it's the dog's doodahs.

Your car stereo was put under the influence of a curse by the man/woman at the factory who installed it. 

They do it for fun sometimes because the job is so boring and low paid.

My sister told me that when she was a teenager (and for a summer job) she used to work in the factory that made evil knievels. Every hundred or so that went past this bloke's workstation (who sat near her) would have a rivet put right through his head, just to cheer some poor child up on Christmas day.   I guess he had to get his kicks somewhere.

😆