Rear brake disc size?

TubaMagna8

Fitted new discs to the front on my 2013 prefaeclift yeti however i didn't order the rears as most websites quoted two sizes. Anyone a better way to make sure I order the right ones with out having to take the old ones off?

It's a 2013 yeti elegance 170bhp 4x4

Thanks 

Tubamagna8

On 06/03/2021 at 19:14, Wino said:

Find the build data sticker in the boot or service book and look for a PR-code that specifies which rear brake set-up you have. It will be 1KD, 1KS or 1KJ, corresponding to one of the three last diagrams here: wheels, brakes Yeti (YET) [EUROPA 2013 year] (7zap.com) 

1ks,  I've ordered them. Thanks for that.

48 minutes ago, rover220 said:

282mm. Have fun removing carrier bolts. 

That's what the impact wrench is for lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My local garage got the job after I failed, they had to acquire 2 x new 12 point pieces to loosen the carrier bolts  --  a lesson there somewhere, total cost, 1 hours work 50€ all in!

Edited by Frenchtone

I'll echo the pain with the carrier bolts.

My failed on my first attempt on my 170 4x4, as I couldn't find a combination of 1/2" drive extensions or flexible joints that would fit through the suspension arms & driveshaft.

(Also note I found then I I'd bought the wrong size rear discs, and the EBC Yellow pads - that I'd sprayed black for stealth - were also the wrong ones, so had to abort that too. I still have them sat in the garage, even though I don't have the car any more....)

Had to buy a different triple spline tool of a different length to even get on the bolt.

Managed it on second attempt, but had to jack the car up really high, so I could get a good pull on the driver bar to crack the bolts loose.

They're really tight, and really hard to get to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So bit of an update, Got to the rears all the pads and discs where correct. Pulled something in my arm trying to get those bolts off, ended up using some old play Frame bar on the end of a long wrench to get the bolts shifted. Incredibly happy that I managed to do it all myself, with a little help from my dad as well. 

IMG_3848.thumb.jpeg.a05e7f58e3669805f2238cf91de7f2c2.jpeg

Old Discs and Pads

IMG_3856.thumb.jpeg.ffbb97287a184fbcb2acff99f67d5af6.jpeg

Said bolts, Was really pleased that the spline bit didn't slip at all after previous bad experience with them.

New vs old... (front ones)

IMG_3736.thumb.jpeg.5df36f19a0eb60c6d4cceee4b9747d37.jpeg

IMG_3863.thumb.jpeg.433451af3a6f9fc48a4765c470dfff5b.jpeg

New ones on, Been driving on the new brakes for a few weeks, really impressed by the performance of them. and they look the part too.

Thanks for the help in getting the correct disks and pads!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TubaMagna8 said:

So bit of an update, Got to the rears all the pads and discs where correct. Pulled something in my arm trying to get those bolts off, ended up using some old play Frame bar on the end of a long wrench to get the bolts shifted. Incredibly happy that I managed to do it all myself, with a little help from my dad as well. 

IMG_3848.thumb.jpeg.a05e7f58e3669805f2238cf91de7f2c2.jpeg

Old Discs and Pads

IMG_3856.thumb.jpeg.ffbb97287a184fbcb2acff99f67d5af6.jpeg

Said bolts, Was really pleased that the spline bit didn't slip at all after previous bad experience with them.

New vs old... (front ones)

IMG_3736.thumb.jpeg.5df36f19a0eb60c6d4cceee4b9747d37.jpeg

IMG_3863.thumb.jpeg.433451af3a6f9fc48a4765c470dfff5b.jpeg

New ones on, Been driving on the new brakes for a few weeks, really impressed by the performance of them. and they look the part too.

Thanks for the help in getting the correct disks and pads!

didi you really do that whole job using the cars widow maker jack? 

7 hours ago, rover220 said:

didi you really do that whole job using the cars widow maker jack? 

27 minutes ago, Expatman said:

NO, NO, NO can’t have done all that work with the car jack, surely used axle stands or something - tell us you did!

so I used the jack to raise the car, but then used the wheel under the rear subframe to support it but also had a solid wooden box with some planks on top which took the weight of the car, as before I started any work I let the weight off of the jack. 

I need to invest in some axle stands at some point.