Send a journey to a MY21 Kodiak (SEL model)

26 minutes ago, Billywizzo said:

Went out to the car today and when I started it it had message about a destination I had sent to it with the option to cancel or use it.

It was one I had sent a week ago to see if it was working but it didn't show up then, but it did today.

When I got where I was going today, I sent another destination to the car from the app and when I got to the car it was on the screen so it looks like it works now, at least for my car.

Not had any notifications of any updates to the car recently.

IMG_5173.JPG

Same happened to me over the weekend. 

Only other thing that happened was an update to Skoda Connect App on phone. 

I wonder if the update addresses sending routes via cloud? 

If so, what else is on the horizon to start working, I wonder? 

I believe Skoda Connect had some issues. For a week or so I could only see LTE and tthe Earth ball on the top of the screen. The car symbol was gone. It came back few days ago.

My app last updated on the 17th March so not sure if that makes a difference, but whatever has happened, hopefully it will make setting a destination on the built in satnav much easier now.

Fingers crossed this is a sign that they may have corrected the problem.  I'm still waiting to hear from them regarding my complaint a few weeks ago.  I now have another complaint for them to sort out as the app on my phone has lost my car and won't allow me to re-register it.  Hopefully they won't be to long and I can have another attempt at loading a route.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stratton said:

Fingers crossed this is a sign that they may have corrected the problem.  I'm still waiting to hear from them regarding my complaint a few weeks ago.  I now have another complaint for them to sort out as the app on my phone has lost my car and won't allow me to re-register it.  Hopefully they won't be to long and I can have another attempt at loading a route.

That happens to me sometimes. Logging out of the app and back in again always fixes it

23 hours ago, KeithOwen said:

That happens to me sometimes. Logging out of the app and back in again always fixes it

Thanks for responding to my problem.  Do you mean that I should uninstall the app and then re-install it?

Just now, Stratton said:

Thanks for responding to my problem.  Do you mean that I should uninstall the app and then re-install it?

I haven't found it necessary to uninstall. Just log out and then log back in

2 hours ago, KeithOwen said:

I haven't found it necessary to uninstall. Just log out and then log back in

Thanks again.  That was an easy fix, MySkoda App is now functioning.  Now I will try sending a route to the car which hopefully will now be working.  It'll be interesting to see how long I have to wait for Skoda Customer Service to get to me, I had an email yesterday morning saying that they were arranging for someone to assist!

Just now, Stratton said:

Thanks again.  That was an easy fix, MySkoda App is now functioning.  Now I will try sending a route to the car which hopefully will now be working.  It'll be interesting to see how long I have to wait for Skoda Customer Service to get to me, I had an email yesterday morning saying that they were arranging for someone to assist!

I'm glad it worked!

12 hours ago, Stratton said:

Did you try sending a journey from the Skoda Connect app to your vehicle?
Success?

1 hour ago, tuttiweb1 said:

Did you try sending a journey from the Skoda Connect app to your vehicle?
Success?

Yes, very happy now. With Keith Owens assistance I was able to use the app now that it recognised my car.  I loaded a "test" route and downloaded it from the phone last night.  It showed up on the infotainment unit this morning.  It offers 3 options - Cancel, Save or Show.  Little bit annoying to have to give it a name again to save it as that's an option on the phone which I'd already done.  But I suppose Skoda can't get it all right straight away.  Perhaps the software writer is trying to keep himself (herself) in work by leaving a few improvements to add later on!  One, thing to bare in mind though is that it takes a few minutes for the download to appear on the screen, I had already driven a mile or so before it showed. 

7 hours ago, Stratton said:

Yes, very happy now. With Keith Owens assistance I was able to use the app now that it recognised my car.  I loaded a "test" route and downloaded it from the phone last night.  It showed up on the infotainment unit this morning.  It offers 3 options - Cancel, Save or Show.  Little bit annoying to have to give it a name again to save it as that's an option on the phone which I'd already done.  But I suppose Skoda can't get it all right straight away.  Perhaps the software writer is trying to keep himself (herself) in work by leaving a few improvements to add later on!  One, thing to bare in mind though is that it takes a few minutes for the download to appear on the screen, I had already driven a mile or so before it showed. 

You should be able to manually retrieve it (and previous sent destinations) by going to the Online Destinations, provided your car is online then

Are any MIB3 Amundsen currently able to download a route from their phone via the app?  I spoke to soon, my successful download a week ago was my only route that I've been able to get to my Amundsen unit.  Daily tests have looked like they've been successful according to the messages on the App but don't get downloaded to the unit in the car.  Has anyone tried finding a route via Google Maps on the phone and sharing to the App?  I found that it worked OK as far as showing on the App but not downloading to the car, now when I try it shows as a very random route starting from, maybe London or other places.  I have today received the following email from Skoda Customer Relations:-

Thank you for your email dated 29 March.
I am sorry to hear that you was having issue with your MyŠKODA APP. I can advise that the app was down for maintenance and should be working again now.
However, in relation to the MIB 3 system in your vehicle. I can advise that our factory are taking the feedback on board from all the customer’s and advised that they ate working on ways to improve the service. But there is no time-scale provided when this will happen.
I look forward to hearing from you.

The comment at the end, no time scale provided, is very worrying.  I've assured him in my reply that I will be in contact on a regular basis to see how things are progressing.  It'll be an interesting conversation when, in a years time, they want me to pay to use this!!  

I had success but now it does not seem to work. Tried twice with no route being shown in the car. No idea why it work the other week or why it won’t work now. 
Guess it is very hit and miss on getting it to work. 
Seems that a lot of thing with the MIB3 system are like that

• 2 weeks later...

Following on from my previous post of April 7th Skoda customer relations have corresponded a number of times.  Their latest suggestion was to open "Skoda Connect" on the Menu screen of the Amundsen unit.   This has not been possible for me as, can be seen in the photos, I don't have that option.  May be this is the cause of my problem.  Do others have this option offered when they click on the Menu button?

I've now also found that when I try to share a Google Map route to the Skoda App it opens up as a completely random address - the last one was somewhere in London.  Does anyone successfully use this as a way of loading a route to the car?  

Amundsen 01.jpg

Amundsen 02.jpg

SimonB68   Thank you for the link to the "missing Icon" post.  This is all very relevant to the problems we are experiencing in trying to send a route via the Skoda App to our cars.  You made a comment which made me feel that you haven't attempted to plan a journey using the App.   It would appear that anyone with a MIB3 unit is missing the icon and it is us who can't send a route to our cars unit.  I am not inspired with confidence when I'm being told by Skoda Customer Relations to open an icon that they must be aware, isn't on my cars infotainment unit.  I have made them aware via email so I  guess I'll just have to wait for them to respond to it.  I would be very surprised that there is no company representative monitoring this forum.  If there is perhaps it would be a good place to update us instead of treating us like mushrooms!

Hi from Macedonia. 
I read the discussion and I had same problems. My Kodiaq is manufactured 01/21 and it ended up with change of a module under the steering wheel ( left side ) 
The most important thing is both icons ( globe and privacy ) which are at the top middle of the screen are both working and present. 
I also solved the problem with the missing sim slot in newer models by adding 4G battery router which always have 12V. This router gives the net to the car, via Wifi. (of course with much cheaper plan )
The built in Internet radio works perfectly, and also all the items which need internet. 

Some people may have already found this but I noticed yesterday that my MIB3 Amundsen was telling me there was a Software Update.  This I completed very quickly and I now find I can download a route from the app to my car.  I have managed to have one route download and my fingers are crossed that this is not another temporary fix.  I now need to find out how I can monitor my downloads and find routs that have previously been downloaded.  I understand this is one of the functions of the icon named Skoda Connect that is on the earlier Amundsen and Columbus units.  Lets hope they have not stopped on improvements that can be made to the unit in our cars 

• 4 weeks later...

Four weeks have passed since my unit had the Software update and I was then able to send destinations and routes using the App from my phone to my car.  Since then it has repeated this successfully on a number of occasions but I now find it has stopped working.  The Skoda Connect App on my phone still works in it's other functions, showing me my car location, trip fuel consumption and mileage details, etc.  so I know the phone and car are talking to each other.  Have any other Skoda Connect app users found they are in the same situation?